Saga All in a Day's Work (ARC, Omega/Delta) - Update 12/29 Chapter 67

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kudzu, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Antilles2001 Jedi Master

star 4
    At least I have the decency to kill mine off fairly quickly to avoid confusion. :p
  2. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Kudzu Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Antilles solution:

Go straight to kill, bypass character development

[face_shame_on_you]
  4. Antilles2001 Jedi Master

star 4
    There's only so much backstory I can cram into cannon fodder. This ain't LOST, after all. :p
  5. Kudzu Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I always thought that a Star Wars version of that would be kind of cool.
  6. Antilles2001 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, yeah, but all the lovably freaky crap that goes on in Lost--lethal clouds of smoke for instance--would lose their mysterious charm in such a uber sci-fi setting.

Not that I wouldn't mind a Desmond-esque fella to make it very clear that he'll see us in anutha loif.
  7. Revian Jedi Knight

star 1
    And for some odd reason I just got the mental image of Lando Calrissian saying that very line.

Followed by another mental image of Jango Fett doing the same while backed up by hundreds of clonetroopers.

It's amazing I can function with this crazy brain that seems to have planted itself into the empty space between my ears.

Revvy :D
  8. Kudzu Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Speaking of which, Season 3 looks like it's going to be another good one. And they're bringing Desmond back! Sans...underwear. Well, whoops.
  9. Revian Jedi Knight

star 1
    Poor, poor Desmond and his underwear...well, lack of it. But Season 3 does look exceptionally good. I can't wait for more!

Just like I can't wait for more of this fic! Exciting stuff, that.

Revvy :D
  10. Kudzu Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, you'll be happy to know that when Chapter 100 rolls around and we repost the entire 'fic in blocks of five chapters again, the narrative will be almost entirely contraction-free. Makes it look more professional, polished, see.
  11. CLONE4EVA Jedi Knight

star 1
    i have only watched 10 minutes of LOst in toal...during my whole life...and those 10 minutes i did see..i didnt like....so...from where i stand LOST is crap (no pun intended) ya all need to watch the new episododes of Rev vs Blue

as for new chapters..i wanty some of those..and i am willing to wait.....ai am also willing to pray for some heavy duty clone trooper action.

SUCK IT BLUES!!!!
  12. Kudzu Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_plain]

Not quite the same genre there, bucko.

Chapter 64 has had some headway made on it, but both Antilles2001 and I are pretty busy with other things right now. Hopefully, I can get it posted by tomorrow.
  13. CLONE4EVA Jedi Knight

star 1
    i am just expressing my love for the kickass show that is red vs blue...and the fact that drama shows like LOST is crap...oh and this thing is the pwnz

EDIT: i just noticed i ahve lots of PM`s from kudzu...STOP SENDING ME HATE MAIL DAMMIT!
  14. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Yo, man, calm down.

On a sidenote, here's something Antilles should find rather interesting... [face_whistling]
  15. Kudzu Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You are a very silly little man.

And Corran_Fett, you are a slightly less silly, considerably less little man.
  16. Kudzu Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay, all. It's short, but it's a chapter.

Chapter 64
    By Kudzu

Bant looked almost dour as the FX-7 medical droid probed at her injuries with its long, spindly arms. CT-6/544 "Lazarus" bandaged a crusty slash on her forearm, clucking his tongue softly as he checked the cracked brown scabs of dry blood around its edges. He pressed the edges of the bandage down against her skin to adhere it firmly and glanced up at Kit.

"She's taken a beating, General," he said. "Commendations on her training, if I may congratulate you myself, sir. An ordinary Calamarian female would be at a far higher pain threshold, taking her chemical balances into account."

"Don't congratulate me, Doctor Lazarus," Kit replied. "I'm not the one who's been dragged through two firefights and an explosion."

He nodded, back to scrutinizing another wound. "So you have not." His eyes darted up to Bant's before flickering back down to the process of spraying antiseptic onto an unlovely scrape on her wrist. "An exquisite performance, General, permitting the compliment. Jedi must be as tough as I have heard, indeed."

"Haven't treated Jedi before?" the Nautolan Master asked.

Lazarus frowned as he dressed the scrape with a thin wraparound bacta bandage. "A Padawan, I believe, sir, at Sarapin. The First Battle of Sarapin."

"Congratulations on making it off Sarapin alive, then." The First Battle of Sarapin had been a disaster for the Republic.

"Oh, I wasn't on Sarapin, General," he corrected, moving expertly to one of the gashes in Kit's former apprentice's side.

Kit was not finding himself to be overly enamored of the ship doctor and his impersonal, distant manner. "Where were you?"

