main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends All For One ( AU, post-DN) 1-20 last chapter! Fate of the Duel! Story Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by magehound, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
  2. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Nice.

Kyp died?! Oh, well. I never liked him, anyway.

Luke and Akahnah were very interesting. I'm interested to see "where Jacen went wrong" and how Akhanah thinks he should be acting. (in this story he seems pretty on-target)

Noooooooo! Tenel Ka? How could you????????????? And Jacen . . . he went a little off the wall there. Calm down, sonny. One of you has to keep your head on straight.

Great post! We got J/TK! Agnsty J/TK, but J/TK nevertheless!

Janet

3. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    oooh, Janet...you are so in trouble!!!!!!!! You Don't Care That He Killed Kyppie??????????????????????????????????????????

:_| :_|

How could you say such a thing????????? bad Janet![face_shame_on_you] [face_talk_hand] [face_not_talking] :mad: [face_skull]

Not a good idea to make me mad!!!!!!!!!!

Sparky

edit: Just for the record...this chapter was amazing!!!!!!!!!!! even though I am a huge fan of Kyp I think you did a brilliant job of killing him!!!!!!!! And Tk and Jace....you know my opinion of this! It was something that TK did to get Jacen's attention! I think it was sick and inhumane but i think you'll do a good job of redeeming her!!!!!!

4. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    :_| to Kyp and more :_| to Jacen's son.

=D= But nevertheless it was a brilliant chapter. *rubs hands*
    So, when do we get more? :D

5. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    G_Anakin: Yes, it is very sad. glad I got that emotion across to you.

So..you're basically saying that I'm really good and sick and inhumane things? Thanks! :D i think..lol

6. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    *smacks head* Doh! That's right. Three billion people. See Meg? Kyp is not the center of the universe. ;)

it won't be for long Okay . . . I'm a little scared now.

7. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    hello, everyone! I'm not dead yet! i know it's been a long time, but Sparky finally lit a fire under my rear end and got me back to writing again. The next chapter is in her PM box as we speak. It was a very unique chapter for me..but i'll let it be a surprise as to why. :D

8. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    Chapter 18: Duel of the Fates

In the Hapes Consortium, in Reef Fortress, a battle raged. They had once been friends, lovers, a mother and a father. Now though, there was only Jedi and Sith. One sought to control the other, and then to control the galaxy. The other sought nothing less then justice for the son murdered before his very eyes.

Jacen Solo was a flurry of lightsaber blows, and unbridled emotion. Pain and anger caused him to attack his opponent much more viciously then he would have normally. His tortured mind screamed at him that this was wrong, that he shouldn't seek her death. But his heart had been rent in two, and all that was there to fill it was an indescribable rage. He clung to the very edges of sanity, of his loyalty to the Jedi Code, with a very shaky grasp indeed. For the only way he saw to be the victor is this duel, was to slay his foe. She who had meant more to him then his own life. And when the adrenaline rush ran off, Jacen seriously wondered if he could bring himself to do that, no matter what she had done. She was still Tenel Ka, Queen Mother of Hapes, and the mother of his daughter.

