main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends All For One ( AU, post-DN) 1-20 last chapter! Fate of the Duel! Story Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by magehound, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    Just to let you all know. I should have the next chapter either up, or at least in Sparky's hans by the end of the day. It depends on what the bunny feels like doing..nibbling, or just chowing down. :p

2. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    Chapter 13: Look Who's Coming To Dinner

Han Solo stared at the massive station in front of him. Outside the Falcon's viewports, Centerpoint Station continued to turn as it had for milenia. Han both loved and hated the place. He loved it due to his childhood fascination with it, as every boy in the Corellia system did. But he hated the sight of it, because it reminded him of what he had lost: Anakin.
    Shaking himself from those thoughts, he turned his head to find that Leia was looking at him, her soft eyes echoing the pain he was feeling in his heart. "I know, Han. I feel the same. But we have to do what we have to do." Moving toward him, Leia's lips met his in a kiss that both sent a jolt to his brain, and healing to his heart. Pulling apart, he flashed her a grin, "Thanks, sweetheart."
    Turning his head to bellow out into the ship's hold, he yelled, "CorSec! Front and Center!" Dutifully, Corran Horn entered the cockpit, followed closely by Mirax, of course. "Geez, Solo, you have an intercom aboard this tub, don't you? You nearly gave me and Mirax heart attacks!"
    Han turned from the front viewport, with a slightly smug expression, "Oh, really? And just what were you two doing that I scared you so badly?" Seeing them both flush deep crimson, Han held up his hand with a smile, "Never mind. Don't want to know. What I do want to know is, exactly how you know that the Hapans are inside Centerpoint? Because I'd really like to know before I land in there again. What with it being the Galaxy-wide landmark and all."
    "Oh, that. Well, the Rogue's contacted me while we were waiting for you in Coronet."
    "I thought we agreed that no transmission could be sent, without Thraken picking it up."
    "Oh, well, this wasn't actually a transmission. It was just a signal to let me know."
    Seeing Han and Leia's confused faces, Corran explained in more detail, "See, I thought of several key areas in-system that the Hapans would target, and worked out with one of the Rogue's, different signals that could be transmitted to verify each on. To anyone else, they wouldn't mean a damn thing."
    Leia turned toward him, eyebrow arched, "All right, I'm curious now. Just what signal was it you set for Centerpoint?"
    Corran held up his comlink, and keyed for auto-playback. A snipet of a tune came out, and both Leia and Han dropped their heads in memory and defeat.
    "The Endor celebration" Leia said.
    "Only Wes. Only him."
    Mirax looked at them all, and quoted Wes' favorite line, "Yub yub, commander!"

"Goldenrod, you stay with the ship." Han said as everyone prepared to leave. They had encountered no problems entering the Station. Not that Han had expected to. Rogue Squadron was flying in a loose, defensive perimiter around it., transponders turned off so that no one would suddenly detect 12 X-Wings gathered in-system. That was the kind of thing to make Thraken a little jumpy.
    "Begging your pardon, sir, but why must I always stay with the ship? You're taking Artoo. Do you not find me useful, Captain Solo?" the humaniod droid's voice held a plantive tone.
    Han flashed him a grin, and proceeded into one of his favorite things: taunting Threepio, "No. Besides, you walk as fast as a Hutt."
    Mara looked over from the hatchway, "Besides, you're a pretty bright target, and easy to see from far away."
    Kyp just stated, "Your gears make too much noise when you walk."
    Saba added, "And this one thinkz you do not know how to be quiet."
    Corran and Mirax both laughed, "We'll agree to that!"
    Leia actually felt sorry for the golden protocol droid, being picked on like that. He was family, as far as she was concerned, She knew Han felt the same way, "Look, Threepio, If we get into any trouble we can't handle, we'll call for you, and you can..fly the ship over to get us."
    The cold stare from Han did not go unnoticed. Just as he did not fail to notice the Smile of Death she turned his way, begging for him to overrule her. Han relented, "Ok, but none of that stuff you pulled over Xisor's Castle. I still can't believe Luke

3. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    isolder :eek:

loved when they were picking on goldenrod

great update

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Woot Isolder!

5. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Yipee! Isolder! Now we're getting somewhere. Han and Leia are so cute! I especially loved the "CorSec! Front and Center!"

Poor Threepio. I feel so bad for him.

"The Endor celebration" Leia said.
    "Only Wes. Only him."
    Mirax looked at them all, and quoted Wes' favorite line, "Yub yub, commander!"
    [face_laugh] Very nice! You played that well!

Awesome update, magehound! Can't wait for more!

6. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    frankie and Sil: yes, Isolder will have some rather shocking news to impart, trust me. [face_devil]

7. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    "No. Besides, you walk as fast as a Hutt."
    Mara looked over from the hatchway, "Besides, you're a pretty bright target, and easy to see from far away."
    Kyp just stated, "Your gears make too much noise when you walk."
    Saba added, "And this one thinkz you do not know how to be quiet."

[face_laugh]

The cold stare from Han did not go unnoticed. Just as he did not fail to notice the Smile of Death she turned his way, begging for him to overrule her.

Smile of death? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

=D= Great update. More soon? :D

8. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    Chapter 14: Secrets in the Dark

Centerpoint Station-

"Honestly, Han, don't you think you're overeacting a tad much in your old age?" Prince Isolder said, as he walked around the front of the Storm to greet all of them.
    "No, and you're just as old as I am!" Han snarled back, the old fire in his belly returning upon seeing his long time rival. Truth be told, Han actually liked Isolder, but that was one truth that wouldn't be told. "We've got about a million questions for you, bantha-breath, not the least of which concerns my son.."
    Leia held up a hand to ward Han away from Isolder. "What Han is trying to say, is that we don't understand what's going on at all. Isolder, you are Tenel Ka's father, as well as a Prince of your people. I realise the situation right now is..delicate, but could you please explain what you know to us? We feel as if we're reaching in the dark here."
    Isolder spread out his hands, taking in all of the assembled Jedi, "If you would all follow me, please? I shall tell you all that I know."
    Albeit reluctantly, the group fell into step behind Isolder as he led them to the control center. Mara followed behind last, her instincts telling her to be wary. For all of Isolder's pretty words, she still sensed malice in this place. And..

And she felt like they were being watched.

Guiding his guests through the maze of complex machinery, Isolder led them to where the Hapans had set up. Mara noticed several Hapan males, and two females, were busily going here and there..monitering equipment, making notes, and generally scratching their heads.
    Mara turned to Isolder, "This is no military task force. Those people over there are all scientists, doing research. And none of you have any weapons, save for your hold-out blasters."
    Isolder quickly looked at the sleeve of his cream-colored tunic, "You saw that? Hmpf. Shouldn't be surprised."
    Han and Leia both looked at him incredeously, "This is a scientific expedition? What in the Nine Hells is going on?" "Yes, I would also like to hear your story."
    Urging everyone to sit down, as he knew they would be tired from their journey, Isolder began his explaination, pacing in front of them as if a teacher, giving a lecture.
    "To begin with, yes, this is simply a fact-gathering mission. At least for them," he pointed to the researchers, "it is. My position is a little more demanding, but I shall get to that in a moment. Obviously, the Consortiums recent..expansion...has been noticed, otherwise you would not be here. My daughter is an excellent Queen Mother, almost on par with my..with her mother. However, her one weakness, if you can call it such, is that she has no one to comfort her at the end of the day, no one to confide in, no one to come home to. As her father, I try to do what I can, but it is only so much. Tenel Ka has been beset lately by calls from the Consortium to find a Consort, yet for some reason that I am unable to fathom, she refuses to do so. I had thought the problem solved when my grand-daughter, Allana, was born, but not only did she not take the father as her Consort, she refuses to even divulge who it is."
    Han stuck his hand up, "Ah, we can answer that one for you there, Prince. And I'll give you three guesses how we know, and the first two don't count." he finished with the Solo grin.
    Isolder was both irritated and confused, "What are you babbling about now, Solo? How would you..," Slowly, comprehension dawned upon Isolder's face. "Of course! They were always close like that. I don't know why I didn't see it sooner. Yes..yes, many things make sense now."
    Kyp looked at him, and said, "I'm glad they do to you. Could you enlighten the rest of us?"
    Behind Kyp, Saba said, "This one thinkz we should have brought the Goldenrod instead of you."

Isolder continued, undaunted, "You see, Tenel Ka brought the idea of expansion before the Consortium several months ago. For as long as anyone could remember, we had always been just 63 worlds. But, she said, the times

9. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Very interesting.

So, basically, Tenel Ka went crazy. Not exactly, but that's the drift. Gee. I suppose that you could say she should have handled it better, but then again, Jacen could have just stuck around. Could he have stuck around? Did he even come to visit?

That's the major question, here. Who's more at fault--Jacen or Tenel Ka?

I hope to see what happens with Jacen and Tenel Ka! Just realized that we never saw the end of that confrontation.

Great work! Can't wait for more!

Janet

10. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    "Hey, that's my line!"

This is gettin' awesome LOL! Loved Isolder's part. I thought he'd know but apparently, he didn't.

11. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    SilSolo: thanks! and I used two main factors in helping me determine Isolder's knowledge base on matter. first, Isolder is not Force-sensitive. Second, Tenel Ka has had years of experience being Queen Mother and only showing others the emotions she wants them to see. And Father's are almost always biased toward their 'little girls' anyway.

Author's Note: Would anybody be interested in doing up some artwork for this story? All I ask of it is that Tenel Ka be in the center, as This story is mainly about her. The sequel i'm planning to write will be about Jacen.

12. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great chapter thanks for the PM

13. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I was actually surprised that Isolder did not know who Allana's father was. I thought that TK would trust him enough to tell.

14. frankieskywalker

Apr 13, 2006
    hey thats my line[face_laugh]

great update

15. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    Chapter 15: Dark Designs

My name is Mara Jade. Here lately, I've been adding Skywalker to the end of that, but that doesn't change who I am. Who I am right now, though, is someone who really doesn't feel like telling a story, but then, the way things are looking, maybe talking about this will take my mind off..other things. Like the fact that I miss Ben. He should have been back from Hapes by now, shouldn't he? I swear, if Jacen's pulled another brain-dead manuever that could endager Ben, I'll....Calm, Mara, calm. And then there's Luke. Where the kriff is my Farmboy?! Maybe he's already back from..wherever, and sitting there, watching the holovid at the house. I just know he is, wearing a smug little expression too. I'll have to wipe that off his face. Probably with kisses. I would already be doing that, but a certain little shenbit just had to go and ruin the party. Let me explain as I search for the piece of Bantha-poodoo...

1-hour ealier:

"Ok, scratch that. I have a very bad feeling about this."

What 'this' was, was the fact that a little stowaway egghead from Prince Isolder's Hapan 'task force' turned out to apparently be an agent of this Darth-Repose. Whoever that was. I admit that I was a little..frustrated sounds like a good word..with him. And then out of the blue, he pulls some Dark Side whammy on all of us, and by the time I recover, the little womp-rat's nowhere to be seen. As bad as that was, it didn't compare at all to what came next.

See, I always had the understanding that somehow, the ancient computers in this place had 'bonded' with Anakin Solo, only letting him, and him only, have any control whatsoever, over the Stations systems. It had happened years ago, during the first Corellian Crisis. And he had only been back here one other time, during the Yuuzhan Vong war, before he...well, anyway, Centerpoint Station was supposed to answer to Anakin and Anakin alone. And seeing as how that was no longer possible, we all had written off the Station, giving it no more thought.
    Apparently, we missed a memo somewhere. Because Centerpoint Station had just come to life around us.

Han Solo, being the most observant man in the galaxy that he is, put the situation into perspective, "What in the name of the Nine Corellian Hells is going on here?"
    Needless to say, there was much running about of eggheads and Jedi alike. Checking equipment, comming the rougue's for a bird's eye view of things. I didn't know what was going on either, but I was pretty sure who was responsible. And so I began my little scavenger hunt.

Which leads me up to where I am now, outside what I can only assume is the main interface chamber Anakin used those times. The cone shaped structure sat directly underneath the huge artificial sun , which meant of course there were no shadows for me to hide in. But that also worked against him, too. Even if I couldn't see the little bugger at the far end of the chamber, I could hear him, mainly due to every little noise being returned and amplified by the shape of the walls themselves. I would have to be as quiet as I've ever been to sneak up on him. Good thing that wasn't my plan.

Stepping around the polished silver wall of the room, I made my presence known. "Is this a private party, or can anyone join in?" The little troll jumped in surprise at my voice, amplified by the room. He almost droped a strange piece of hardware he had been trying to insert into one of the computers. I didn't know what it was, or what it could do. I only knew that if he had it, it couldn't be good. I tried distracting him with conversation.
    All the evil beings in the universe have one thing in common: they love to monologue. They'll ramble on and on forever about their master plan, detailing exactly how to stop them in the process, when whet they should be stopping is you. I figured an evil toadie would be no exception.
    "Hey, how'd you get the Station running? I thought only Anakin Solo could do that."

I wasn't dissapointed.

"Fool! You Jedi

16. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    "According to our screens, the target..is Hapes."

NNOOOOOOO!!!!!

17. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I'm happry Hapes is about to be destoryed

18. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    GASP!!!!!!!!!!!

Hapes? So is Darth Repose, like, against Tenel Ka? And why does he want Jacen? As bait?

I think you did a splendid job with Mara's POV. I enjoyed it very much.

Very nice post. I demand another!!!!!!!

Janet

19. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    SilSolo: Maybe. ;)

G_Anakin: "Happry"??

20. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    TOMORROW NIGHT?! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So let me try this . . . Tenel Ka is against Darth Repose and SHE wants Jacen as bait? Is that right?

