main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga All in a Day's Work (ARC, Omega/Delta) - Update 12/29 Chapter 67

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kudzu, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Thanks. And I don't see why you wouldn't be on the PM list. Hell, I didn't even know we had one. :)

Who doesn't? ;) (looks at the endless amount of romance fics in the Sags forum) Oh, right.

2. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Carnage and chaos is good. I always like a well-written story with lots of explosions and battles. :p And from what I've read, your story has more than explosions and battles, (but not romance! :D), which makes it even better.

Seriously, I love what you guys have written so far. Could you add me to the PM list, please? [face_batting]

3. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Another great chapter, gentlemen.
    The last scene with A-51 in the dark was really well done. :D

4. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Great Post guys! i like this story alot keep it up! and keep pm'ing me when you have more!

5. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Right, Antilles is handling the next post, and then we'll get back on track until I leave for my little vacation.

6. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Well-written stores with lots of explosions and battles? You're in luck. ;) And I don't see why you can't be added to the List. Hey, Kudzu, since when have we had a List?

I've had that sequence in my head for quite awhile, now. :D It's one of those things I wish I could animate.

Sure. :)

7. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Since the first post; learn to read :p

8. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Learn to read? Hm. That'd help quite a lot, what with the writing-half-the-story thing. :p

9. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    I know! It's like totally invaluable. 8-}

10. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Speaking of which, maybe we should put the feared Rainbow Brigade this? The song "Vode An" would lose all its coolness, though. :p

11. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Excellent chapter, antilles. A 51 was so sneaky and he did some major butt-kicking.. I too like all the explosions and carnage.
    Well written butt-kicking....what more could a girl want. LOl

This is turning out to be a great story. More soon please.

12. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Thanks, Ma. :)

13. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    OK, I wasn't planning on writing this chapter, but Antilles2001 seems to have gone missing so I figured I'd go ahead and write this so the fic doesn't die or anything.

[b]Chapter 5[/b]
    By Kudzu

It was, even with the speed of the [i]Ossus[/i]' hyperdrive, a day-long trip to Asceplis. Kit hoped that Bant's ARC trooper would still be intact by the time they got there, along with the rescued ex-ruling family. He snorted to himself. He had had enough experience with ARC troopers to know that they didn't die easily.

Take A-98 "Jangotat" for instance. It had taken an orbital bombardment called in on top of his position, by himself, on purpose, to take him out. N-7 "Bendak", one of the now-infamous Null-ARCs, had single-handedly infiltrated an enemy battleship and blown it up from the inside out - only to "return from the dead" in time to tear up an entire battalion of battle droids on Remula-Cresh. A-66, who chose to go nameless, much like Bant's A-51, had been surrounded by almost two thousand battle droids during the raid on the Separatist supply facility in the clouds of Ord Ibanna and had somehow managed to escape, killed only when the Dark Jedi Master Sora Bulq had shown up.

Oh, yes. They were certainly hard to kill, all right.

He glanced over at Bant. Her huge silver-irised eyes were closed in peaceful meditation. Her lightsaber and a few of her other belongings floated serenely around her. Kit lived in the moment; meditation had never much suited him, yet at times he envied the peace that others could derive from it. He settled for soothing himself with the pheromones of calmness that his former Padawan exuded.

Kit tried to draw his conscious self away and let the Force take control of him, but it was a technique that he had never really perfected. Standing back up, he instead began to pace.

In truth, he was a little apprehensive about the mission. He didn't like that Chancellor Palpatine had decided to bypass the Senate in the insertion of A-51 on the moon Depudus. It didn't overly surprise him, but it was undemocratic. For a man who claimed to stand for democracy and professed to have devoted his life to freedom and liberty, Palpatine certainly seemed to disregard the Senate often enough. For a moment, he flirted with the idea of "accidentally" leaking to one of the Jedi-sympathetic Senators that Palpatine was continuing to go behind their backs to place commando and intelligence operatives into hostile territory. He rejected the notion. As much as he didn't like it, secrecy was probably necessary when it came to special operations like the Depudus extraction. The fewer who knew, the better - and Senators were all too easy to buy off in these days.

