main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ALL ANGLES (NJO, J/J, Dark Journey tie-in, Vignettes) - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    AAAAAAAAAA :_| I forgot my password for my yahoo account :_| I can't read the teaser :(

2. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Did someone say tempermental ?[face_plain]

No that's just being a female :p

3. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    TKL If it's possible could you post the epilogue, please?

4. Dark_Lighter

Dark_Lighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2003
    No fair being nice about it Chimpo! That makes the rest of us look horribly mean! :p

Its all for the love of reading great writings... and because it was fun. But especially for the reading posts. I'm sure TKL doesn't mind ( so long as the scrolling stays intact) that some of us have odd ways of expressing our...eagerness, I guess is the right word...

Anyways, if all this craziness aggravated someone, then this is an apology. If not.... well then in 24 hours this conversation will have never taken place. :p

5. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I forgot my password for my yahoo account I can't read the teaser

Dang, you want me to PM you that Chimpo? :(

6. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    I already PMed it to him this morning, Shinar. :)

Dang, I don't think we're getting a post today. :(

7. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Sorry guys, horse show weekends are tough :( I've been gone all day (since 6:30AM) and the post is still not back from the beta. As soon as I get it, so you will. Maybe more teasing in the Cantina? Anyone game? :p

8. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Do you even have to ask Commander? ;)

Red I guess Chimpo's got two copies now :p

9. Dark_Lighter

Jul 2, 2003
    I'm Game!!!!!!

10. elly

elly Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2004
    I make no apologies. I live to aggravate people ;)

How'd it go TKL? Ours was cancelled :( but it's moved to next weekend. The footing (hogsfuel) dies in the rain and if we take the indoor the stuffy old dressage riders who can't control their horses outside (well they can't control them inside either but yeah) throw a fit and unfortunatly they have more pull with the Club executive than we do, being mostly senior members.

For a horse show, I forgive the lack of post ;)

11. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Once more my thanks goes to Shinar and Red for PM me the teaser :D

And now it's UP!!!!

12. Dark_Lighter

Jul 2, 2003

NEE!!!!!

Up we goes while waiting :p

13. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Posting and replies in a wee bit ;)

14. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    I have apparently neglected this thread but alas it is coming to an end :(

Except for the :) faces to be had over TMoaR.

Here goes?

Chimpo: I really need TMoaR Working on it just for you babe ;)

red: I'd like to change my name too, you know. Too bad we can't do it. Lesseee...how about Jags_Fave_Girl, or I_Did_It_With_Jag or... never mind. All wishful thinking on my part, I know. You see where that's going. Those are too easy. I could think of a few more but I might get in trouble for posting them ;) :eek:

Mrs. Durron: Lovely little post I missed, TKL! Loved it! Cool :cool:

Bring her back safely so I have a chance to prove that I can outfly her heart. Great line! I liked that too. [face_love]

Dark_Lighter: I don?t? even know where to begin to respond to you except give you the post dedication. The epilogue is all your baby.

Jedi_jainafel: Sad about All Angles ending, but BRING ON THE MUSH! Ah another Mush fan

I liked seeing the "SupaDupa Military Jag" duped and confused. Makes him seem far more human. *smiles* ah that was the idea ;)

shelly: LOL @ Tone... Agreed :D

DarthIshtar: I finally caught up and am waiting very happily and impatiently for more! Well it?s here and done :eek: :_|

SpikeLeadJF: *bounces off padded walls singing in a made up tune* EEK! :eek:

-Trickster-: TKL, I loved your VD challenge submission! It was so awesome!! Why thanks [face_blush] [face_love]

Lt_Jaina_Solo: UP! More soon? Less than one hour even ;)

elly: WELCOME! :D

How'd it go TKL? It went okay. Had a spell of horse and rider not getting their acts together in sync ? I would be perfect and he would swap off at a fence or take a rail like the lazy turkey that he is..
    the stuffy old dressage riders who can't control their horses outside (well they can't control them inside either but yeah) throw a fit Okay now that had me [face_laugh] ROTFLMAO! I guess your dressage riders are no different than the ones in FL!

