main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All-European FanForce meeting 12th - 14th of July!!!

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Obi Anne , Aug 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    wooo someone appriciates my unofficial city rep work ;) :p

2. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Have to ask again. Last news weren't very good as far as we were concerned though :(

3. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    I think sometime soon we need to start to arrange about what time we are meeting and what exactly we are going to do :)

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Me and emilsson arrive at Stansted on Friday evening, at 17.00, we leave on Monday.

How many do you think are coming from the UK?

5. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    well got a girl from Canada who looks like she will probably come along :D

ermm other than that 5 that I'd say are definates and some more maybes.

I was thinking about meeting up at maybe about 1pm on the saturday? gives time for people to get into London. Though I personally get in on friday afternoon so if you guys want to go out then also I will be up for that. Then go see AOTC in maybe leceister square??

these are just suggestions as I am left in charge of organising everything.....men! pah! lol ;)

6. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I'd say that that sounds fine! Is it necessary to pre-book the tickets for AOTC? Another thing how much does a ticket cost, aproximately? I need to start planning my budget.

If you are in London on Friday, me and emilsson would probably love to meet up when we arrive. :)

7. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    Unfortunatly in the west end of London your looking at £10 for a ticket for the movies. (The further outside London you get the cheaper it will get)

As for friday I get in London at about 2pm so when you want to meet up in the evening just let me know, as I believe from Stansted takes about 40 mins to get into London and then to get where you are staying at least 30 mins as it will be rush hour also.

8. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Yeah, and we have to find the place too.

9. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    is this the one I gave the link to before?? if so I shall try to find the directions and a map for you tomorrow morning (college has its advantages ;) )

10. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    Right from Liverpool street station you need to take the central line (coloured red on map) to Queensway. This could be a longer route but is the easiest. Can find a map at [image=http://www.thetube.com/content/tubemap/images/tube_map.jpg]
    At London Underground they have prices and can find directions on the underground system there.

The hotel has a map of where they are from the train station Hotel Map

I can give you my mobile number for then incase you get lost and to meet as my mum does not live far from from Liverpool street station anyway.

11. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    Thanks LadyVader. If you want I could PM you my mobile phone number also. That way we could make contact easier if needed.

I have travelled by the London underground and there shouldn't be a problem. But anything can happen so it's good to know we'll get help if we need it :).

12. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    ok a small problem I just checked the cinemas for times of showings for AOTC but its saying it is only going to be shown up until two weeks before :(

If it's not shown is there anything else that you would like to do like another movie or bowling?

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I don't know, it doesn't matter that much, as long as we are doing it together.

14. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    ok I'll have a look around for things :)

15. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I´m the ´girl from Canada´ currently in Granada, Spain. I´ll be flying into Stansted on the night of July 11th, but my uncle will be picking me up from there since I´m mainly in England to see family. He´s in Ilford, can someone tell me how I would go about getting to London from there (though hopefully I will talk to or meet LadyVader somewhere along the way).

I´m really looking forward to meeting all of you :) I have seen AOTC twice in Spanish and it was quite funny...also, I was in Sevilla a few days ago and had the opportunity to spend a few hours on Naboo, which was out of this world! (haha!)

16. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    cool I love Spain it is a beautiful country.

I'll go now look for the travel directions for you :)

remember I need to arrange with you about meeting up on the saturday as we'll probably meet Obi-Ann and Emilisson also before the rest of the people in waterloo just as it seems easier so you guys wont get lost :D

17. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    right ok found from Ilford station can get a train directly into London Liverpool street station, train journey is only about 15 mins (I got this from Trainline.com ). The trains run something like every 10 mins and will be very easy to get a ticket for.
    I can meet you at liverpool street station (as long as I find the right platform) as it is only about 3 subway stops from mine :)

18. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    After some problems last Friday with finding people for the Swedish FF meeting, I suggest that we really have a clear cut decision on where we are supposed to meet each other, and I guess since we don't have a clue what it looks like, you have to find a good and easy place, LV. :)

19. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    lol

well what I was thinking is that on the saturday depending on the time meetup with yous then meetup with the UK fan force.

If you and Emilison can make your way to Farringon station we could meet there before meeting Lelila. The route is fairly simple on the map I posted above, if you go to bayswater staion and take the yellow line to Farringdon, you think that would be ok?

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Ok, but where on the station? I guess we wont be alone.

21. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    ok just follow the way out signs you'll come to the top where there are barriers to get out. Then to your left hand side there are some ticket machines just there. It's not very big that area so not so bad :)

22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I can't believe it's so soon that I'm going to London to see you all!!! Called the hostel today just to check that everything was alright, and it was!

23. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    :( awwwwwwww

Don't forget to take pics :)

24. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    awww .....don't worry I shall have my camera with me (though could be used to hit a couple of people with :p

shall we say still having trouble with people adjusting to my position [face_plain] )

25. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    What time shall we meet at Farringdon station? I need to know because a French friend is also coming and she needs details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.