main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga All in a Day's Work (ARC, Omega/Delta) - Update 12/29 Chapter 67

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kudzu, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Looking forward to more mayhem.
    Have a safe trip Kudzu--hopefully you won't return and discover that Antilles2001 has turned this into a Destiny's Child songfic.

Anxiously awaiting Ch7

2. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    If he does, I'll just have to send Bendak, A-51, A-75, and Gamma Squad to his house, then call an air-raid with ARC-170s and LAAT/b gunship bombers. 8-}

3. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Kudzu: In which of your fics does N-7 (your Null-ARC) show up? I'm very interested in how you managed writing a new type of clone on that we have nearly no info.

And have a nice vacation :)

4. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I just caught up on all the chapters posted so far, and this fierfek was amazing. I thought that HARD CONTACT was awesome, though I haven't played the game, I assume Delta Squad originates from there? The reference to TRIPLE ZERO was a nice touch, and a good way to give us an idea where this falls chronologically. You guys really have a good handle on the Clone Characters.

I loved the princess vespa reference BTW, although I have to admit i couldn't place it until my mail notification went off...
    "Dear me what's those things coming out of her nose...spaceballs! oh $*@#, there goes the planet!"

And thanks for the Dramatis Personae @ the begining, it's a good reference to have if readers like me get confused.

I hope when the commandos arrive, you'll delve into their individual personalities as time allows...

5. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Don't worry, bud. Shame I'm going to blow up-ify so much crap up while you're away. ;)

A-51: Yea yea yea.... I gotta rifle and I wanna shoot you so nice tonight...
    Delta Squad: So nice tonight!
    Omega Squad: Oooooo...
    A-51: I gotta kama and it's swaying for YOU, baby...
    Delta Squad: For YOU!

(ahem)

No worries, folks. Too much green tea for me.

No problem. (dons MJOLNIR Mark VI suit)

I was really surprised nobody caught on the Spaceballs reference with Vespa's name. I'll admit it, the only reason I put her in the story was for the blatant, cheap laugh from the Spaceballs reference of "Princess Vespa". Besides that, she really has no plot-importance whatsoever. :p

Hard Contact is about Omega Squad, who work with Delta Squad in this fic (and in the upcoming Triple Zero novel). Delta Squad has a few lil' bits in the book, however.

And yeah, when the RC's come, they get an obligatory badass entrance, so no worries.

Also, for those of you who prefer the deep angst/philosophy of clone fics, don't worry about that either. Y'see, action is SO much easier to write than that stuff, so it's a nice break from the emotionally impactful crap I'm used to writing. (ie: my collection of RC vignettes) But I'll get back to that stuff very, very soon.

Chapter 7's on the way, expect more crap blow up-ifying.

6. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Bendak hasn't featured yet. You can expect a vignette or two with him as soon as I can get my hands on some more good Null-ARC information.

Oh, and guys? You gotta keep this out of the double-digit depths of The Saga while I'm gone. [face_laugh]

7. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    No problem. Chapter 7 should be up in less than an hour.

8. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Chapter 7's done. I'm hoping Kudzu's still online to see my PM.

9. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Chapter 7
    By Antilles2001

The Republic has finally come. King Asap took a deep breath, preparing to rally the twenty-four others in the small cottage. My chance for redemption.

?Everyone! Stay calm! The Republic has sent their soldiers; we are saved!?

A chorus of joyous cheers was the King?s reply. An elderly man approached the King. It was Tuimo, loyal servant of the ruling family of Asceplis. His old, weary eyes were a true testament to the wisdom he possessed from age. Lines formed around the corners of his smile.

He saw Vespa in a fetal position, sobbing quietly. Her hands tightly shut around her ears, a vain attempt to drown out the blaster fire and screams of pain outside. Tears away cleaned lines of dirt on her face. Tuimo walked over and put his hand on her head.

?Ssh, ssh, it?s okay Miss Vespa. The Republic has finally come to save us. It?ll all be over soon.?

?C-can you sing for me, please?? Vespa said. ?Like when I was little??

?Of course,? Tuimo said with his ever-lasting smile. He started to sing - in the ancient Asceplian tongue - of the old fable of the White Knights.

