main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga All in a Day's Work (ARC, Omega/Delta) - Update 12/29 Chapter 67

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kudzu, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Title: All in a Day's Work

Authors: Antilles2001 and Kudzu

Timeframe: Clone Wars, Year Three

Genre: Action/Philosophy/Angst/Intrigue

Summary:

The Clone Wars rage throughout the galaxy as they have for two years. The galaxy is settling down to the storm. War and bloodshed have become just tough ways of life for many. And General Grievous, Supreme Commander of the Separatist Droid Army, follows the shadowy orders of Darth Sidious as he advances towards the Core.

A world gets in his way, just another insignificant speck in the galaxy on which billions have been born and have died, and life goes on. On Asceplis, one widowed monarch administers to his people and his kingdom. He is swept aside and exiled to a dusty prison camp while his incompetent cousin is assigned the throne.

But the Republic's wheels are yet in motion. One ARC trooper captain, Alpha-51, is dispatched to the Asceplian moon of Depudus to stage a breakout and rescue the deposed royal family. The mission that he and the rest of the Grand Army of the Republic embark on is abruptly trapped in the demanding confines of time, and assures that truly, the decision of a star system's fate for the Republic clone troopers, and their allies and leaders, is just all in a day's work.

Disclaimer: Unofficial, unoriginal characters property of Lucasfilm, etc etc.

Comments: At the fifty-chapter mark, a revised All in a Day's Work v1.1 for avid readers with absolutely no time on their hands and the convenience of newcomers just getting into the story has been posted on Page 37 of the thread. This story is a collaboration piece between myself (Kudzu) and Antilles2001. The very first story post was made on August 12th, 2005.

[b][i]Dramatis Personae (subject to change):[/b][/i]

[u][b]With the Jedi Order:[/u][/b]

Eerin, Bant - Jedi Knight (female Mon Calamari from Mon Calamari)
    Fisto, Kit - Jedi Master (male Nautolan from Glee Anselm)
    Kenobi, Obi-Wan - Jedi Master (male Human from Coruscant)
    Rana-Morr - Jedi Master (male Draethos from Coruscant Rimward)
    Windu, Mace - Jedi Master (male Human from Haruun Kal)
    Yoda - Grand Master of the Jedi Order (male unknown species from unknown planet)

[u][b]With the Grand Army of the Republic:[/u][/b]

A-51 - Advanced Recon Commando (ARC) trooper, Captain of the Grand Army of the Republic (male Human from Kamino)
    Admirison, Vernon - Captain of the [i]Ossus[/i] (male Human from Dubrillion)
    CC-1783 "Toy" - Clone Marshal Commander of the Grand Army of the Republic (male Human from Kamino)
    CT-46/8597 "Ekoj" - Captain of the Grand Army of the Republic (male Human from Kamino)
    CT-107/1337 "Elite" - Captain of the Grand Army of the Republic (male Human from Kamino)
    CT-109/43 "Dij" - Captain of the Grand Army of the Republic (male Human from Kamino)
    CT-160/340 "Snipe" - Lieutenant of the Grand Army of the Republic (male Human from Kamino)
    CT-178/1006 "Resol" - Sergeant of the Grand Army of the Republic (male Human from Kamino)

[i]With Silver Group:[/i]

CT-17/999 "Tripler" - Silver Three pilot (male Human from Kamino)
    CT-25/870 "Dee" - Silver Three co-pilot (male Human from Kamino)
    CT-25/954 "Zap" - Silver Three gunner (male Human from Kamino)
    CT-28/50 "Fifty" - Silver Twelve pilot (male Human from Kamino)
    CT-X130 - Silver Leader pilot (male Human from Kamino)
    R2-K9 "Dog" - Silver Three astromech (R2-series astromech droid; masculine programming)

[i]With Knife Two Six:[/i]

CT-60/845 "Lord" - Knife Two-Six pilot (male Human from Kamino)
    CT-60/848 "Eighter" - Knife Two-Six co-pilot (male Human from Kamino)
    CT-78/123 "Chron" - Knife Two-Six starboard turret gunner (male Human from Kamino)
    CT-X424 "Xuxfour" - Knife Two-Six portside turret gunner (male Human from Kamino)

[i]With the [/i]Praetorite[i]:[/i]

CT-6/060 "SixO" - Captain of the [i]Praetorite[/i] (male Human from Kamino)
    CT-36/6778 - clone trooper sergeant (male Human from Kamino)
    CT-100/203 - clone trooper (male Human from Kamino)
    CT-100/204 - clone troope

2. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Wow! Quite the start. That's a lot of information to digest, but it's nice to see a new fic using so many different characters. The "cast" sheet at the beginning was helpful. I'm looking forward to see where you guys will take this.

one last thing:
    Palpatine?s smile widened. ?Send in the clones.? <--this made me snarf. :D

3. Nal_Hutta

Nal_Hutta Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2005
    Sounds pretty Damn good Kudzu. cant wait for more.

4. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Hell yeah. Told ya they'd love that line, Kudzu. ;)

5. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    LOL, indeed you did.

6. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    I like it, you know the drill for me Mig just IM or PM me the update and I will be here to read it in a flash.

7. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Sorry for all the edits - wasn't happy with the Dramatis Personae format. Argh...

8. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Bump to this.

9. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Don't worry ladies and gents, Chapter II is on its way. Might be delayed since I'm go to the lake in a few, but it should be up relatively soon.

EDIT: Er, scratch that. Not goin' to the lake. Cchapter II's done, I'm just waiting for Kudzu to get on MSN Messenger. :rolleyes: [face_tired]

10. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Chapter II
    by Antilles2001

An overweight Weequay guard paused in his routine midnight patrol around the penal colony. It was barely a colony: the only things that could pass as buildings were the guards' barracks and the small cottage for which the slave laborers could rest (when they were allowed to), all of which was surrounded by a huge gate. He sighed in frustration and leaned against a nearby boulder, resting his rifle on his boot.

He scanned the dark landscape. The buildings in the colony were the only articial structures for as far as the eye could see. The rest was barren land, covered with towering spires of crystal. The slaves mined all day and night, as the crystal was only useable for war purposes under pressure of the ground. It was sadly ironic that the people of a relatively peaceful planet like Asceplis were forced to mine for crystals to later be used to power the many weapons of the Separatist Army.

"I can't believe this," he said to himself, "guarding a bunch of slave miners? Like they're gonna have some kinda heroic uprising. Nobody's gonna come to rescue these poor fools. I could've been a doctor... Boy, it can't get any worse than this."

Unfortunately, it did get worse. A pair of white armored hands crept forth from the shadows. He only became remotely aware of the gauntlets advancing upon the back of his neck once it was too late. He emitted a muffled scream, immediatly silenced by the sickening snap of his neck. His corpse fell to the ground.

A voice started speaking from the radio clipped to dead guard's belt.

"Hey, Steth, break's comin' up in a few-let's eat. Steth?" the voice sighed, "Damn it, Steth, I'm not falling for the whole 'you should have seen how worried you looked' routine again. Come on, just speak up and let's go."

After a long pause, the voice spoke up again. "Fine, fine, I'll play along, fat boy. I'm heading there now."

A Twi'lek walked to his partner's position, torch illuminating the way.

"Over here," a voice whispered.

"Who's there? Is that you, Steth?"

The Twi'lek cautiously peered into the darkness. All the torch shown was a boulder, nothing more.

"Hey, you. C'mere," the voice whispered again. It sounded synthesised, like someone speaking through a helmet.

He obeyed the voice and walked forward, assuming it was simply his large friend who had decided to mess around with him once again. A man in white armor charged him from behind and secured him in a headlock, a blade pressed against his throat.

"Hi there... Don't bother screaming for help. Nobody's gonna hear you. Nobody alive, anyway."

"Please don't kill me!"

"Sssh... We don't want to attract any attention, now do we? If there are any security codes, you better tell me what they are," the man said.

"Wh-who are you?"

"None of your business. Now tell me what I want to hear and you'll live. Otherwise," he twisted the Twi'lek around so he could look upon his friend's corpse, "you end up like tubby here."

The Twi'lek didn't need to be told twice. He proceeded to tell him everything he knew, from security codes to where the refreshers were.

"Thank you," the man said, satisfied. He then slit the Twi'lek's throat.

A-51 stepped forward, kama gently swaying in the night. The ARC trooper, standing victoriously over the dead bodies of the enemy, looked just as Mandalorian as Jango Fett, his instructor and the man whom he had inherited his genes from. He wasn't one to keep promises to Seperatists. He looked over the fat Weequay. He wore an over-sized, hooded poncho, camoflauged to blend in with the rough beige of the hard-packed soil. Perfect. Contrary to the opinions of Steth the deceased guard, someone was going to rescue the poor fools.

King Asap III sat on his cot, the dirt on his face matching that on his ragged slave miner uniform. His failure to protect his planet relentlessly nagged at him, torturing his mind every waking moment. I do not deserve to be King. He took some comfort that his wife, who die

11. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
  12. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
  13. Krayus_Korianis

Krayus_Korianis Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    Amazing again Kudzu, breathtaking work. You rock=D=

14. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Antilles wrote the most recent chapter :p He's writing half of it too.

15. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Damn straight. :cool:

16. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    Nice man, the first part remind me of Sam(Splinter Cell) help you make more things like this. Keep up the good work and wish you luck Kudz and Mig.

17. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Originally, A-51 was going to snap Steth's neck from upside down ala Chaos Theory, but they're outside, so that wouldn't work out too well. :p Thanks for your comment.

18. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    You guys make an amazing writing team. Your writing styles are very compatable. This is a great start. You have cannon characters and original characters as well, you're setting a good stage for a deep plot. I know from reading some of Antilles other stories that there will plenty of action.

Excellent work, guys.

19. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    I would encourage anyone who reads and enjoys this (so far) to check out our other fanfictions that we have written independently :) Thanks for your interest, guys!

20. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Ditto. :) Thanks everybody. (lil' early, don'tcha think, Kudzu? :p )

Since I don't have a fancy site devoted to fanfiction like Kudzu (kidding), you'll just have to look through my View Latest Posts in my profile.

Oh, and just a cruel teaser: Let's just say clones aren't weak-minded, even if people think they are. ;)

21. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Killing density challenged weequays and surrendering Twi'Leks?
    Gentlemen, that's just not very nice. :p
    Great chapter! Looking forward to more.

22. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    [face_devil] We're not nice guys.

23. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Thanks guys :) Yes, I am fast...it's to compensate for the fact that I'm going to be gone for a week from the 29th of August to the 4th of September, during which time Antilles2001 will be posting a few consecutive chapters, I suppose.

[b]Chapter III[/b]
    By Kudzu

?Master?? Bant asked as they hastened across the skywalk towards the landing platform where the assault ship [i]Ossus[/i] was landed.

Kit was vaguely disturbed. He was supposed to be the one who picked up on everybody else?s emotions, not Bant. He was the one who could scent pheremones with his tentacle-tresses. [i]I must be rubbing off on her somehow[/i], he thought ruefully. ?It?s nothing, Pada - er, Bant.? Force, he was never going to get used to not calling her ?Padawan?. Maybe he?d just call her that on this mission to try to annoy her. He doubted that it would work.

?Sorry you got dragged along on this, Master,? Bant smiled. ?You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, I guess.?

?Will of the Force,? Kit quipped. ?Now: less talk, more run.?

?Right.?

The two amphibious Jedi jogged towards the open ramp of the assault ship. Kit still felt uneasy about the Jedi being Generals for this clone army, but what was, was. He caught sight of the Korun Master Mace Windu, the Thisspiasian Master Oppo Rancisis, and the Draethos Master Rana-Morr nearby. They moved forward and he stopped dead in his tracks before planting both feet firmly on the ground and turning formally to face them.

?Kit,? Mace said gravely. ?As I?m sure that you are well aware, the situation on Asceplis is volatile.?

?I was briefed, Master,? Kit replied politely.

The dark-skinned Human scowled. ?I know that; and quit with the ?Master? business. Aren?t we good enough friends that we don?t need to call each other by honorifics??

?Of course,? Kit admitted.

?Now,? Mace continued, ?you may have been briefed, but this is important, Kit: many of the Asceplians do support the Confederacy occupation. The ones that didn?t were either murdered or sent to mine crystalline ore on the planet?s moon. You can?t go in there thinking that you can get by on just local support.?

?I understand, Mace.? Again, Kit cursed having to address people in unfamiliar ways.

Rana-Morr spoke now. ?Two squads of clone commandoes are going to be deployed in from a LAAT/i gunship to first pick up the ARC trooper A-51 and the ruling family from Depudus, the penal moon,? he said, his voice sounding remarkably Human for such a very alien-looking person as he. ?They will then drop the ruling family off on a transport ship and then land on Asceplis itself to cause general disruption and damage to infrastructure until you get that sonic weaponry data and destroy the Confederacy island fortress there.?

??Island fortress??? Kit repeated in disbelief. ?Has General Grievous been watching too many action holodramas or something??

?Not having seen many myself, I could not tell you, Master Fisto,? Rana-Morr replied.

?Fair enough. What squads of commandoes do we get??

?Um.? Rana-Morr checked a datapad and looked back up at him. ?Omega and Delta Squads.?

Kit was impressed. The Omega and Delta Squads of clone commandoes had busted a siege in the seedy underbelly of Coruscant itself about a year ago, demonstrating maximum efficiency. Furthermore, they had worked with the erratic Null-ARC black-ops troopers on the mission - a sound lesson in preparedness and creative thinking. Null-ARCs were, by all accounts, wildly unpredictable at the very least.

?What about our standard infantry?? Bant asked from her place at his side. [i]Force, I forgot she was even still here[/i], Kit berated himself.

Master Oppo Rancisis answered, ?You will have a compliment of 13,600 SCUBA clone troopers and 2,000 scout troopers, as well as two dozen ISP amphibious vehicles, a dozen [i]Saber[/i]-class fighter tanks, two full squadrons of attack gunships, and four squadrons of V-19 Torrent fighters.?

Kit nibbled at his green lower lip. ?An impressive fighting force,? he said.

?You?ll also b

24. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Wow this is great stuff you two, i'd like to be pm'd when you post more!

25. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    :D Necrosis actually isn't an OC, by the way...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.