main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All Deleted Scenes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DarthDiabolous, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDiabolous

DarthDiabolous Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2006
    The only deleted scene Ive ever seen of star wars in from rots when grievous kills shaak tii...

so i was wondering, where can I watch every single deleted scene from the entire saga? Im talkin episodes 1-6 tpm, aotc, rots, anh, esb, and rotj...

please post them in order too...

(if you can find them)

2. HothTrooper

HothTrooper Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2001
    Very few deleted scenes from the original trilogy have been officially released. As for the prequel trilogy, you won't find anyone linking to bootlegs of those on here. If you want to see those, I'd suggest buying or renting the prequel DVDs.

3. DarthDiabolous

DarthDiabolous Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2006
    you mean people dont have it on youtube or a different site or anything?

4. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Usually not for long, anyway..

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    starwarz.com has descriptions and footage of alot of the OT deleted scenes.

6. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Although they don't have videos of them, Wookiepedia has a pretty thorough list of them, as far as I can tell:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Scenes_cut_from_Star_Wars

Of course, that's not the video you were looking for, but if you hunt around, you can find snippets here and there. (Check out this video full of deleted snippets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-3DGJDRuQM )

My favorite deleted scene in all of SW is in ANH. Before Luke buys R2 and 3PO, he witnesses the Empire vs. Rebel Blockade Runner attack from the ground and he excitedly runs to Anchorhead to tell his buddies about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zkvkgwMW0w

Two scenes from the PT that were shot but not, apparently, completed but sound really cool are from AOTC and ROTS. In AOTC, Ki-Adi Mundi attempts to disable the droids on Geonosis from the droid control ship (like Anakin did in TPM), but finds that they've given the droids standalone computing units. And in ROTS, the clones try to kill Obi-Wan and Yoda by dressing up like Jedi.

Cool stuff!

7. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008

The clones that are dressed up as jedi are enemies/playable characters in lego star wars.

8. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    check this out:

http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/index.php?categoryid=8

as far as I know it is the most complete available list with descriptions and pics of all deleted sw scenes

9. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    You're right, that's definitely "complete"!

I have no idea why, but deleted scenes are just the coolest things in the world to me, even when they suck (which they often do). More than any dissertations on the movie, more than making-of videos, more self-congratulatory documentaries about a movie's popularity....I love deleted scenes (and with SW, it's enhanced ten-fold). If anybody else feels the same way, can you explain why?

10. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Yeah, deleted scenes are cool. That's one reason I really like the bonus features of the PT; each movies comes with some deleted scenes.

11. ILuvJarJar

Oct 19, 2008
    All of the ESB wampa deleted scenes were so cool.

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Where can they be accessed?

13. ILuvJarJar

Oct 19, 2008
    The Wampa deleted scenes???

14. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
  15. ILuvJarJar

Oct 19, 2008
    They were never filmed, they were written in the sripts. Lucas cut the scenes because wampa suit was deemed too silly.

I think you can read the full wampa scene/Script at tbon's website, thats where I read it.

16. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    A brief shot of 3PO taking down the sign from the wampa area can be seen in one of the OT DVD special features.

17. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    One of the trailers for ESB shows C3PO tearing down the sticker. I don't know that much more than that was filmed, but that's proof GL was planning on filming that segment, originaly.

18. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    If my memory is serving me right, the deleted scenes from Attack of the Clones are actually very interesting. In particular there are several featuring Padme and Anakin visiting her family. It was some solid character development for the film and in my opinion would have worked well with the love story plot. The film would be stronger with these scenes.

-Seldon

19. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    I believe the one you refer to is on the DVD as a bonus feature.

20. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Galactic-Voyage.com has the deleted scenes from the prequel trilogy, and also a few from the OT.

Hope that helped :).

21. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    The scenes in question really help ROTS in that you get to know the Naberries before seeing them at the funeral.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.