When all is lost
    When the Light dims to nothing

They will come
    They will come

When evil runs rampant
    When the Darkness consumes all

They will come
    They will come

The White Knights shall rise from the shining seas
    And reclaim the Light.

Vespa smiled and gave Tuimo a warm hug.

Tuimo, still holding Vespa, turned to face the King. ?Your Majesty, how many men did you see, sir??

?One.?

Tuimo laughed. ?I apologize, Your Majesty. I thought I heard you say 'one'.?

The guard stood there in terrified shock as A-51 stepped forward with his gauntlets still stained by the blood of his friends. The guard quickly shoved his hand inside his jacket. Not so fast, scumbag! the ARC trooper thought savagely, lunging his hands forward.

The man fell to his knees, grasping his opened throat with bloody hands. With a gurgle, he slumped over dead. The alcohol staining A-51?s visor was cleaned off by a scrolling beam with a gentle vvmmmm.

He reached into the dead guard?s jacket to see what he was reaching for. Instead of a weapon, he found a simple, hand-held holoprojector. He switched it on, and the image of a beautiful woman and a little girl winked on an inch above the device.

The woman crouched next to the girl. She leaned in close and appeared to be whispering something. Then she pointed at the camera and the little girl made a big, toothy grin. She made an enthusiastic wave, then said in a squeaky, little-girlish voice, ?I love you, Daddy!?

The image then snapped off.

More often than not, A-51?s expression matched the stiff, grim stare of his helmet. But now, his eyes slightly widened in shock. In war, the man in the other uniform was the enemy. One must kill the enemy to survive and win. Simple. One never knew of the loved ones that missed the man in the other uniform. Even though he was aware that everyone had a life outside the military, it wasn?t something to dwell upon.

It made one hesitate to kill and that is absolutely unacceptable in a war. All the clones were bred to never hesitate to kill, so that was never a problem. But they were allowed to think creatively; they could observe their actions like any other normal person, even though they weren?t normal at all. A-51 remained standing there, still holding a regular hand-held holoprojector.

You did your job - your duty, he reassured himself. He was a hostile, an enemy. If you didn?t kill him first, you?d be dead. All the other men you killed in your life were no different. They may be husbands, sons, or fathers, but did it ever impact you? No. So why should this man be any different? A-51 nodded to himself, clearing away the guilt. But he knew deep down he was just trying to get it out of his head. Get on with it. Stop thinking and get on with it.

He assumed his role as a killing machine once more. Without thinking, he raised his rifle and shot down a guard i

10. Krayus_Korianis

Krayus_Korianis Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    Wow....impressive post. PM me again? :D

11. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    Man, A-51 is freaking awesome, love that Terminator line at the end. :cool:

But is this gonna be one of those stories where the big mean killer gets to be nice in the end? I couldn't help but notice that when A-51 killed that guard with the family. Don't tell me he's gonna get soft. [face_not_talking]

But all in all, I'm loving this story with every post, can't wait till we see da Commando's [face_praying]

12. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I'm loving it. A-51 truly is an army of one. I can't get enough of that guy.

That scene with the holo-image of the little girl was particularly moving. A reminder that the bad guys aren't always so bad and that the clones aren't mindless automations without feeling.

But is this gonna be one of those stories where the big mean killer gets to be nice in the end? I couldn't help but notice that when A-51 killed that guard with the family. Don't tell me he's gonna get soft

[face_laugh] I was thinking the same thing, but something tells me A-51 is just getting started. He'll have time for reflection after he wipes everybody out.

Great work, Antilles.

13. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    ARC troopers aren't nice. [face_skull]

14. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Phew, thats a relief. Thanks Kudzu. :D

15. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    "Come with me if you want to live" HAHAHA and homage?

16. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    I'm so glad, I was worried the utterly blatant Terminator reference would be over-the-top. :) Will he get soft? Well, just be patient, A-51 is no Riddick. ;) (Seriously, A-51 is a clone of Jango Fett. You do the math.)

As for the Republic Commandos, don't you worry about them. Gotta give Mr. 51 his time in the spotlight.

