main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga All Fades When The Light Goes Out (RotS Heavy Spoilers, Viggie, Padme)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_NightOwlie, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_NightOwlie

Jedi_NightOwlie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2000
    Title: All Fades When the Light Goes Out
    Summary: Padme tells Obi-Wan not to give up on Anakin. Based on Revenge of the Sith Spoilers.
    Category: Canon, Prequel, RotS.
    Notes: RotS Spoilers, Character Death. Vignette.
    Author: Jedi_NightOwlie aka. Sara_Kenobi

She looked so pale. Nothing like that raven haired beauty that I had greeted in the Senatorial Apartment three years ago today, and who so easily captured the heart of my apprentice with a mere smile to her lips, and a light beaming in thick brown eyes that shone of the Force itself within their depths. When I first met her when she was a child, I was amazed that she had not been sent to the Temple for training upon her birth. The Force burned brightly in this young one. And now I felt it slowly leave the room as her life Force dies away before my eyes.

Anakin attacked her. And for nothing. This gentle hearted girl who had done only one thing wrong in my eyes. She had fallen in love with a man not intended for a happily ever after ending. Anakin's destiny had taken a path far different from I could not even seen coming. But it should not have strayed further than from her. Padme had been his saviour. The one thing keeping him toward the Light. And now that light was going out forever with her death. Anakin lay dying with her before me now. All that was left of the boy I knew anyway. And I was powerless to save either of them.

"Take this."

She is alert now. Awake from the strange waking sleep that Padme had been in since after the twins arrival. Off in a place where she was sitting on green lush lawns by a waterfall, laughing at something Anakin had said, and falling in love all again. The image has danced before my wary eyes many times now, and I'm forced to smile through my tears. I look toward the baby girl that is laying beside Padme in her medical dome crib next to her mother's bed, and I try to project the image into that tiny untrained mind so at least one of the children will know their mother laughed once. I feel that at least one should know her. I somehow feel that is very important. Even in the Darkest times the Force still chooses to speak to me. Why couldn't it have told me that may sneaking onto her Ship would have resulted in this. The complete loss of my apprentice, and the death of the only person that had a hope in hell of saving him.

I open my hand to see a small Tatooine styled necklace. It was so small, she likely wore it as a child. "You want me to give this to her?" Those once lovely eyes roll back, and I think that this is it. She's gone. But they open again after a long fight within herself to hold on, and she answers me: "I want you to keep it."

"What?"

It burns in my hand now. Spoiled by my touch. I look at it as if it would kill me at any moment. "You surely wish for Leia to have it! I'll see that Bail gives it to her when she's older. I promise you, my lady." I vow softly.

"It was Anakin's. It was his first gift to me. It was a gift for luck----and I want you Obi-Wan Kenobi to keep it. Hold onto it and know that not all-----is lost. Even in the darkest times there's hope."

I no longer believe that now or anything like it. I never will again.

"There's still good in him. I can feel it."

And then with one last motion her eyes rest on her daughter's face, and beside Leia there's Luke. Padme then smiles, and the last light fades.

2. Jedi_NightOwlie

May 8, 2000
    This is likely my very first fic with this handle. I don't remember using it before for this. I hope you like it. :)

3. Jedi_NightOwlie

May 8, 2000
    I'm thinking of writing something else a little longer. But I'm going to wait likely until I have a couple of stories finished first.

4. Jedi_NightOwlie

May 8, 2000
  5. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I really enjoyed this viggie. Nicely done. :)

Here's hoping you get more reviews. ;)

JD.

6. Jedi_NightOwlie

May 8, 2000
  7. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Really powerful vignette. :(

You've done that scene a great service. Bravo!

8. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Very nicely written and sad, but sweet. The way Padme knows that there is still good left in Anakin and that she give him the necklace was also a nice touch. I liked how you explained how Leia had memories of her mother- it was Obi Wan chanelling them. And the way you end it, with that simple sentence was also good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.