main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ALL ANGLES (NJO, J/J, Dark Journey tie-in, Vignettes) - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    And there¡¯s Lowie, but he wouldn¡¯t care if I stole another Suncrusher

For some reason, that stuck out for me. I really, really liked that line.

Very beautiful ending. It was perfect for the ending of Dark Journey, and very enlightening towards what we know comes afterwards. Great job!

~Rogue

2. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    That was a beautiful ending! :) [face_love]

Yes, I have been checking in here from time to time...but I tend to lurk due to time issues. But I felt an ending like that deserved at least a small comment.

3. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Bravo!!! What a perfect ending! :D :D (and yes: Thanks, Zara for a speedy beta!)

I don't know what else to say. It was just so . . . perfect!

?Here,? she said while shoving the disc into his empty hand. ?When I didn?t think I would see you again, I prepared a message.?
    Will we get to see this in the first post of TMoaR? I'm curious as to what Jaina had to say.

Anxiously awaiting TMoaR! :D

4. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    Wow...me liked that a lot. Absolutely wonderful!! You have no idea, TKL. Well, actually, you probably do, but still. :D

5. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Okay, that was an excellent, fully worthy post. Now when the heck do we get to find out what's on the datacard?? :D :p [face_devil]

She reached into a pocket on her flightsuit and produced a datcard. ?Here,? she said while shoving the disc into his empty hand. ?When I didn?t think I would see you again, I prepared a message.?

Jag tucked the datacard away in his chest pocket. ?Thank you. I promise to read it later.?

6. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Awesome ending Commander!!! :D Jag is so good. :p When is TMoaR? [face_mischief] :p

7. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    One word: Perfect. :)

-Vicster

8. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Perfect ending. And that is all that can be said about it.

9. Dark_Lighter

Dark_Lighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2003
    I was re-reading this for the ump-teenth time today... this jumped out at me...

As it is I have overstepped my mandate,?

If this were Anikin Skywalker he'd probobly say that taking on the vong was implied in the mandate. I just found it halarious that Anikan said almost the exact oppiste thing that Jag did. Of course, they have two opposite personalities. Was that an intentional reference on your part commander?

Edit: Wow. In the time i took to write this, the seven people before me wrote there replies.... kind of freaky to find yourself halfway down a page that wasn't even started. The posts, they multiply....like rabbits!

10. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Great JOB! TKL THAT WAS SWEET! even if we dont get a Legacy postie today! Pouts.... My bf is telling me to stop it.. so i guess i betteer smile... be happy.... u know.. the usual!

THE DUKIES! WON! LAST! NIGHT~

JJ SUCKED tthough! he had like 7 points where he usually has double to triple that

11. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    And if he wanted to spiral through the landing, well that was what he would do.
    Jag is too funny? Lollygagging a landing? Oooo, don?t go all wild and crazy on us now, big guy. :p

This queen business is tiresome even in its infancy.
    [face_laugh] Poor Tenel Ka? She?s really gonna have a rough transition.

Jaina eyed his hand curiously.
    The only reason I?m not going to lambaste Jag for having Jacen levels of dopiness is because I know he really has no clue? It?s not obliviousness, it?s pure innocence. (Reminds me a little of Anakin in AOTC, actually ? earnest and heartfelt but totally clueless about courtship.) So it?s really easy for me to imagine Jaina?s amusement at him wanting to shake hands over something much more than mere friendship (even if neither of them is ready to say it). [face_love]

?I ne?? Jaina slammed her mouth shut and let out an exasperated grunt.
    I love the subtle echoes of the Han/Leia exchange on Hoth in ESB. At least Jaina made it a bit farther along than her mom before she chickened out.

Great ending to a wonderful series. :D I?ll be looking forward to TMOAR.

12. elly

elly Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2004
    Wow. You never disappoint, TKL.
    You're so creative, yet everything you make up fits so absolutely perfectly with canon!
    I liked the spinning clawcraft landing and the way you did the Jag/Tenel Ka friendship. Well heck I liked it all :)
    And the reporting in to his father was absolutely inspired. It makes Wyn's comment "He hasn't reported in as he was supposed to," make perfect sense. That was just inspired :). I said that already. Whatever I'll say it twice ;)

Okay now that had me :D ROTFLMAO! I guess your dressage riders are no different than the ones in FL!
    Wow I made TKL laugh!! Go me!!