He drew his lightsaber, just to study its hilt design. He ran his clawed green fingers along its lines and depressions, then activated it. He swung it experimentally a few times, then turned it just to admire the purity of the blade. It was a vibrant green, producing a steady [i]thrum[/i] noise as it glowed. He switched it off and again examined the design of the hilt. The lightsaber had been specially modified to operate while submerged, as had Bant's. They would come in handy should they be needed to fight underwater on Asceplis, as the other Council Members clearly expected. He recalled the Battle of Mon Calamari, where he had destroyed a Quarren supercannon in the relatively shallow Sea of Mon Olna. He had led SCUBA troopers then, as well. Fighting underwater felt natural to him; he was amphibious, after all. He grinned. It was good to be Nautolan.

The engines of the great ship rumbled on through hyperspace. Soon there would be war.

The cyborg known as N-K "Necrosis" studied his own reflection in the simple glass mirror in his quarters. Unlike his master, General Grievous, Necrosis did not care for luxury. His quarters were plain: there was a socket to recharge his mechanical armor frame, a few desks stuffed full with flimsiplast memos and datapads that needed to be given to General Grievous, and the mirror. There wasn't

14. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
  15. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    Nice work Kudz, especially goin into N-K's "mind" and personal things.

16. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    That was good. Necrosis was an underling, and Grievous was the master. Where Grievous could not fight, Necrosis would - and Necrosis would destroy anything that opposed them. He was Grievous's fifth hand.

And his sixth. And his seventh. And his eighth

Ha ha, clever. I liked this part. [face_laugh]

Man this story is getting to be really good Kudzu and Antilles, I hope to see more of these guys. [face_praying]

17. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    This is my favorite chapter thus far...
    The characterization is really compelling and you do great job switching between the different perspectives.

Take A-98 "Jangotat" for instance.
    aw! Nate!

It was good to be Nautolan.
    hell yeah!

And his sixth. And his seventh. And his eighth.
    This was good paragraph establishing his background--very readable.

As usual Grievous needs to relax, sit back and appreciate life between killing Neimoidian crewmen. Poor guy needs a holiday and maybe an asthma inhaler.

keep up the good work!

18. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Good post Kudzu way to take up Antilles slack... hopefully he'll return and do the next post soon!

19. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Ceethreepio: I'm trying to give him a different feel than Grievous; is it working? [face_praying]

Aiden_Sanic: Don't worry...you will. [face_monkey]

oqidaun: Thank you! It was somewhat of a spontaneously written chapter with no real bearing on the story (because they're still in transit and Antilles2001 is mostly writing A-51 here), so I took the opportunity to get inside their heads a little. Necrosis's backstory is somewhat of a loose retcon between Rage of the Wookiees and the General Grievous comic miniseries. And I simply couldn't resist the opportunity to screw around with the poor Neimodians :D [face_devil]

Peagis: He hasn't been on the site for several days, and he didn't mention anything about leaving for a brief period of time. He hasn't responded to PMs and hasn't been on MSN Messenger...so I'm hoping that he's all right and that he'll be back soon. If not, I'll just play it by ear, but this story will be completed.

20. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Back from VA, guys and gals.

You may not believe me, but the internet connection at my grandparents' house was down. Freaking ridiculous. [face_plain] :rolleyes:

Well, I'm glad Kudzu took the initiative and wrote the next chapter without me.

Don't worry folks, A-51 will continue his ass-kickery first thing in the morning. And soon, the Republic Commandos shall enter. :)

21. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    How sad! Page 4.

22. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    Don't worry folks, A-51 will continue his ass-kickery first thing in the morning. And soon, the Republic Commandos shall enter.

:eek: :) :D

Well it's about time, I've been wondering when we'll see Delta squad, or Omega.

23. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Damn procrastination/chores... Anyway, almost done with the chapter, folks. Once I'm done I'll PM it to Kudzu, then you can continue to read well, all kinds of **** blowing up. :p

24. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Eeexcellent. I await this PM with interest.

25. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    *shakes fist*

Why I oughta...

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.