main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ All I want for Xmas is.......

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Norrad_Roff, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    ..my two front teeth?

..heaps of expensive toys?

..chocolate and alcohol?

..world peace and joy to all mankind?

Me? A decent cordless drill and good weather.

MERRY XMAS YOU GUYS!!!

BTW: I'm a bit sad Chansplace hasn't revived the 12 days of Sithmas thread.

2. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    I don't get a present this year. 5 kids in my family, we are tight for money so as I am the oldest I miss out... Just like the birthday present the olds still owe me from 4 months ago.

I guess I will have to go out and buy something for myself on boxing day.

I was actually hoping to have a new girlfriend by Christmas.

but gahhhhhhh why do girls have to be so fustrating! ack

3. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I got myself a mortgage for Christmas, as of today. This will probably be the last Christmas of material acquisition I have for some time.

4. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    well done! we have one of them, and I'd have to say it certainly puts a bit of a damper on the fun times. Where and what did you buy?

YouAgain ... Christmas is a tough time for families, esp. families with a whole lot of kids. Sorry you've got to sholder the responsibilities of being the oldest, but hope that, despite missing out on the gift stakes, you have a good day with your family.

5. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I get intimidated by my student loan ... but I'd imagine a mortgage on a property in Auckland would be 100x bigger.

YouAgain, sorry about missing out on a present ... that's a real bummer. I'm sure your parents would love to give you one if they could.

As for what I want for Christmas ... a dog would be great. But our existing pets would not be impressed.

6. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    hmmmf I will get one eventually I guess. Just maybe not till february. I'll probably get something smallish from them aswell. I don't really care, I think Christmas is overrated and overcomercalized.

7. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Well, from my folks I got money a few months ago to put toward a new rifle, it paid for the bipod :p (that was birthday and x-mas money).

x-mas... I don't really enjoy anymore. The extended family all have families of their own now and so it's just not the same. Grandparents are on the decline as well which kinda puts a downer on it. One brother and I have agreed not to buy for eachother, which kinda saves money, but is kinda stink. And well, I splashed out on Mum this year, and JP's kids is where x-mas is at now, so it's all on them, which is nice.

8. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Got an eight year-old 3brm house in Bayview/Glenfield. Was cheaper than I expected (I paid about 40k less than I was aiming to) so my loan won't be as ridiculous. I was just sick of paying rent money and I loathe my flatmate who does nothing and never has any money, so my younger brother is moving in once he's paid off his own HP's.

It'd been on the adgenda for a while, most notably when I was engaged a few years back, but after the ex skipped out, I put it asided and focused on band, which was good for me on the personal self-fulfilment level.

All I'd really like for Christmas is to have no problems shifting house, which may be an issue if my manky flattie throws a hissy fit and bails owing me money, as may be the case.

9. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    :D I got a gift.. My parents bought me some new dumbells to replace the old ****** ones I had borrowed off my friend.

My sister bought me a skipping rope aswell which I needed for kickboxing...

I am absolutley stuffed from eating so much food at my grandmothers place!

hmmmph I need to sleep!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.