main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA All Collecting, All the Time!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Tell me about this CIII Vader variant. I was unaware.. of such changes?

2. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    SR,
    Frosted Flakes are GGGRRRRROSS!

DH & JR, thank you and I will let you know soon if I am in dire need of one of the BK toys. I have a manager scouring the boxes for the ones left on my list. And OMG, my bro got me a Mace today!

Okay,I am sorry I said FF are grody considering the dude who did his voice died recently.

I bought the giant Vader pez and I don't know why. The Force was guiding my wallet.

I wonder if BK will do a promo for the DVD release. I know SR can't get enough Whoppers.

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Are you calling me fat? Oh no you just didn't. (snaps fingers)

4. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    SR, I know you order the Gardenburger Value Meal complete with a Diet Coke so I know you haven't gained any lbs.

5. Lord-Maximus

Lord-Maximus Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    Re: Questions

DM - yes, according to Rebelscum.com, BK has another promotion lined up for mid-late Oct. to coincide with the release of the DVD (the DVD packaging and covers are already on one of the boards if you want to see them). I don't remember the specifics of what the toys will be (i.e. more of all the trilogy or just Ep. III).

JR - I told SR about the Cele III variant. According to Rebelscum (and eBay research), there were 50,000 of the Vader's produced. Of those 50,000, there is two variants - one has the fire stickers as being rounded as half circle stickers and the other has the sticker line adhereing to the flames and following them around the packaging. According to the auctions on eBay, the rarer version is the one where the sticker lines follow the flames and only the first 10,000 figs were produced this way before hasbro changed it up for some reason (maybe they found that the stickers were more prone to peeling?). So I looked into eBay auctions and indeed, the "rarer" flame-cut sticker Vaders age going from $60-100 bucks whereas the rounded flame stiker Vaders are going for $30-50 or the same price range as the Target Lava Vader.

Hope that helps.
    -LM

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I guess I'm going to have to check all of my figs now. MAN!

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Good research LM. I'm now glad we stood in line on the first day, it makes it a little better I guess. I think I'm almost over my line anger.

Oh I got some cool posters from my good friend at work.

and what Garden Burger Value Meal? Never heard of it. I get the double whopper with extra cheese and king size with a diet coke. Then I use my coupons for the free shake and jr cheeseburger.

8. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    Why SR, why hold back? Don't forget to wolf down the cheesecake and I will be sure to check your cholesterol when I see you next. Thank God you are showing restraint with the Diet Coke.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I thought a diet coke would counter balance the rest of the meal. Are you saying it doesn't? Actually I am very tempted into going to BK today, but I think I will pass because I don't need to spend the money on empty calories and blah blah blah blah.

10. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey JR, I'll take the R2 and Chewie if you still have them. :)
    The BK I've been going to *apparently* has a box of the first wave of toys, I'm gonna go there tomorrow to see if they've opened it yet...still need that Millennium Falcon.

SR--I'll give you my Frosted Flakes on Sunday. I'm relieved I won't have to endure eating them for weeks. :)

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    DM, I got an Obi-Wan for you if you'd like it.

ES, if your BK still has Wickett, can you pick one up for me?

I will be making my weekly trek to BK in a little bit. Any one need anything before I leave?

OMG! Did anyone see the Spudtrooper? He's so cute! I MUST HAVE ONE!

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    So I went to BK and finished off my collection (and JR's also). I also picked up an extra Tarful, Boga, Clone Trooper and R2 for my padawan. Man, what am I going to do for my weekly exercise now?

13. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Did you still want a Wickett? I'm going to go to BK tomorrow sometime (man, I have a lot of errands to do!), and will call you before I go to see. Or just call me, whatever works. :)

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yes, if you can get me a Wickett I would be very grateful. Thanks.

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Can you believe this, I cancelled many of the things that I had on back order at EE and SWS.com. I just decided that I really don't need them.

16. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    What? Are you feeling okay? Is it becuase the hot chick doesn't work at EE anymore?

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    It just hasn't been the same since Serena left last year. :_|

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Man, I think SR needs help. I can't believe he cancelled an order. Usually they cancel it for him.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    R'n xibrmt rnhrwv yfg rg szw gl yv wlmv R qfhg wlm'g szev illn, li nlmvb uli rg.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    R uvvo blfi kzrm zmw fmwvihgzmw. R zohl szev szw gl nzpv hzxirurxvh.

21. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    DH, thank you for the Obi offer but I have just (amazingly) completed my collection. Thanks for the back up-you're a pal.

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Not a problem, DM. I can open it now and check out the pictures.

Okay, did anyone else get the invitation to join the Master Replicas Society? I am considering it though I rarely purchase their products. I'm curious to hear who else is thinking of taking the plunge.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I got the invitation, and I think I will pass.

24. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I also got the invite, but since the things Master Replicas sells aren't really my thing, I didn't take them up on it. Now if they want to design Padme's blaster, I'd have to rethink my position. [face_praying] :)

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    It almost seems worth it. I won't be able to partake in the festivities at Comic-Con though and since they won't let the guest go without the member it doesn't seem worth joining for that reason. I just remember hearing from JB that the MR party rocked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.