main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends All I See Is Darkness- a KOTOR/Blue Side misadventure

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Commander-DWH, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I'm back! No more school for now, and happy writing time is once again mine. :D This actually ended up turning out a little different than I thought it would, but I'm still a fan. As you'll read in the notes, this is based on a true story, told to my IV chapter at breakfast one morning last week by the guys. It's canon to the Blue Side storyline, and happens not too far in the future of where I currently am in the story.

Title: All I See Is Darkness
    Author: DWH
    Genre: Humour, drama
    Timeframe: KOTOR, Blue Side: Complements
    Characters: Carth Onasi, Aiden Star, Canderous Ordo, Jolee Bindo, Leiraya Moran, Bastila Shan, Mission Vao
    Notes: Many thanks to Kiel, Luke, Alex, and Kevin for this massively amusing tale. Based on a true story. The tingler is a reference to a really bad old Vincent Price film that is high on the entertainment value, and you should totally watch it if you can find the time.

==========================================

?Have you seen the men yet this morning?? Bastila inquired as she walked into the Ebon Hawk?s lounge with a large cup of caf.

?Not yet,? Leiraya shook her head. ?It?s a little unusual, though.?

?Yes, especially since Jolee came aboard. He?s quite the early riser.? She sat down in one of the empty chairs. ?I wonder if maybe we should go check on them??

?No need,? Carth?s weary voice came from the entryway. ?We?re all alive. And have we got a story for you.?

?Story?? Leiraya?s eyes brightened. ?Do tell.?

?Let me get a cup of caf...? he wandered off in search of a mug.

Leiraya looked at Bastila, shrugged, and continued with her breakfast. The other three men soon filed out, taking seats at various points around the lounge with synthesized breakfast pastries and prodigious amounts of caf. Carth was the last to return, still rubbing the sleep from his eyes as he plopped down in a chair.

?All right, you have your caf.? Leiraya leaned forward in her seat expectantly. ?So, what?s the story??

Carth looked at his cup, looked back up at Leiraya and Bastila?s curious stares, and shook his head. ?Actually, it?s not my story to tell.?

?That?s hardly fair, Carth.? Bastila crossed her arms and looked at him pointedly.

?It?s true,? Leiraya agreed. ?You can?t let us know there?s a good story, and then not tell it.?

?Hey, is the old man holding out on us?? Mission poked her head in, and then bounced her way to a nearby seat.

?I?m not the ?old man? around here anymore,? Carth grunted. ?That?s Jolee?s job, right??

Jolee snorted derisively. ?And you young folk had better not forget it.?

Aiden sighed. ?All right, I?ll tell the story...?

?No, let me start.? Carth set his cup down and leaned backward. ?It all started at about 0300, Standard Galactic Time. We were all fast asleep, but I heard this banging noise. At first I thought that maybe there was something hitting the ship, but it didn?t sound quite right. I started to lift up my blanket to get out, but then I heard voices.?

?Voices?? Bastila raised a curious eyebrow.

?Yes, voices. They were saying, ?All I see is darkness,? ?Who are you??, and what I thought sounded like ?Hell!? So I just froze there, wondering what was going on.? He paused as though to gather his thoughts. ?I?d heard stories back on Telos of these demons that would come and attack people while they slept, and for a moment, I thought that?s what was happening. I wasn?t sure how they would get into space, but I also didn?t know what would exactly stop them from being in space, right??

?I suppose not,? Leiraya shrugged. ?So, were there demons??

?No,? Canderous replied. ?I woke up about the same time as he did, hearing the banging and the voices. It was dark in the cabin, so I tried to reconstruct the room in my head. Unfortunately,? the Mandalorian frowned ruefully, ?I did it all wrong. For some reason, I thought there was a viewport in the room, and I thought I saw these strange faces outside. Never mind the fact that it didn?t make a

2. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    That was really good. :) The characterizations were perfect. :)

?Aww, isn?t it cute when the old man decides he can get along with everyone?? Mission grinned.
    ?Now look here, little missy, I?m not cute by anyone?s standards.? Jolee wagged his finger emphatically in her direction, but could not completely conceal his smile.
    Mission merely shrugged. ?Okay, whatever you say...?

[face_laugh] Jolee cracks me up. [face_laugh]

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Amazing and well written! =D=

?I?m being as clear as I?m going to be, young lady. The only way to keep the monster from wreaking havoc is to not keep everything inside. Think about that.? With that, he turned and walked out of the cockpit.

Oh, if only it were so simple... Bastila sighed inwardly. There was little she could do about it, however. Perhaps meditation would help. Would help both of them.

In the meantime, they had a mission to think about. And with any kind of luck, they would be able to avoid any more dreams, however amusing the ensuing chaos may have been.

All I see is darkness...

LOVED the ending! :D

4. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    it was quite the pleasant suprise to see you were back and posted something!:cool:

and as usual, it was superb. you have a real gift for dialogue. i think you could write a 2 page story about the blue side characters discussing the tax code in detail and still make it a great read.

the best part was the end.. and jolee talking about the tingler.. that was particuarly clever, especially if you know why bastila is feeling the way she is.. (and i'm sure most of us do. but they're might be a few that don't so..)

5. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    jedi_of_ennth: Thank you! Glad you enjoyed Jolee, he hasn't quite shown up in Blue Side yet and I've been itching to write him. He's my favourite cantankerous not-Jedi ever. :)

VaderLVR: The ending was completely different than I originally planned, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading!

obi_webb: Yes, I'm back and hopefully posting with much more frequency over the summer. :)

you have a real gift for dialogue. i think you could write a 2 page story about the blue side characters discussing the tax code in detail and still make it a great read.

Don't give me ideas- I might try it one day, just to say I could. :p

And the next chapter of Blue Side is on its way before the end of the week, so here's to getting back into my writing groove! [face_dancing]

6. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    That was great!

Yay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.