main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA All Collecting, All the Time!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    You do have one of the best collections of GG busts, Skyryder. After seeing your dewback I sort of want to get one myself now.

Oh, one thing I did recently get, though I'm not sure if I posted this information or not, is the new 2005 Jamboree patches put out by the Marin County BSA Jamboree troop. They feature Yoda holding a lightsaber in his fighting stance. They are really cool and come in three different colored borders, red, green and blue. There is also a silver bordered one for Eagle Scouts and a gold bordered one for major contributors ($500 and up). The Scoutmaster told me that they will be giving one of those to GL himself. They are nice though. Maybe I'll bring some with me to show at Santa Anita.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'd like to see a photo of this patch. I wonder if the green red and blue has to do with spoiler info?

3. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    TRU was doing a sale on Galatic Heros so I picked up a few. I said I would never buy any, but if they are going to be on sale then how can I say no?

4. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    This is terrible news. I went to EE this morning, and Serena was not there. They said she had taken another job someplace. I felt so hurt. She didn't even say good bye after all we have been through. The years of calling me at work telling me my latest case of figures were in, me pulling up in the drive and her already having my stuff ready for pick up. Then there was our conversations at Comic Con. Oh the memories. The only bright side, her replacement, not too shabby, can't wait to pick up my next order, which is my last order from them. I have nothing left on backorder but the latest Unleashed figures.

On another collecting note, K-Mart sucks big on their pricing. I went into the one next to EE there on Sherman Way. It is a very nice store which is surprizing for the area of town but very nice and they do have ok pricing on things I could care less about like fabric softener, however, their pricing on toys and Star Wars figures is a crime! I have been looking for the Clone Wars General Grievous for a while now without having any luck. Most stores have just the Anakin figure when I get there. They are about $6 at most places which I think is high already. K-Mart was selling them for $7.49! And guess who was warming the pegs? GG himself along with the Arc Trooper and of coarse Anakin. There were about 20 of them. I got them, but I was mad as heck for having to pay that much. They also had the Anakin Starfighter too for $30 but I passed on that for today also there were all the Galatic Heros line. So just a bit of infor for you collectors if ever you are needing something K-Mart usually has it, but you are going to be raped in the process. So just be ready.

5. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I was shocked with the high prices of the new figures too Skyryder. It's hard to justify these things as it is to the wife.

I just got the three new Unleashed figures, Aurra Sing, IG-88 and Stormtrooper. All are really cool. I also got the Battlefront Scout Trooper (he has a big gun), and another ROTS T-shirt. I ordered these things back in October.. they finally came in.

EDIT: OMG.. I HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay, no one laugh but I just bought a Vader baseball jersey off ebay. I thought they were the coolest things and after seeing Steve Sansweet sporting one at Comic-Con, I felt I had to have one. The big hinderence was the price. Well, by the time I finally got over that obstacle, they took them off the Star Wars store so ebay was my only hope. My biggest concern was the size. I love wearing XL tee-shirts but thought this probably runs slightly larger so I bought a Large instead. I hope it's still roomy.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay, since my padawan and I are off this week, we went to Toys R Us. I picked up the following Galactic Heroes (they are so cute!):

Boba Fett and Dengar
    4-Lom and Bossk
    Zuckuss and IG-88
    Padme Amidala and Anakin
    Han and Leia

They are having some sort of deal where if you spend $19.99 or more on Galactic Heroes merchandise you get a set of figs ($5.99 value) free.

My padawan got the new Lego Anakin's Starfighter and droid ship. I want to go back to pick up the tie with the light up Vader.

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I too noticed that sale and picked up a bunch of GH. I opened mine because the packaging is really easy to work with. I think I'm going to set up my little army here at work on the desk. I had legos for a long time but have need something new.

9. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    NOOOOO! Leave the LEGO sets. You can always change them to make other stuff!! You'll just want to put them back when the LEGO Star Wars cartoon comes out!

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Well, I did not listen to CBM and bought a Lego Tie. Vader's lightsaber lights up when you push down on his head. I love him. I wanted to buy more GHs but passed this time. I did pick up a blue Clone Trooper. Is it me or are the new Clone Wars Figs repackaged old Clone Wars Figs? I don't remember.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I know that the Anakin Grievous and ARC Trooper are new, but the Clone Troopers are probably the same with just different colors.

12. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    If anyone is interested in getting the Darth Tater figure, Entertainment Earth has 'em in stock. And you can save on shipping and go pick the little guy(s) up.

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I have to see if I can cancel my order before I go with EE. Plus it's so darned hard to get out there for me.

I did receive my Vader baseball jersey and it fits wonderfully! I was wearing it for part of the day yesterday. I want to wear my ROTS shirt underneath like Steve Sansweet did at Comic-Con.

I also got an AWESOME GG Stormtrooper Deluxe Collectible bust which none of my family members wanted to buy me (they said something about being embarrassed about making such a purchase :mad: ) Any way, it's really cool. :cool:

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I got my Unleashed figures yesterday. I offically have nothing left on backorder from EE. I think I will keep it that way. JR, do you open your Unleashed? I do and last night it took me 30 minutes to get the Sing figure's stand right.

15. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I don't usually open my Unleashed or pretty much anything else for that matter. I did open an Aayla Secura and Darth Maul unleashed though. I like those figs.

I hear there will be an announcement next week as to when the Toys R Us "Midnight Madness" thing will be happening.

16. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    This for SR and any other fortunates owning an apple ipod: Now i gotta get mine!!!

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=1838;category_id[face_talk_hand]pcid1[face_talk_hand]pcid2=

17. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I want an Ipod just so I can put that on!

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay. I'm going to bite the bullet and buy an ipod now. OH MY GOSH!

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks for the heads up SJ, I just purchased my cover!

20. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm so jealous of you Skyryder!! Argghhh!!

You think they'll let me in the 501st if I get this?

21. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    "light will shine thru the eyes!"

Don't bother JR...

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    You would be styling in your tape mask JR.

23. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I have to write in to ask if he has the full set of armor . . .

Wow, prompt reply!

"A full set of armor was created...however it was destroyed due to the fact that anyone wearing it was rendered invulnerable. If that kind of power was to get out..who knows what would happen.! ill email you the full armor pic."

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I want to get an iPod but I can't really see myself spending that kind of money. I like the armor though.

25. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    AWESOME!!!!
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/album94/trooper.jpg]

'tis a shame this armor no longer exist!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.