main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA All Collecting, All the Time!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I was just at Target and I also saw some bean bag chairs, but they were for kids too.

LM and I just got back from BK, I got the Boga and I was an idiot because they almost gave me extra toys for free because they didn't notice that I had them already. But then at the last second the guy saw that someone else had given them to me so he laughed and took the ones he had in his hand back. Oh well. I also picked up the very first figure Obi Wan #1 because in all my collecting confusion I only picked up one of them originally and not my usual two.

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I was just at Target and missed all of that. What I don't understand is why they do not make Star Wars sheets for queen sized beds? I mean look at all of the fans who went to C3 and the midnight show. Isn't that indicative of something?

SR, let me know if you want the second wave because I can pick them up for you for less than $15.

VK, you're welcome, or as my buddy Alf would say, "No problem!"

I just found this out. I guess I know what I'm going to be buying now. Maybe I'll make a duvet and some pillow cases! Star Wars Fabrics

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Just read through my e-mail and followed a link to this:

Star Wars M&Ms

You can order personalized M&Ms here -- very cool. I ordered Padme Pink and Naboo Blue LOL. There's also a collectible tin.

4. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I have an extra BK Leia if anyone needs it.

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'll take your Leia if it's okay. It saves me from having to get one next week.

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Leia is yours.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks! I feel like Vader in ESB now.

8. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Could you guys keep an eye out for the Governer Tarkin figure for me. I'd appreciate it.

It will help complete my collection of figures for characters that were only in the movie for 10 seconds or less. :p

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I will be on the lookout for you CBM. Did you also get your Mon Mothma then? I thought she would have a bigger part.

10. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Wait, she was in it? I didn't even see her? No I'll pick one of those up, I see her all the time.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    She is in the scene right after the Chancellor and the two Jedi arrive back on Corusant after the big rescue. She is standing with all the other Senators to welcome them back.

12. Lord-Maximus

Lord-Maximus Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    Hey Everyone - FYI, Wave 5 BK Toys are out as of Saturday! I hit up my local BK in Thousand Oaks and they had all five to choose from. Fett is nice and the Clone Trooper looks good. I took advice from the column and asked the dude for a Vader (using a BK kids checklist they had out) and lo and behold he went box diving and found me one! You go for the "stupid" employees who don't know better! The manager saw him do it and gave us both a dirty look - beware BK managers, they are on to us! -LM

13. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    DH -- I have a Death Star for you!

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks VK. I was near a BK this past weekend and was going to go in but I was with family members and they already think I'm crazy.

15. richie894

richie894 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    i have spare bk - vader, leia, and starfighter.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I have a co-worker who has an extra Vader on the operating table or two. Anyone want one?

17. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I just got this weeks BK toys. Greivous, Leia, Jar Jar, Boga, and Jedi Starfighter. They also had Darth Vader, so I picked up another one of those. I wanted one to open, so I think I'll do that... unless someone else really wants it! LMK.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Did anyone pick up the Rolling Stone mag with Vader on the cover? I saw it while at LAX waiting for my flight and called my local bookstore to hold one for me. Well, I just picked it up yesterday and I can't wait to read it. I also picked up the Trivia quest book which I just noticed has four covers. Man!

On a sort of related note, Steve Sansweet was on KROQ yesterday morning.

19. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    DH, just want to clarify -- the Death Star I have for you is the M&M dispenser.

Was checking eBay this morning -- this is a great t-shirt:

SW t-shirt

Edited to add this -- JB, this is for you! It's hilarious:

Yoda t-shirt transfer

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Darn! I had hoped it was the $269 Lego Death Star ;) . Thanks. The transfer looked super cool!

21. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Just an FYI... when I was at a Walmart yesterday they had the Code 3 Millenium Falcon on a shelf. The Walmart website shows a price of $297.63 (Code 3 price is $295 but they are showing as unavailable right now), but I don't think that was the price on the shelf that I saw. Think it was $249 or something like that. Didn't pay a whole lot of attention 'cause I wasn't planning on buying one <g>. But, they are there, at the Duarte Walmart.

22. richie894

richie894 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    i got a gentle giant, c3 exclusive sandtrooper corporal mini-bust today :), i believe that there are only 2500 in the world. :)

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Man, this is way too steep for me.

I just picked up a Star Wars Lottery sign from a local lottery guy. It's pretty cool.

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    My Star Wars Ipod cover came in today. I haven't put it on yet, some assembly required.

25. jeff4sw21

jeff4sw21 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    If you go to StarWarsshop.com you can per-order your Comic-Con halo leia figure, $14.00 with protector case

jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.