main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ALL ANGLES (NJO, J/J, Dark Journey tie-in, Vignettes) - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    WELCOME TO ALL ANGLES

This series of vignettes takes place during Dark Journey by Elaine Cunningham. They follow the series of vignettes I posted earlier called Dreams of the Future, which takes place during DarkTide:Ruin. Both sets of vignettes follow the story, but present a different angle. If you like these please check out my fanfic Echoes of the Past. Hope you enjoy.

Thanks to Hoya94, Zara_Rose and Darth_Lex for proofing!

ALL ANGLES was nominated for a Summer 2003 Fan Fiction Award in the Best Canon Category.

Lady in Red has been nominated for Best Vignette in the Winter 2003 Fan Fiction Awards. And Jagged Fel has been nominated for the Best Interpretation of a Canon Character as well. Excerpts are up; check it out!

ALL ANGLES was nominated for a Summer 2004 Fan Fiction Award in the Best Canon and Best Complete categories. Excerpts are up soon; check it out!

THE DREAM

The swirling wind whipped snow flurries all around him, sometimes blinding him in a sheet of white. Other times he could just discern the outline of a figure in the distance. The figure was moving across the glacier, through the blizzard at a slow run, as fast as the elements would allow. A violet light illuminated the hooded form from behind. The light moved back and forth in rhythm with the figure?s gait.

He called out, fearing for the person on the glacier. The figure stopped for a moment at the sound of his voice, but never turned to face him. Then the form resumed its trek through the storm. The pace was more urgent than before.

He left the relative protection provided by the proximity to the main estate building to follow the misplaced traveler. His hunt was made all the more difficult from fighting through the drifts of snow, but he trudged forward, undaunted by the task. Some force was pulling him like a magnet, driving his feet faster and faster.

He thought he would never catch up, but then the figure stumbled and fell. As he approached he could make out the tiny shape of a blue robe, cloaking a petite figure kneeling in the snow. He called again, driven by a gnawing desire to protect this being?s life.

The figure turned at the sound of his voice. Instead of a stranger under the hood, there was the delicate face of Jaina Solo. The features held him captivated, just like the first time he saw her on Ithor. Her skin was flawless. Brown hair cascaded out of the hood, capturing snowflakes in its tendrils. Those eyes beckoned him to come to her and take away the sadness hidden there. He had known those eyes his whole life, and yet he had never seen them sad like this. Her eyes reflected the brilliant violet rays emanating from the lightsaber grasped in her hand as they drowned in a watery pool.

Then the tears fell, like a dam breaking. Her hand came up; her fingers outstretched, beckoning for a touch. He reached out, his farthest finger hungering for the feel of her. Their fingers were so close he could almost feel the electricity spark between the two.

In a cruel twist, the wind swirled heavier gusts. The electric edge he felt came to life in a swirl of violet lightning pulsing amidst the flurries. As he blinked away the piercing snow buffeting his eyes, he realized she was being barraged by the streaks of energy. Each strike diminished her presence until she was just a ghost. The lightsaber dropped through her hand, which was no longer corporeal.

Jag fell to his knees and grasped her in his arms. He met the warmth of her body, beneath his embrace. Some part of her was still whole. There was still a chance. Her arms wrapped around him, clutching his waist in a desperate attempt to anchor herself. She c

2. Rebel_Princess89

Rebel_Princess89 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    Wow!
    I love the way you mixed his earlier dream with what's happening now to Jaina.
    Really good. :)

3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    great start TKL :D

~TJF

4. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Yay! More vignettes! And yours are wonderful! I love how you get inside Jag's head so well...this is such an interesting approach to the stories.

Wonderful!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

5. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    I can firmly say that after reading this, and some of your other works, that you have a great knack at characterization Jag Fel.

6. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Melikes! More please?

7. Hoya94

Hoya94 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2001
    Hi TKL,

It was a pleasure helping you out. Let me know if you need more assistance. What can I say? This vignette is wonderful. It's great to see a more in-depth look at Jag and Jaina's evolving relationship. :D Write more soon! ;)

Hoya

8. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    awesome, TK, simply awesome! can't wait for the next one!

EDIT: is this a sequel to the other set of viggies you did? or is it a stand alone just tying in with Dark Journey?

9. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Very cool, great mental pictures and emotions :D Excellent viggie!

10. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Hey guys thanks for all the nice replies. I'll get to all them tomorrow! :)

11. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    RP89: Thanks ;)

TJF: Thanks :)

JJD: this from Mrs. Durron. I am stunned [face_blush]

jaya02: I love Jag Fel!

ZR: more soon

Hoya94: I will

LJS: awesome, melikes

This is a sequel and there will be a tie-in during Echoes as well!

12. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
  13. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    hehe! You had to know that I would be here at my first chance. Finding such great posts on Echoes as well as this is just too great after being gone for 5 days. Wow- so much to say, as usual with your writing TK. I really need to go write now though after spending an hour and a half reading and replying to your stuff!!