Chimpo!!!! Spoilers!!! Ah, it's my own fault for not being caught up :)

And a totally irrelevant question, to end. Why are we bolding everyone's names in our posts? Just curious :)

13. Dark_Lighter

Jul 2, 2003
    The bolding is to seperate a person's name from any other text. Suposedly, a person could have a name that is very closely related to a character and it would confuse people. I thinks thats sort of crazy, but I guess its just sort of a respect thing as well.

14. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Those are too easy. I could think of a few more but I might get in trouble for posting them
    Haa, I bet I know which ones you were thinking of. :p [face_love] :p

All the ladies looking out for Chimpo
    Yes, we all spoil our man. ;)Imp-Boy, do you feel the love, sweetie?

Let me join everyone in saying, what a perfect ending! :)

?You will stay and fight because it is what is right, for you.? Jag flapped his mouth in protest, but the queen asserted herself. ?You are a man ruled by the heart, not the dictates of others.?
    I really liked this part, because in my mind that's how I've always seen Jag. Tenel Ka and Jag, I think, have very similar personality traits. The very same words TK used to describe Jag could be applied to her as well.

Probably one of the best things to come from all these eye-opening, life-defining realizations was that Jag was forming a better understanding of his father. That softening in the General?s cold eyes was no longer foreign because Jag was sure, even as he watched Jaina wrap her friend in a hug, that his eyes were undergoing much the same transformation.
    Loved this part, too. I've always been intrigued by the little glimpse we've seen in canon of Jag's relationship with his father.

Jag did not need to hear the words to know what she meant. Someday when she was ready, he would hear them.
    He's really not all that oblivious after all. ;)

Jag tucked the datacard away in his chest pocket. ?Thank you. I promise to read it later.?
    I hope we'll get to see what's in the datacard. Is it something that could go in the Love Letters thread?

Why Jagged Fel, I think you have the makings of a Rebel after all.?
    There's the perfect segue. ;) Bring on TMOAR. :D

15. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Red Yes, we all spoil our man. Imp-Boy, do you feel the love, sweetie? I won't protest :D I like it :D

elly Oh I'm sorry for that spoiler I thought that everyone here was on track with Legacy :(

16. Dark_Lighter

Jul 2, 2003
    Soooooooo...... how long until we catch a glimpse of TMoaR? :p

17. elly

elly Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2004
    No worries Chimpo, I ought to be but you know what life can be like. Not your fault :)

Ah, thank you dark_lighter. The madness has a method. Mind you I have a feeling it's going to get real annoying, real fast.

Irreverent question number two: why Tone? I seem to have missed that joke

18. puppyglo

puppyglo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2003
    That was beautiful! [face_love] I have the whole thing saved on MS Word (I hope you don't mind!)

~Glo

EDIT: What is TMoaR going to be...? Sorry! :(

19. elly

elly Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2004
    Page two? No, no, no. Not allowed. Upsies!
    In between studying for my political science exam, I've been working on catching up to everyone. I could ask TKL for the word file I suppose, but then I would miss all the banter - which is almost as fun as the story itself! EotP must have delurked the biggest number of people, I swear! Though so far all of them have done it opposite from me - caught up and then delurked. Whatever ;) I've come across some scary references to initiation in Ewok suits for newbies - very relieved no one's done that to me!!! And it sounds like maybe Wraiths get lightsabers? That would be cool. Guess what color mine would be ;)
    And apparantly we're supposed to have titles, too. Geez, I don't even have a callsign yet! But I think it's ok cuz most of us don't seem to have titles.
    Anyhow the real point of this post was the up ;)

EDIT: and now there is no point because puppyglo beat me to it. Oh well.
    Everyone, TKL said she would start TMoaR this week, but that was last week when she said she would post the AA epilouge this week (ie last week) and she didn't post till monday so she's a week behind. But she might do the first TMoaR this week too *shrugs*.
    Honestly, don't you people ever visit the Cantina? :) I've been harassing her there for ages.
    Anyhow we'll have to watch the boards for a new thread cuz I have this feeling she's going to see how smart we are and if we catch it when it goes up without being told. Especially since we're all bugging her so much.
    Whew this was as long as the actual post!

