main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph All Five Horizons: A Pearl Jam discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Strilo , Dec 31, 2002.

1. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Yeah I've been listening on iTunes Radio. It's really good. I expected a flop.

Strilo likes this.
  2. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Pearl Jam never flop! :)

3. Bib Fartuna

Nov 4, 2012
    Bring Pearl Jam to Israel!

Why couldn't I have a high school music class this cool?!

Once!

Even Flow! (beautiful voice!)

4. Bib Fartuna

Nov 4, 2012
    Heartbreaking, yet highlighting the beauty of humanity...

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    What is this Lightning Bolt of which you speak?

Also, hi.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I am victorious on all fronts!

7. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Anyone see the band on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert? I thought they were great. Nice interview, good natured and they sounded good playing Mind Your Manners. Makes me wanna seem em in concert again soon!

8. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
  9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm excited to not be able to get tickets to see them at Wrigley Field again.

10. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
  11. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Nothing west of the rockies, so I assume it's only the first part of something longer. Ed said no more touring during baseball playoffs, so I would imagine they wouldn't regroup for a second leg until November or December.

12. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Cubman make friends with me cuz I might be getting fan club tickets to both Wrigley shows and flying out to see them... ;)

13. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I put my name into the raffle for fan club tickets for both Wrigley Field shows. I'm celebrating by listening to In Hiding from Yield!

14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Just got tickets to see Pearl Jam in St. Louis! Excited to see them for a second time, first time was in Champaign, IL during the Riot Act tour (omg 17 years ago?!) and it was amazing!

15. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    How's the new music that premiered at midnight the other night? I have yet to listen to it.

16. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014

Kind of different for them but I like it.

17. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Lots has happened since I last posted in here. I got tickets to see them in Phoenix, their first album in 7 years came out, the tour was postponed, they release a visual album version with Dolby Atmos surround sound... so awesome to see them still so amazing and relevant all these decades later. Still my favorite band ever.

That said, I LOVE Gigaton. So diverse, so interesting. Lots of great tunes. Quick Escape rocks as hard and loud as anything they've ever done. Lots of great things to say in songs like Seven O'Clock or Superblood Wolfmoon. Start to finish, I think every song is fantastic.

Luke02 likes this.
  18. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    And finally, over 2 years later, I am seated and waiting for the show to begin!

19. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    So glad to gear it!!! I thought the setlist last night was awesome! (Link https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2022/enterprise-center-st-louis-mo-1bb011a0.html)

I totally forgot I posted about my Phoenix 2020 tickets. I too wound up finally seeing them 2 years later. In May 2022, I went down to Phoenix from Portland to see them play. Was a great show, already have the bootleg and it's awesome. Here's hoping for more shows in 2023 and a less bumpy outing than 2022.

cubman987 likes this.
  20. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah last night was awesome. Especially loved getting State of Love and Trust and Breath back to back. It was my sister's first time seeing them and she's ready to go again.

21. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    They were celebrating the 30th anniversary of Singles!