main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Fallout

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I also expect Boston/The Commonwealth and all manner of creepy Institute stuff.

2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Fallout 4 trailer is here!

Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  3. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Fallout is my favorite game series ever, yet somehow this trailer was rather disappointing. The panning out to Inkspots music was already used in Fallout 1 and 3. They also seem to be going the Vault Dweller with a dog as the standard Player Character. Even the box art looks really similar to Fallout 3's. It all seems very derivative. Hopefully once they start showing more footage at E3, the game will look less samey.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I didn't find the switching between post and pre nuclear aftermath and voiced protagonist to be samey. The game looks absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait.

5. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    True, the voiced protagonist in a Fallout game is new. It's not what I want in a Fallout Game though. Really kils the immersion IMO. Unless they are trying to make a cinematic game like a Bioware title, I find the voiced PC unnecessary and problematic. All of those awesome quest and story mods for Fallout and Skyrim would not be possible if the protagonist is voiced. They also better allow a female Player option. I will be pretty pissed if they don't allow an option that has been part of the series since Fallout 1.

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Seeing as we already know that this trailer was worked on by an outside CGI development house I wouldn't take it to be indicative of anything about the game's final look. I've no beefs with voiced protagonists as long as we've got several voice and gender options which it seems like Bethesda would try to deliver on.

Could be fun, certainly not going to be preordering it today though you silly Bethesda website.

7. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Come on Ramza admit you had the biggest sigh of relief it was an MMO. You don't need to show us your gameface.

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'll admit the relief was palpable, yes.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am excited do you know why

Fenway park.

Also pre war gameplay.

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    My completely random guess is that any prewar stuff will be limited to the introduction. We explore a small town, meet our family and some neighbors then we hear about the bombs dropping and it's a race to the Vault. You are (naturally) the last person in as the big door shuts then the game fast forwards a few hundred years and you get to create a character to act as the intro-character's decedent who returns to that small town for McGuffin reasons.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

This I can except I hope they have a female protagonist voice actor

12. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, at first glance, the game seems to be running on a modified Skyrim engine, which was basically a modified Fallout 3 engine. Which really means that Bethesda is being a bit lazy? I don't mind Dogmeat v. 4.0(?) because who doesn't mind having a pooch like that hanging around. Hoefully he'll be as good a companion as his predecessors.

Has the voiced Vault-Dweller been confirmed? Otherwise, I wouldn't put much stock yet just for that one line to the dog. Even if he/she is, I don't think it's a deal breaker. TBH, Mass Effect spoiled me to the fact that I can't stand playing a mute ***hole in an RPG anymore.

13. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    Hopefully, the Vault Dweller character only speaks in the trailer and not the actual game. Normally, I wouldn't mind the voice too much, but in Elder Scrolls and Fallout I use a lot of new quest and companion mods. Making the main character voiced would make this kind of mod content impossible for the new Fallout since I'm pretty sure most mod makers don't have the money to get the specific Vault Dweller voice actor to voice dialogue for them.

14. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hopefully the game will be good

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I still don't believe that post she contradicts herself several times and the voiced protagonist was already known at the time so was Boston

and some of the other things in this post I highly doubt will happen like this

1. June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive.
    I don't see any other company other then Obsidian and Bethesda working on fallout and also that soon I don't think so.

17. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Ink Spots' music might have been done in Fallout 1 and 3 but to me it's a very Fallout kind of music. It'd be weird for a Fallout trailer to not have it. I have heard that the trailer was made using in game assets so it should look like the trailer. This is mentioned as part of Pont 2 and Point 3 in this video:

No one seems to have mentioned the bobblehead in the garage. I like bobbleheads. Bobbleheads are cool.

18. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    I was right, Fallout 4 will be out this year, barely

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Amazon's release date is always a placeholder, if you're going off that IGN article.

20. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    yeah, they do typically get pushed back. Maybe well get lucky and have it by march

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  22. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm willing to bet we'll see a 2015 release date following the demo at E3.

23. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    One of my friends is doing a Let's Play of New Vegas in the run up to Fallout 4, which is pretty good. I can link to it if anyone's interested.

I'm tempted to do a Fallout 3 series but I don't have a capture device for my consoles and my PC is a bit iffy. I do have the GotY edition for both 360 and PC if anyone would be interested in watching it. I can either struggle with my PC or buy a capture card.

I'm hoping to hear good things about Fallout 4. The setting looks great though I am hoping it'll be better populated than New Vegas and 3. I'm not looking for large populations, just something more than half a dozen or so people.

24. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Anyone else watch Bethesda's E3 presentation? November 10, 2015 release date! Lots of gameplay shown, the crafting looks AMAZING. You can build your own fully customizable settlements, your own weapons, and make your own power armor. I cannot wait!!!!

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I have never been so happy to be wrong about a release date... ever, honestly.