main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All CVII related news here!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JawaJaka, Jul 28, 2013.

1. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Countdown Clock:
    http://eventcountdown.com/web-count...undefined_n_Star Wars Celebration VII Anaheim

I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible. Please do not start another thread on items relating to CVII at this time (we might need to later).

Official Announcement at CEII:
    SW Celebration 7
    April 16-19, 2015
    Anaheim Convention Center
    Tickets go on sale Monday August 7th (in nine days)

It's the same place as CIV. I will have the droid/bin/weapon transport ready way before then. This time I'll be taking the 5x8 trailer hitched to the Durango. It's a two day drive to Anaheim or a very quick plane ride, so for those with a short vacation window this is a perfect Celebration to go to. I am asking for a couple volunteers/traveling companions to help me drive with the trailer (I'm no good backing up) and share hotel room expenses with. With the trailer there will be plenty more room to haul stuff.

I've already started planning, how about you??!!
    (lynelle)

nnaydolem likes this.
  2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Huh.

I'm slightly confused. I thought that CIV had been at the LA convention center, not Anaheim. Am I remembering wrong? They're not the same place, are they? IIRC they aren't that far apart geographically, but I thought they were different.

Historically, the LA convention center has been a crappy place for conventions of any decent size, given the dearth of hotel space, evening eating, etc. But my experience is >10yrs ago, so maybe that has changed. Anaheim... I've been to that convention center, but I don't remember many details about it or the area.

3. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Yes, you're right, as I was reminded by some other R2 builders. My bad. SoCal looks like one big city to me, so I get a little confused sometimes (am I the only one who didn't mind the LA CC? I actually liked it). The Anaheim Center is within walking distance of Disney, with several campgrounds and hotels in the area. It truly is in the heart of "the happiest place on earth". And, yes, it can accomodate everyone. Of course, when Disney took over LFL I kinda had the deepest feeling it was Disneyland or Disneyworld (Anaheim or Orlando), even though Kansas City and Indianapolis was on the short list. I suspect every Celebration will now jump between the two Disney's every time there's a new movie out. Denver will always be left off the list for some unfanthomable reason.

I suspect very little news will come out this year, so what little I do hear/read, I'll post here. The dates are rumored to coincide with the next movie opening (I really don't think they'll show it at the convention itself, but you can bet all your credits they'll have previews). Already the droid builders are jumping on this to make the droid room the most spectacular it's ever been. 501st has already set up a FB event page with almost 200 accepting the invite. And the news is flying all over social media. Star Wars Geeks, unite!!!

nnaydolem likes this.
  4. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I'll be there.

5. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    oh yeah...so i have been doing some research. I don't know if many of you have Marriott rewards, IF you do, with all the nights at Starfest, you might have some time saved up. I am looking into things...there is a marriott & a courtyard very close to the convention center

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    It is the one by Disney! I am so excited about this...and just think the humidity won't be HORRIBLE!!!!

catz44 likes this.
  7. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    OK, in my haste and excitement I found another mistake in my original post. Aug 7th is a Wednesday, not Monday.

I'm holding off on hotels until I find out what the official 501st or R2 BC hotel will be. Hotels won't take your reservation anyway until slightlty less than a year out. I'm also holding off on getting a con pass until I hear what the droid room exhibitor passes will be like this time.

We've got 625 days until the event. Is there a way to put a countdown ticker on the first post or on the homepage somewhere?

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I am already thinking about costumes and what i have to do to get into the costume i wanna do...

9. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    This was in the press release from CEII (emphasis mine):

At the closing ceremonies, Lucasfilm announced that its next fan fest – Star Wars Celebration VII – will be timed to the theatrical release of Episode VII, and will be held in Anaheim, California from April 16-18, 2015.

Looks like we have a release date for Episode VII!!

nnaydolem likes this.
  10. Luxo Jedi

Luxo Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2013
    Can anyone enlighten me about the cost for the 3 day pass ?

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    usually they are around 100-120 for basic one.

Luxo Jedi likes this.
  12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

IF they do like they did in 2005, CIII was a month before ROTS....so that works. ;)

13. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Are we in contact w/ the fan club there - non 501st/RL (unless they are all together)?... If they had a table I'd love to help out (it was great helping at DCC.. This is far enough in advance I'm def going!

14. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Usually the Fan Force has a table. I believe we are affiliated with them. Check their website for any table info. All table sign-ups for all groups will probably be beginning of next year sometime (usually 3-4 months out). SoCal has one of the largest 501st garrisons, so that group will be in full force.

R2 poodle skirt will be packed! Along with a new SW themed carhop outfit I'll debut this Halloween (if I get the day off for Hauntings at Hangar).

nnaydolem likes this.
  15. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Of course we're affiliated with them. These are the FanForce forums after all. ;)

I can all but guarantee FanForce will have it's own table. We do it at every Celebration, and it's always manned by people from these boards.

16. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I took a couple shifts at the JCC/FF table at C5 and had a great time doing it. I highly recommend it as it's low pressure and a fun way to introduce fans to a larger community, i.e. the boards.

nnaydolem likes this.
  17. Luxo Jedi

Luxo Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2013
    Thanks for the info on ticket pricing....on the same wavelength, Is there any need or necessity to purchase any kind of VIP pass ???

18. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    I've put a link to the countdown clock on the first post. A year and a half, or eighteen months, or 624 days/13 hours/38 min/46 sec. I had to make a promise to my boss not to talk about it everyday, but at least he's given his blessing and approval for me to go! (unlike the fight I had last time)

FanForced and nnaydolem like this.
  19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  20. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    There are some advantages to a VIP pass, like a special snazzy pass/lanyard, shorter VIP only lines, and depends on which level you get, usually a guaranteed seat in the Main Events (you might have to pay extra for that, though). The different VIP levels and pass prices will be on starting August 7th (when tickets go on sale):

www.starwarscelebration.com

And while you're on the website don't forget to sign up for the newsletter to get all the latest info.

21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    My VIP badge was knowing who had gotten in line for that event and then "bumping" into them so we all got to sit together. Worked well for Mark Hamill, Kevin Smith, and several other panels... :D

Word to the wise, the odds of getting a VIP badge are much, much worse than successfully navigating through an asteroid field.

Luxo Jedi likes this.
  22. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    The Marriott or Hilton seem to be the places to stay if you want to be 'right there'. I wonder how early we can book hotels?

23. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I think most hotels only do 1 year in advance. I wonder what hotels might have the con rate

24. Luxo Jedi

Luxo Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2013
    My plan... Book a room one year out, then check within my 7 month window to stay at Disneyland using my vacation club points. If nothing is available I can fall back on my original room. Now to just get my passes next week and begin my wait !

nnaydolem likes this.
  25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I looked on monday...they aren't available yet...trust me i am keeping an eye out on it...i wanna use my 'free room' and late check out options ;)

catz44 likes this.