Lumiya parried every blow, her mind calm. As far as she was concerned, she had only done what was necessary to get Jacen to battle her. So she had killed the child, what of it? He would have been a pathetic Male, like his father. The man she would finally prove she was superior to when she bested him in combat. Then, perhaps, he would begin to treat her as an equal, treat her as if..she existed. The ferocity of Jacen's attacks pushed her more then she thought it would, and she wondered if she would have to kill him to beat him. She didn't want that, she wanted him with her when her Master, Darth Repose, took control of the galaxy. By her side as equal, or at her feet as slave, it didn't matter to her. But the more Jacen attacked, the more that dark place in her mind clouded her memories, leaving only hatred. Hatred for this man. This man who was now put on the defensive as she launched a counter-attack. Even though he had always treated her as insignificant, Lumiya cared deeply about this man, no matter what. He was still Jacen Solo, Jedi Knight, and father of her daughter.

~~~

Turquoise and emerald blades crashed against each other in an intricate dance, sometimes punctuated by a kick or punch. Jedi stumbled across a stair, and rolled to avoid a blow. Sith tumbled backward from a kick, only to retaliate with a Force-hurled stone from outside. The fight spread out across the audience chamber, neither foe gaining or losing ground. It seemed to drag on for hours.

Suddenly, an overwhelming surge came through the Force, giving them both pause. The living Force itself cried out in agony. Three billion lives had been lost, and a Hero had died. With blinding speed, both combatants were driven to their knees as they processed the raw emotion that was thrown at them by the gaping hole in the Force where those lives had been only moments ago.

Finally regaining their senses, Jacen and Lumiya both stood up, facing each other across an expanse of floor some 50 yards across. Lumiya's mask had taken a blow, and now half of the face of Tenel Ka underneath was exposed. Her armor was full of holes and gashes, from many, many near misses. She also knew herself to be covered in bruises underneath the armor. Regarding her foe silently, she switched her lightsaber to her left arm. For some reason she did not understand, this caused a wave of strange feelings and hidden memories to attempt to rise to the surface, but she pushed them back down. She waited for Jacen.

Jacen's body was weary and sore down to his very being. He had never fought someone so hard. The adrenaline rush was over, his mind clear of the rage that had almost consumed him. His jumpsuit was as covered in gashes as was Tenel Ka's armor, and he knew he had several bruises and cuts. One bruise was now swelling his right cheek, from where she had punched him. He could see now what must be done, and it broke his h

9. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    :mad: How dare you:_|

Great Chapter:)

10. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    :eek: *is eager to know who has won*

=D= Exellent chapter!

You know, I could read another two or threes right now. :D

11. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    I love your style in this...but I also hate it. You didn't kill someone, did you? Please no!!!!!!!! Or did Jacen cut off Tenel Ka's arm...again?

Agghhh!!!!!!!!

Okay, like I said, wonderful style.

hello, everyone! I'm not dead yet! We all have our dead moments.

She was still Tenel Ka, Queen Mother of Hapes, and the mother of his daughter./ He was still Jacen Solo, Jedi Knight, and father of her daughter. Very nice parallel! I like to see that Tenel Ka still feels something for Jacen, despite her corruption.

On that note, I'm very curious to see what happens next, and just what Tenel Ka is thinking (and you better have left them both alive, severed limbs not counting). I can't wait for more!

Great post!

Janet

12. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    And thank you very mush! :D

I'm sure everybody could after the hiatus I took. But too many pots in the oven right now to do that, so you'll have to wait until at least Wed. :D

13. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I thought I'd already reviewed this, but apparently not. Don't you dare kill either Jacen or TK! Well, you're free to considering that I've done both of these things more than once.

14. mastermeg_0228

Jan 24, 2006
    [face_devil]
    [face_devil]
    [face_devil]
    [face_devil]
    [face_devil]
    [face_skull]
    [face_skull]
    [face_skull]
    [face_skull]
    [face_skull]

*runs into thread cackling madly*

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

So who wants to know what happens next?????????????????????????????????

Trust me it'll surprise you all....and you will all HATE it!!!!!!:p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*starts singing gleefully till she sees her master chasing her with a pitch fork and lightsaber* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

"Damn him, he starves me, and tortures me, and leaves me in the dark for weeks then comes and asks me to light a lantern and place it under his behind...and when i get to close he pokes me with the pitch fork...and now he's mad when I want to have a little fun!"

Such a Hipocrite!

:p

Oh and great update!!!!!!!! But you already know that!

Gotta love me!

Sparky!

15. magehound

Jun 4, 2006

16. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    omg nooooo!!!!!

(sorry i havent replied in so long)

can't wait for more

17. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Hi, anybody here[face_thinking]

:) More?[face_praying]

18. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    sorry it's been such a long time, very long story. seems you actually have to Pay for internet service nowadays. who knew? :p i don't know when i'll be able to finish this story, but i'll try my best. for you guys, if nothing else.

19. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Please update. Plz. You've a fanclub waiting for you.

20. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    hello, everyone. i deeply apologise for my long absense. unavoidable, but still, i felt very badly for leaving the readers of this story abruptly like that.
    but now that i am back up to full speed, let me give you guys who have stuck by me an overveiw of what i want to do.

first of all, there will be only one more new entry in this story, and then a seperate songfic to go with it. then, at some point down the road..hopefully soon..i shall pick up from where i leave off in here with the second 'book', 'part', whatever ya want to call it of this story. because i adore cliffhangers endings, don't you? [face_mischief]

oh, and the last chapter should be up sometime in the next week or maybe two. a little thing i like to call "Fate of the Duel" :eek:

thanks again, everyone. :D

21. mastermeg_0228

Jan 24, 2006
    OOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Look who's back!

Now get to work on that story!

DORK!

Sparky

22. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    Chapter 19: Fate of the Duel

In the dawn light of Hapes sun, the Reef Fortress stood as a bastion of safety to the outside world. It was meant to be an oasis, a refuge from threats. No bad thing was ever supposed to enter there. But something had.

In the royal throne room, a portrait of tragedy was painted. Two figures, who had been close as lovers, were now as far away as enemies. And soon to be further apart still. One of the figures knelt, holding the other in it's arms. The flow of tears from Jacen's face matched the flow of blood that seeped from Tenel Ka's wound. The hole he had put in her chest from his lightsaber was as nothing compared to the gaping hole he felt in his soul. Tenel Ka, formerly the Dark Mistress known as Lumiya, and the mother of his child(children, he corrected himself), lay dying in his arms. And he was the one who had done this thing to her.

Taking her left arm in a sign of comfort, he was shocked to realize that what he was holding was not synthetic flesh as he had believed. This was her real arm, as if he had not severed it way back during the training accident. Questions rolled through his mind, but he discarded them due to his grief and sadness. Tenel Ka's face was a mask of silent pain, knowing her time was near and accepting it with stoic resolve.

"J..Jacen, my friend, do..do not weep for me."

Jacen looked and found Tenel Ka's eyes on him, a profound sadness in those cool grey eyes. "This is the end result of my actions. I..have brought great shame to both the Hapan throne, and the name of Jedi. I deserve no less. I am thankful that it was you that provided an end to it, and yet," and here she paused to cough up a spurt of blood, "Jacen, I am so sorry." And he knew she was talking about their son.
    Jacen said, "Hold on, there has to be a way to save you! There must be a bacta tank around here somewhere. It can't end like this!"
    "We both know that it is far too late, Jacen Solo. My time is nearly come. But I have things that must be made known to you. Remember these words, Jacen my love. From the Heart of Tragedy the Mouth of the Beast speaks Words of Comfort. Remember them well, and there shall be a small happiness in even this."
    Suddenly, her entire form was racked by spasms of pain, signalling her body's last gasp before dying. Pulling a bewildered Jacen closer, she whispered into his ear, "Thank you for..loving...m..m..mee..." And then she died.

Jacen kneeled there for a long time, his mind a complete blank slate. He was too numb with grief and horror to even move. He had killed the woman he loved. It had been his duty as a Jedi. But, slowly, a subtle voice began speaking to his mind. It spoke of the futility of being a Jedi, if he was forced to kill the one he loved. It told him that there had to have been another way, that the Jedi should have seen this coming and taken steps to prevent it. In the end, the dark voice said, weren't the Jedi to blame for this? They espoused to be champions of Good, yet what was good about this? And Jacen wasn't the only one. More lovers would be seperated like this if the Jedi were to continue unabated.
    Jacen found himself agreeing with what it was saying. Someone had to stop the deaths; things like this should never happen, should never be allowed to happen. Jacen had power. Oh yes, the voice said, Jacen had the power to make it all stop, if he would just use it. the choice was up to him. End the ineffectual threat of the Jedi now, or watch and be a part of more tragedies like this? More death?

A surge of emotions coursed through Jacen Solo. Sorrow, Grief, Anger, Despair, Fear. His mind began twisting and turning; he found it almost impossible to think clearly. He had been one of those Champions of Good, a Jedi, for so long, and this is what it got him? Better instead if the Jedi were to become extinct, so that this kind of thing could never be repeated. Never again. The Jedi were to answer for this, and he would make them pay.
    Jacen was too absorbed in his thoughts to hear the feet come up behind him. Suddenly he

23. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter:)

Can't wait for more

24. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    NOOO NOT TK DYING NOOOOO!

Now please write a sequel, since that purge line just deserves it.

25. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I second this!

:_| Poor Allana!

Wow, can't wait for more! And HIDE if you refuse to write more!!! [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.