"Cruiser Echelon, low orbit," he recounted as if by rote, still not glancing back in the Jedi Master's direction. "Two-fifty kilometers distant from Mount Corvast, eight hundred kilometers above planetary surface. Landed twelve minutes before General Tann scaled Corvast, eighteen minutes before final transmission from General Drakas. Twenty-one patients treated. Sixteen survived. Hypered out of battle zone twenty minutes after final transmission from Mount Corvast Citadel. One of four out of seventeen CR-Forties to survive. Lost the commander, lost Westfall, lost Forty-Two." At last, he looked back towards Kit, but only for a moment before turning his attention back to a cut above one of Bant's large eyes. "The First Battle of Sarapin was a complete and total catastrophe."

He absorbed the information in silence, not bothering to ask how the clone had possibly memorized all of those statistics. "Do you remember the name of the Padawan?"

Lazarus remained focused on his work. "I apologize, General Fisto, but it has slipped my memory."

Kit scratched his head.

"We have the position of the island base," Commander Toy reported. "Latitude is twelve degrees, twenty-eight minutes, and thirteen seconds south, longitude is one hundred thirty degrees, fifty-one minutes, and five seconds east, about sixty kilometers distant at sixty-seven degrees. North-northwest from ship prow. Island, henceforth to be referred to as Aurek Island, is approximately circular, with a diameter of about point-nine kilometers."

"That's great," said Captain Admirison distractedly, having been only half-listening to the clone trooper's briefing. "Put it on a map or something and show it to the Jedi. How long do you suppose that we have before Ossus falls under attack, Commander?"

"From Separatist forces, Captain?"

Admirison was about to say something very sarcastic and degrading, but realized that - considering the recent attack by creatures from the deep - the clone's question was valid. "Yes, Commander. From Separatist forces."

"Yes, Captain. I just wished to clarify." Toy straightened even further, which Admirison had imagined to be impossible, but admired nonetheless. "It is difficult to say whether Aurek Island has been alerted to our position at this time, but it seems probable that ORC satellites in orbit would have relay/>
  17. correllian_ale Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice display of clones single-minded training and behavior, and ironic bedside manner from the clone doctor. :p

My guess is the Seperatist commander was testing to see if the vulture droids could be coordinated through the use of the ORC satellite...but that's just me.

Aye, short; but still cool.

=D=
  18. Kudzu Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually, remember Aerospace policy? The ORC imaging has to be confirmed by an independent scout...Scovus's order hasn't gotten to the island base yet. ;)

Glad you liked! :D
  19. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    I insist on the "considerably less little", here... [face_plain]

o_O No comment, here....^^

Interesting name-giving, here. [face_mischief]

Do you really need to show it every single time you can that you hate those poor creatures called clone troopers?! [face_tired]

Still, interesting thing with Lazarus, and great writing, there. [face_peace]

[face_laugh] Sorta blackbox recording, eh? Just with the "pilot's" "thoughts"... :p

Nice new chapter, and despite being short, it's great as usual! =D=

Keep it up, lads, and let's hope Antilles'll be back to business, soon...

Oh, and Kudzu (and Mig, too, of course), you're still owing me some feedback, elsewhere... [face_whistling]:p

Just kidding, nevermind ;)
  20. Kudzu Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :oops:

I completely forgot, man. I've been so busy...

I'll get on that as soon as I can, but might not be until this evening (board time). So sorry [face_blush]
  21. CLONE4EVA Jedi Knight

star 1
    kudzu.please clarify what you meant by that [face_tired]

great post..and that sort of clone action is EXACTLY what i find ass kicking!!
  22. amidalachick Force Ghost

star 5
    He absorbed the information in silence, not bothering to ask how the clone had possibly memorized all of those statistics. "Do you remember the name of the Padawan?"

Lazarus remained focused on his work. "I apologize, General Fisto, but it has slipped my memory."

I'm going to guess Lazarus isn't really a people person.

LOL at the vulture droid's error message. Nice work, Kudzu! [face_peace]
  23. Antilles2001 Jedi Master

star 4
    Halo fanfiction contest entry: submitted. [face_dancing] (with help from the great, nameless Kudzu)

Anyway, yeah, I'll still do my clone thang.

And Mr. 4EVA, you just gotta think about your logic. Let's say I watch 10 minutes of RvB and it turns out to from the less-than-funny parts. 10 minutes out of, what, 300+ minutes at this point?

Same applies to Lost, which is a drama interlaced with fantasy elements--not a machinima about two somewhat incompetent armies duking it out in a box canyon. Okie day?

And Dave, I can really relate to some of the folks in that procrastination thread... [face_blush]
  24. CLONE4EVA Jedi Knight

star 1
    are you dissing RvB?.....i sure hope not!! (and im not a big fan of drama, im the guy that likes learning about great WW1-2 battles)
  25. Antilles2001 Jedi Master

star 4
    Heh. You remind me of me from a few months ago. To each his own.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.