main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA All Collecting, All the Time!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    That is HILARIOUS CBM!! Too bad I can't get the full armor as well..

On a different note: Is DB ahead of his time!??

Darth Bubba (Royal Guard) ONE YEAR AGO:
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/album12/Best_Grp.jpg]

New Royal Guard (Episode III) figure:
    Click Here.. Maybe a Spoiler

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I noticed that myself JR.

3. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Sniff...another spoiler I wasn't expecting; I hate to have to think I'm gonna start needing to avoid my fave board. :_|

4. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Woops.. sorry JB. I didn't think that it was a spoiler. I fixed it. Again, I apologize.

5. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    though the costume looks "cool", i don't think it's much of a spoiler since they pretty much wear the long red robes and they're covered anyways. That look came out in the Crimson Guard comics a few years ago...it gave the royal guards more of a ruff look versus the tame, "ooh, im wearing a long red robe and a big helmet" and nothing underneath.....oh wait now that got me thinking, Bubba, you DO wear something under your costume right? ;) :D j/k

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I am sure D-B follows what all good Scots (yes, I know he's not Scottish) do, he goes regimental.

7. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I just bought the new Episode III Theatrical poster!! Yay me!

8. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    When I wear my Royal Guard costume, I wear lots underneath. Usually Under-Armor. Best for keeping cool. Its like Spandex, but keeps you cool, by absorbing sweat.

When I wear my kilt, to a non-drinking function, I wear authentic. NOTHING UNDERNEATH. Of course, I have never worn the kilt to a non-drinking function.

By The way, I was an extra in a movie Saturday. Wore the kilt, and all. Click here for link to photos:

Bubba's latest movie
    Click here to see me dead, sword fighting, and in cool Kilt mode.

9. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    I just read the apparent spoiler post...

First of all, its not a spoiler. Not at all. So, everyone settle down.

Secondly, wholly crap, that is so friggin awesome, totally cool. I was WAY ahead of my time.

I am happy now. Mrs. D-B got me the boots, and they look exactly like the figures does. To celebrate the coolness, I will drink a scotch.

10. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Thanks JR.

DB the way it was originally was spoilerish if you didn't know (obviously :p) and I didn't know. I'm trying not to know ANYTHING. So even costumes are out!

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I got the poster too JR.

DB, I like the picture with everyone playing dead and you laying there with your head proped up.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I bought my poster also. I want so much to buy the iPod cover but I can't justify the expense, especially since I've got this trip coming up.

13. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    yea, that was in between takes. I did follow directions well.

I am getting the poster and coffee mug. Remember guys, you can't buy everything.

14. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    These are absolutely magnificent:

sculpted posters

They are three-dimensional, sculpted in resin.

According to the e-mail I got, they are $79 each, but are being sold as a set. If you are a Code 3 guild member you get a one week "window of opportunity," then they are going on sale to the general public. If anybody wants a set before they go on sale, I can order them through my membership, if you don't have one yourself.

They are being released a month at a time, i.e., ANH comes out in June, ESB in July, ROTJ in August.

Too bad I'm not an OT collector...

15. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah VK.. I got the email about those too.. they look really cool!! I thought they were poster sized, but they're 8"x10.5". Still.. I think they would look really good on the walls of my Star Wars room.. now I only have to convice my wife.

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I can't take anymore stuff to buy. I'm double broke. I just have to think that in the next few years there won't be anything else for me to collect and I can regain financial independence.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    If it helps, I'm triple broke. Man! I want to buy so much more but I just can't. If you guys see my padawan and I standing at a corner begging for money it's to offset my collecting expenses.

18. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    If it helps, I'm triple broke. Man! I want to buy so much more but I just can't. If you guys see my padawan and I standing at a corner begging for money it's to offset my collecting expenses.

Just dip into his college fund.

A little taken out wont hurt. He can buy used books. :)

19. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Whoa! (in typical Keeanu Reeves voice) Check out this awesome poster from Hasbro...I've always loved when they did these showing all the figures together.....
    WARNING: Possible spoilers of certain characters abound. See at own risk!!!!!

I must say that the figures have come a loooooooooooong way since the 70s. They look so incredible today!!!

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/story/Now_Thats_A_Gatefold_90236.asp

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Very cool! Well, I guess my padawan will have to get used to used books, patched up clothes, and meat once a week.

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I ordered my Poster sculpture of A New Hope today from EE. Should get it in June.

That was a great picture SJ thanks for posting. I love the Anakin figure in front.

22. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    I was at Target yesterday by Santa Monica and La Brea, How come vehicles from EpIII are out already? I thought the toys come out a certain date.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Sometimes, my collecting padawan, stores like Target will receive the items and go ahead and put them on the shelves before time. I saw Target putting out the GG vehicle too. The Anakin Starfighter is a preview item and it should be out, but as for the other items consider yourself lucky. I doubt we will see any basic figures until 4/2. People will tell of their finds on Rebelscum.com and I know that they are finding them but I know I won't be that lucky to find them early.

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Is midnight madness going to be 4/2? I better start saving some money!

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Just charge it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.