main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series All Hail the Hailfire Droid

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080427020732/starwars/images/thumb/9/9f/Hailfire_droid.jpg/505px-Hailfire_droid.jpg]

Back in the olden days of yesteryear when Attack of the Clones came out, I distinctly recall how blown away I was by the introduction of the hailfire droid. Possibly not as blown away as those poor cloned souls who were blasted into oblivion under its missile barrage, but it was enough to make me forget for a moment that this was the same movie that had merrily prancing cowfleas.

I have now waited 3 full years for the glorious return of the much-venerated hailfire droids, but I shall wait no longer!

...Actually, unless I make a Petition of 2000 against Lucas and Dave and co. that actually works, it seems as though there's nothing I can do about it. But at any rate, is there something I'm missing here? Was I the only one who actually liked the hailfire droids? Does anyone know if Dave or George ever commented on them like... ever? Like did Dave say in some random interview, "There are two things I hate in this world: hailfire droids and Ben Quadinaros. And so the chances of us ever putting them into an episode are about the same as the Live Action Series ever seeing the light of day!"

Now to rub salt on the wound, last year, before Season 3 aired, they even came out with an Anti-hailfire Droid Squad Action Figure Set. I mean, if that didn't smack of "future episode of TCW," I don't know what does. But alas, we got neither hailfire droids nor anti-hailfire droid squads.

Anyway, I made this thread both because I am generally disgruntled with the state of affairs, and because I need a support group to commiserate with who might also appreciate hailfire droids, and remember them in their finer days, such as in this video:

The Elusive Hailfire Droid - Caught on Camera for One of the First and Last Times

Now I shall go and wallow in my misery as I play with my hailfire droids as they act out battles I wish they would do in TCW.

2. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    MEDIC!!!! WE NEED A MEDIC OVER HERE!

3. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I'm with yon 100% on this baris [face_peace]. I liked the idea of the halfire droids from the start. They showed great force and along with the spider droids (which also haven't gotten recognition yet [face_thinking]) they were really the only thing that gave the clones much problem during the battle of geonosis. I personally like the one scene in AOTC during the battle they have a halfire shooting missles at an AT-TE and they go into slow motion when it hits the walker, really enjoyed it.

4. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Rolling anti-tanks carrying a BARRAGE of rockets? Heck yes. You've got my vote too, Barriss. [face_laugh]

5. TheFiffis

TheFiffis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2010
    They were featured quite prominently in The Clone Wars video from 2002 and the Battlefront games. Honestly I haven't even noticed the lack of them in TCW, but now I'm sort of WTF about it.

Actually quite WTF about it.

I want some hailfire action. NOW.

Or in September/October whenever the new season starts.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    We need separatist victory- so why not carried out by hailfire droids?

In fact EU-material- in this case visual dictionary of ROTS mentions "In-universe- fact" about Hailfires- they were used during the first months of the war on Geonosis, Muunilinst, Aargonar.... but then CIS-generals noticed their greatest weakness- they have very limited number of missiles they can carry- they first can perform a great and succesful attack towards walkers and tanks but are easily destroyed (especially by aircrafts) when their missiles run out- that caused decision to withdraw them from all battlefronts- so i was not even expecting to see them in TCW- EU-logic for once..... they are simply not used at the time....
    (but don't worry hailfire fans)
    .... then flying supplement droid was developed and Hailfires returned to the battlefields all over the galaxy during the last year of the war:) ....

we are closing to the last year so WE NEED SOME HAILFIRES...... and HOMING SPIDERS, 6-legged crab droids, octuptarras, pilot b1s...... there is plenty of CIS-droids we haven't seen in TCW- always those AAT-tanks, dwarfspiders and those damn tactical droids and even commandodroids start to be overused- get us some Hailfires and more tankdroids they are my fav and so underused while they even have a model for them.....

7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  8. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
  9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    You have my support, Barriss_Coffee.

10. JoleeBee

JoleeBee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2011
    Battle of Jabiim
    It might be cool if they show this battle in TCW. Featuring Hailfire droids, Spiders and "CIS victory, presumed death of General Kenobi". That would be a bomb.:D

11. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Maybe we can hope for a Hailfire droid driven by Ben Quadinaros. You can never set your sights too high!

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Might be interesting.

13. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    [face_laugh]

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ...for some reason my visual image of that includes Ben wearing Dave Filoni's hat. Kind of like a cowboy.

15. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I fully support this. Screw the droids. Just have an entire army of hailfires. Everywhere.

Battle of Mon Calamari? Hailfire droids.

Battle of Rhen Var? Hailfire droids.

Battle of Saleucami? Hailfire droids.

The answer has never been more obvious.

Did you guys see that video?! One missile took out an AT-TE. You know what, we could use some droid gunships too.

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Hailfire on Dac- how does it even swim? We do see some new CIS-craft there is seems from the trailers but well underwater hailfires would be kinda extreme- we need buzz droids too.....

17. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    They'll just hang from another ship and keep shooting into the water until they hit something.

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    You mean literally hanging, like in a harness on the underside of droid gunships? Now I would pay money to see that.[face_laugh]

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Or they could use another droid/vessel using similar missiles...... or then there is pontoons added to the wheels of hailfires so they can float[face_thinking]

20. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Wasn't something that had crossed my mind, but it would be nice to see them include the hailfire droids. Maybe we can hope for next season... but at this rate, I suppose its doubtful :(

21. RX-27

RX-27 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2010
    I can't believe that I've never noticed the lack of hailfire droids. :(

As a huge fan of CIS battle droids I'm with you. Now excuse me while I go cry about the lack of Hailfires. :_|

22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Top three vehicles we need in TCW:

Hailfires
    Droid Gunships
    Republic Fighter Tanks

23. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Yes indeed. The dangling would probably come in handy.

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    all those thank you.... but why all seem to forget HOMING SPIDERS?!:_|

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Because they're boring as hell.

I'm assuming Republic Fighter Tank means the IFT-X? Love that thing.[face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.