20. puppyglo

puppyglo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2003
    I don't go to the Cantina that much anymore.. I lurk. lol

21. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I go to the Cantina when I remember... which isn't often. [face_blush]

22. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    GOOD MORNING!

Can you believe it?s over?

Great replies! I was so happy the final post was well received. Like I said, I had intended to have a much smaller post (about 3 pages max) and it ended up 10 pages long! But there were things that needed to be said so we could move on to TMoaR. Most importantly I felt that the relationship between Jaina and Jag had to be on the right track. I mean in a few short days Jag is going to hurl himself into harm?s way out of love! *sighs* If only?

On to the replies?

Dark_Lighter: Oh my ever faithful, bulldog of a fan. WhenYOu want something you definitely aren?t afraid to ask. Good for you ;)

That was absolutly amazing commander! I mean.....wow! I don't know quite what to say. Del Ray, we've got an author for you. Needs to write missing scenes! I?m flattered [face_blush] and overjoyed :D because I was afraid I wouldn?t live up to your expectations.

So do we get to see what that message was latter? My plan is to reveal the message at some pointing TMoaR but it?s a secret so ;)

Forgot to say this the first time. You did a great job of showing that Jaina will still struggling with her brush with the dark side. The books made it seem like a complete 180 over the course of very little time. This shows that it was nowhere near as cut and dry as they made it seem. I have to agree that her turn around was in no way immediate or cut and dry, but I think the books did attempt to show this. They just didn?t beat the readers over the head with it, and I think this was for one good reason ? as the story of Jaina/Jag passed into Rebel Dream it no longer became Jaina?s story but rather the story of the fight for the Republic. There are definitely scenes where Jaina?s wrestles with her recovery but they are few and short. My version of RD will expand on them of course.

Sort of like that "once you start down the dark path, foverer will it dominate you destiny" type thing. I think the darkside will forever be a subtle tickling in the back of Jaina?s mind. In Lgc we have seen this, perhaps too in TMoaR. ;)

This really helps led up to Jaina's comments in RD. And its nice to see that shes having trouble with actually expressing the fact that she cares about Jag. Must be the Skywalker/Solo curse. Glad you caught that subtle reference to Jaina?s later outburst of ?Everyone is leaving me.? I do agree that Jaina is much like her mother in the fear of showing her need as some sort of weakness. It?s a sad state to be in for sure, but she does overcome it much like all her fellow Skywalkers

Chimpo: Thank you for the dedication You?re welcome.

Wonderful post to end wonderful series Thanks [face_blush]

I wonder how did Jag feel about the news? It must have really hit him hard No he couldn?t have been too happy about it except that his concern for Keira probably overshadowed everything else?

rogue11lovesjag: For some reason, that stuck out for me. I really, really liked that line. Thanks!

Very beautiful ending. It was perfect for the ending of Dark Journey, and very enlightening towards what we know comes afterwards. Well that was my intention so WOOHOO! :D

Auntie: That was a beautiful ending! thanks [face_blush]

Yes, I have been checking in here from time to time...but I tend to lurk due to time issues. But I felt an ending like that deserved at least a small comment. Well thanks for delurking ;)

Jags_Scoundrel: Bravo!!! What a perfect ending! Cool :cool: Music to my ears?

Will we get to see this in the first post of TMoaR? I'm curious as to what Jaina had to say. See answer above in DL?s reply

-Trickster-: Wow...me liked that a lot. Absolutely wonderful!! :D It doesn?t hurt to be reminded. ;)

Shinar: Okay, that was an excellent, fully worthy post. Definitely an uberpost :)

Now when the heck do we get to find out what's on

23. jedishellyskywalker

jedishellyskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Thanks so much for such a fabulous ending to such a wonderful story, Commander . I loved it from beginning to end!

Roll on Making of a Rebel!

(Just make sure u remember to take some chill out time too! I know we're all too fond of you to want you risking exhaustion in the name of literature!)

24. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    That was great, Commander! What a fantastic way to end this vignetter series. Everything tied together very nicely and flowed wonderfully. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you do...

25. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    *kicks thread up*

/\ :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.