I too loved the parallel snow image you started both sets of viggies off with.

There was a lot of amazing imagery, but this part really stood out at me, partly because of the obvious meaning of the passage, but also because of what I saw as a bit of subtle irony.

The electric edge he felt came to life in a swirl of violet lightning pulsing amidst the flurries. As he blinked away the piercing snow buffeting his eyes, he realized she was being barraged by the streaks of energy. Each strike diminished her presence until she was just a ghost. The lightsaber dropped through her hand, which was no longer corporeal.

It's clear to me that the "electric edge" that turns into the "violet lightening" that strikes at Jaina represents the darkside she has fallen prey to destroying her, just as the destructive dark lightening we have seen her unleash before destroys. And as with every strike and step toeards the darkside she becomes less Jedi- the dropping of her lightsaber.

The really interesting part was the way that Jag associates the literal "sparks" between the two of them in what is clearly the bond of love that fate connects them with. When I said irony, I was referring to the fact that Jag is part of what I beleive pulls Jaina from the dark side, with Kyp's help of course. So it's like this lightening is present in both Jaya's connection with the dark side as well as who may be considered her savior as well. It simply differs in each perspective. Of course, one might view it simply as ignorance on Jag's part, lol. It's romantic nonetheless. 8-} Even though he can't possibly understand the magnitude of meaning in this dream, he will go to Jaina, confident that his growing love for her will save her. Her last chance is the choice of which "sparks" to turn to. His love or the dark side.

Overall- absolutely fabulous TK. I look forward to more. [face_devil] Especially what surely must be some angst. We all know that Dark Journey is filled with more than it's fair share of confrontations and complications with Jag and Jaina's realtionship.

-Rogue

14. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    LJS: thanks!

R49: Another deep reply from you! Gotta love it.

I too loved the parallel snow image you started both sets of viggies off with.

Thanks you'll find it again later in Echoes!

There was a lot of amazing imagery, but this part really stood out at me, partly because of the obvious meaning of the passage, but also because of what I saw as a bit of subtle irony.

The electric edge he felt came to life in a swirl of violet lightning pulsing amidst the flurries. As he blinked away the piercing snow buffeting his eyes, he realized she was being barraged by the streaks of energy. Each strike diminished her presence until she was just a ghost. The lightsaber dropped through her hand, which was no longer corporeal.

It's clear to me that the "electric edge" that turns into the "violet lightening" that strikes at Jaina represents the darkside she has fallen prey to destroying her, just as the destructive dark lightening we have seen her unleash before destroys. And as with every strike and step toeards the darkside she becomes less Jedi- the dropping of her lightsaber.

I am glad you caught the dropping of the lightsaber. The dark side takes them from their calling as a Jedi - who only serve the light.

The really interesting part was the way that Jag associates the literal "sparks" between the two of them in what is clearly the bond of love that fate connects them with. When I said irony, I was referring to the fact that Jag is part of what I beleive pulls Jaina from the dark side, with Kyp's help of course. So it's like this lightening is present in both Jaya's connection with the dark side as well as who may be considered her savior as well. It simply differs in each perspective. Of course, one might view it simply as ignorance on Jag's part, lol. It's romantic nonetheless.

The sparks are a sign of what is to come in their relationship. Sparks of love. Sparks that fly all during DJ when they battle constantly. She burns him in the dream and in DJ.

Even though he can't possibly understand the magnitude of meaning in this dream, he will go to Jaina, confident that his growing love for her will save her. Her last chance is the choice of which "sparks" to turn to. His love or the dark side.

Yes!

Overall- absolutely fabulous TK. I look forward to more. Especially what surely must be some angst. We all know that Dark Journey is filled with more than it's fair share of confrontations and complications with Jag and Jaina's realtionship.

The fights are what I look forward to.

15. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    this from Mrs. Durron.

*laughs hysterically*

*thump*

*drags self off floor*

Oh-my-goodness...that is hilarious! Specially cuz I used to have a sock called that...but nobody ever called me that before...LOL!

Anyways...this needs an upsie!

16. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    JJD - you've been officially renamed on my threads

Mrs. Durron

[face_love]

:D

;)

17. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    LOL! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I LOVE it!

18. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Glad you do!

bump!

19. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
  20. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Awesome. Absolutely awesome. I love how well it fits in with everything. You are a master of continuity.

~Rogue

21. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    Wow. It all first together. It's just so....WONDERFUL! I loved it TKL!

22. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    R49: bump to you!

rogue11: kisses and hugs, another title for me! :D

JSF13: thanks [face_love]

23. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    lol- thanks TK

I finally posted to The Man Who Killed Ithor this morning!!! Can't wait to see you there.

24. collywolly

collywolly Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    oh wow that was great :)

25. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    R49: I'm coming!

collywolly: thanks [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.