The why does Repose have that reward out for Jacen. And-- OMG! Is TK USING Jacen? To get Repose? But, but, but-- doesn'y she LOVE him? (Jacen, not Repose)

Yeah, okay. I probably made things a whole lot complicated than they actually are.

Janet

P.S. I've decided that if you save . . . SIX . . . of the hoo-rahs I gave you, and show them to me (ex:

hoo-rah
    hoo-rah
    hoo-rah
    hoo-rah
    hoo-rah
    hoo-rah) then I will give you a YEEHAH! Yeah. Okay. Just having a little fun here.

21. frankieskywalker

Apr 13, 2006
    i'm so lost hopefully i'll get answers soon

great update

22. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    and frankie? that's just how I want everyone to be. [face_devil]

23. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    Hmmmmm,[face_thinking] [face_mischief]

*starts thinking about giving some hints to Janet about the plot*

great update mage!!!!!!!!

lets hope for some more soon!

Sparky

24. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Just came back from vacation. 24 Pms with updates.....Read yours at first, wanted to laugh and you didn't disappoint me! :D =D=

[face_love] Mara's POV!

More soon? [face_batting]

25. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    Chapter 17: In The Line Of Fire

Centerpoint Station

I'm Kyp Durron. Jedi Master, Hero of the Vong war, and Luke Skywalker's right-hand man. I've flown more hours in an X-Wing then all of Rogue Squadron, and vaped more bad guys then the entire GA fleet. Ok, so I've also done some...bad things..but the point is, I'm a hero's hero. But right this moment, I'm not exactly feeling very heroic. More along the lines of moronic actually. Seeing as how my legs still feel like sheets of flimplast, and don't want to bend, let me walk you through recent events while I shrug off this stun bolt...

See, I had noticed Mara heading off earlier, and presumed that the Emperor's Hand would lead me directly to the cause of the trouble here at Centerpoint Station. I was right. I hung back outside the chamber they were in, and I heard it all. That's when I knew I had to stop Mara.

Now, before you start getting the wrong idea about me, let me fill you in on a little secret: I have never forgiven myself for Carida. The fact that I was under the influence of one of the most powerful Sith Lords doesn't matter. The fact that billions of innocent beings lost their lives because I wasn't strong enough does. I have heard their screams in my nightmares. I have seen their faces in my dreams. And I have their blood on my hands.

That is the reason everyone thinks of me as brash, aggresive, and yes, even arrogant. I strive every single waking hour to do the one thing..one thing..that will redeem myself to everyone. That is why I stunned Mara. I know I've thrown away everything now. Mara hates me enough, she'll see to it. But some gut instinct told me that this was my moment, my one chance, and that I had to take it no matter what.

Of course, following the little Sithspawn down here to what I can only assume is a secret control room was one thing. Getting belted by my own stun blast, now that was embarrasing. And then, here we are...

I could finally feel my legs, so I slowly crept up behind the little runt, who was now before one of the console stations, entering some commands. The little box he had brought with him was firmly attached amid a maze of wires. I decided not to go the stun bolt route this time. Slowly, I unclipped my lightsaber..

That's when we both noticed the change. At first, it just felt like it was really warm. Then the pressure grew more and more, and I realised that Centerpoint was gathering power. Gravitic power, to be used as a weapon. Centerpoint Station made the Sun Crusher look like a child's toy. I quickly grabbed the runt, and pulled him off of his feet in front of me, legs dangling off the ground. "What have you done, you spineless worm?!"

Just then, a voice called down to me from the room above, "Kyp! Kyp!! The Station's going to fire at Hapes! Can you get that little shenbit to stop it?!" Mara's voice rang down. I couldn't believe it. Hapes was were Jaina was! And Jacen too, of course. This little egg-headed, bantha-smelling piece of Rancor-bait was trying to kill part of the only family I've ever had all these years!? I pulled him forward, and gave him the most piercing stare i could. "I give you one chance to do this their way. Tell me if there is a way to reverse this thing you have done."
    "You do not frighten me, Jedi! My Master shall soon see each and every one of you dead at his feet! this..this is just the start!" Defiantely, he laughed at me.
    As far as I was concerned, that gave me free reign to do what I did. I reached out with the Force, and tore his mind open like wrapping paper on life day. Instantly I was assaulted by a thick, black mass of pure hatred, I tore through that, taking out several moments in his life with it. I didn't care. I sought one piece of information, and if my search left him a blank slate when I was done, then so be it. The body in my hands shivered and trembled as my probe went deeper and deeper into his mind. Finally, I threw him down into one of the odd-looking seat-chair things down here, and held him down with one hand. Turning my head back toward th

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.