Vicster: Oh my. I do believe the madness is crazier over here, than it is over at Legacy. *taps TKL on the shoulder* I think you should post soon. For your own safety. I think you are right.

Jaina_and_Jag: That would work too... I mean, posting is much easier than reading. Heehee [face_mischief]

Shinar: Dang, you want me to PM you that Chimpo? What a nice group [face_love]

All the ladies looking out for Chimpo

Posting in a few guys?

15. Dark_Lighter

Jul 2, 2003
    Woohoo!!!!!!! Post is coming. The post is coming!!!!!!

Of course now i can't keep up with all of the craziness here... I guess i ought to go work on my story. Stupid Darth Writers Block, go bother someone else.

16. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Hmm three 8 :p

Now it's 890 :p

Working on it just for you babe :cool: :cool: :cool:

EDIT: Darn you Dark Lighter :p

You took my post :p

17. Dark_Lighter

Jul 2, 2003
    if we keep this up, we might make it to 900 :)

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The legions of Rabbits stikes again! :p

18. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
  19. Dark_Lighter

Jul 2, 2003
    Ewoks: Look, the silly Kniggggits brout us a large wooden rabbit! Those stupid enlish type post-wanters....

Ewoks proceed to dismantle the GWRoA and reveal me sitting in there.

Me: What, the post is almost up, i had to find some way to try and sneak ahead for the sequal.....

Post Soon!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Dark_Lighter

Jul 2, 2003
    Have to come up with something else....... Must fill 10 more pages.....

Ah, I know........

Anyone out there have an in-universe comparison to a flute? Or would they have traditional flutes? Or would it matter?

21. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    * takes a bazooka and destroyes the rabbit *

Muahahahahahaha [face_devil]

22. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Chimpo and Dark_Lighter, this one is for you. [face_love]

Alas my baby has come to an end. I have to say this is some of my favorite work and I hope you guys have enjoyed it as much as I have. Thanks again to Hoya94, Zara and Lex for the beta help. Once again Zara banged this post out so you guys could get it fast. Tell her thanks :D

And in typical TKeira fashion, I had intended this to be a couple of pages and it ended up being the longest post I have ever done. I think though a lot of loose ends are tied up, and it really strengthen the beginning of TMoaR.

So on with the show...

EPILOGUE

HELLO, GOODBYE

The first hues of the dawning sun pinked the deep azure of the Hapan sky as Colonel Jagged Fel guided his clawcraft toward the particular portion of the landing zone reserved for Vanguard Squadron. The battle for supremacy in the Hapan System had been won late in the evening, and his volunteer band of pilots had more than done their part to earn that victory. Jag had missed flying with them, but he felt no less pride in their accomplishment, especially for his friend Shawnkyr, who had proven she was a worthy commander in her own right. So several hours earlier, Jag had ordered Vanguard Squadron back to the planet for a much-deserved rest, leaving mop-up duties to some of the Hapan units.

Lining up with the last open berth, the point in a pyramid formation, the standard Chiss arrangement, Jag could not help the beginnings of a smile that tugged at the corners of his mouth. In leaving him the position of honor, his best friend had offered Jag a sort of peace offering after their falling out only a day earlier.

Only a day earlier. Jag wondered if that could possibly be right. In the time since Jag had squared off with his second-in-command, he had snuck into the Palace, taken on the Hapan who had attacked Han Solo, been shot, endured torture, given up on Jaina and?

With the last thirty feet in his descent left, repulsors firing, Jag nudged his foot rudder and allowed the fighter to spin slowly in a move worthy of an Academy cadet. A move that was only performed once and then never again after a flight instructor, always tall on discipline and short on a sense of fun, leveled swift punishment ? kitchen duty to be exact ? for using a fighter as a toy. But then Jag had no reason to fear a tall, blue-skinned flight instructor and the grim reproach wielded like a weapon by said instructor. Today, Jag had proven he was more than worthy of command. And if he wanted to spiral through the landing, well that was what he would do.

The final approach may not have met Chiss standards, but the actual touchdown would have scored high marks. If the landing strut indicators did not show full load, Jag might have wondered what had happened to the ground below. The lack of any jolting was a welcome relief. He was not sure how much more battering his body could take.

Jag ran through the post-flight powerdown as a matter of course, then removed his helmet. He hung the black plasteel shell on its hook above his head and groaned as ribs screamed their protest. Perhaps serving as the Fleet commander had been for the best with the condition he found himself in. Jag had endured a lot of suffering as a pilot and soldier, most of it in training meant to harden and numb the mind and body when the need arose, but nothing could have prepared him for the emotional and physical battery he had been subjected to in the last day.

Gingerly, Jag climbed out of his cockpit, then slid along the hull to the ground. His breath left him for a moment before he managed to will away the pain to some deep recess of his mind. Squaring his shoulders, Jag spared one final look at his clawcraft. Satisfied the fighter had sealed itself, he started to step off in the direction of his office. A true bed would have been desirable but sleep was even more so. Jag would simply crash on the couch for a couple hours, saving the wasted time of travelling across

23. Dark_Lighter

Jul 2, 2003
    *Confetti flies, and rabbits carrying boxes of tissues run rampant!*

That was absolutly amazing commander! I mean.....wow! I don't know quite what to say. Del Ray, we've got an author for you. Needs to write missing scenes!

That was just wonderful! So do we get to see what that message was latter? Or maybe you can tie it into Legacy! Or both!

When i can think better, I'll say more!

Edit: Chimpo! You've destroyed the great monument. Well, I shall have to simply build another one!

24. Dark_Lighter

Jul 2, 2003
    More replies to post!

?To the Jedi shelter, then to Borleias. Tenel Ka got word that some part of the Fleet that fled Coruscant is making a stand there. I think I can make a difference.?

?You will.?

?I hope.?

Jag pulled away then and stared into Jaina?s eyes. She released him and tried to banish the tears. To her, they may have been a weakness; to Jag, they were a gift. His voice was firm as he spoke.

?You will make a difference.?

She swallowed and tipped her head. ?I will make a difference.? Then, she formed a sort of half-hearted smile. ?For Anakin and Jacen?s sake.?

Forgot to say this the first time. You did a great job of showing that Jaina will still struggling with her brush with the dark side. The books made it seem like a complete 180 over the course of very little time. This shows that it was nowhere near as cut and dry as they made it seem. Even after all of this, she is still doing it for them, not becuase its whats right. But it also show progress, because its not done for vengence, but more of in their memory. Granted, it could be said that that was the will of the force, but something about the way it was said and taking it in context of the Jaina that recently would have destroyed half the galaxy if she could to bring back her brothers, i still think it shows that the thoughts are a bit, for a lack of a better word, tainted. Sort of like that "once you start down the dark path, foverer will it dominate you destiny" type thing. But I'm geting too phillosopical :p

?She would like that. Still, there are many reasons for me to head back to Csilla.?

?Don?t go.? Her eyes begged more than the words as she pressed on. ?There are too few with your skills. We need you. I??

?Yes??

?I ne?? Jaina slammed her mouth shut and let out an exasperated grunt.

*skip a few lines*

?I had better go prepare a message to send to my father. He will want to be kept up-to-date on my status.?

There was a fraction of a second where the expression of a frightened, little girl flashed across her face. ?What if he tells you to return home??

This really helps led up to Jaina's comments in RD. And its nice to see that shes having trouble with actually expressing the fact that she cares about Jag. Must be the Skywalker/Solo curse. SEe, theres Han/Leia, Luke/Mara, Jaina/Jag, Anikin/Tahari, Jacen/Tenal Ka, Jacen/Danni, Jacen/"who ever the del ray authors come up with next"....

You do such a great job showing that kind of characterization. More again later!

25. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Thank you for the dedication :)

Wonderful post to end wonderful series :D

Too bad that Tenel Ka died in Legacy :( I wonder how did Jag feel about the news? It must have really hit him hard :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.