Oh course. Oh hey, your comment was TWO sentences this time. :p

Again, remember they're Fett boys. They'll boom-ify, shoot-ify, stab-ify, and just overall pwn-ify you several times before your corpse (what's left of it) hits the ground. :cool:

No spoilers, Kudzu! :p ;)

Yup. Next thing you know A-51 will be saying:

"Say... That's a nice bike." :p

17. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Chapter VIII
    By Kudzu

?My steak is too rare,? King Eicig the First grumbled irritably.

The royal servant bowed and said apologetically, ?I am sorry, Your Majesty. Shall I have the chef put it on for a little while longer??

Eicig?s eyes narrowed. ?On what?? he asked.

?On the grill, Your Majesty. Shall I send your plate back??

?Back where??

?To the kitchens, Your Majesty, so that your steak can be done a little more.?

?Excuse me, ?done?? What does that entail, exactly?? the king demanded.

?Made less rare, Your Majesty. Cooked more on the inside.?

Eicig waved his hand. ?Take it back to the kitchens and have the chef grill it until it?s actually done,? he ordered. ?And be quick, or I?ll have both your heads!?

The servant bobbed his head furiously. ?As you wish, Your Majesty.? He picked up the plate and bore it swiftly back into the palace kitchens.

The King of Asceplis sighed and looked over at his wife, Viktot (the First). ?These idiots,? he complained loudly. ?I?ll bet they didn?t bumble around when my cousin was on the throne.?

She patted his arm, which was draped in a heavy, thick fur robe. ?Now, now, dear,? she said reprovingly. ?Your cousin?s servant refused to serve us, remember??

Eicig took a swig from his mug of malt beer, which he had to admit was decent. ?Hope he?s dead,? he growled. ?This moron couldn?t do a worse job.?

As if on cue, the servant popped out from the kitchen doors, steaming plate in his hands. ?I apologize for the delay, Your Majesty,? he said, setting the plate down in front of his king. ?The chef also wishes to apologize for his -?

?Leave me,? Eicig snapped. ?Go find other duties about the palace to attend to until I summon you again.?

He bowed. ?As you wish, Your Majesty,? he said again before hurrying away.

?Incompetent buffoons,? the monarch seethed. ?If I had known that the service would be this terrible, I might not have overthrown Asap in the first place.?

?Don?t say that,? Viktot chided.

Eicig stood up so suddenly that the table jerked and spilled his mug of beer all over it. ?I?ll say whatever I want to, woman!? he roared, face ruddy. He glanced angrily over at a nearby aide and beckoned emphatically. ?Come clean this up!? he spat. ?And I will have a word with the palace artisan about this table?s design!?

?Shall I summon him, Your Majesty?? another aide asked timidly as the one that Eicig had called over quickly mopped up the spilled liquid.

?Not now,? the king snapped. ?And will you hurry up?? he added, glaring ferociously at the poor aide cleaning up the mess. ?I haven?t got all day. I?m a busy man! Faster!?

The aide bowed, looking terrified out of his wits, and rushed away to dispose of the beer-soaked cleaning cloth. Eicig dumped his overweight self back into his chair. ?That was all your fault,? he said, pointing an accusing finger at the queen.

Viktot gave him a cold glare in response. ?You mustn?t lose your temper like that,? she retorted. ?It?s unbecoming of a ruler.?

?I?m the king - I can do whatever I want!? Eicig snarled.

His wife continued to icily stare him down, and Eicig looked away before she did. He could still feel her sea-grey eyes boring into his thick neck. He jerked around back to face her. ?Quit staring at me, woman!?

?Oh, behave!? Viktot hissed. ?You?re acting like a spoiled adolescent.?

Eicig snorted. ?Hardly,? he growled. ?I?m acting like the king. I don?t like being challenged, especially by my own wife!?

?And what are you going to do about it?? she demanded harshly.

He considered. ?I could have you beheaded,? he said finally. ?I could assemble the planet?s worth of young women and select a bride from them.?

?You wouldn?t,? Viktot said challengingly.

He stared back at her, but as usual, he was the first to look away. ?Oh, fine,? he said grumpily. ?I don?t know why I keep you around.?

?I do.?

?And what is - oh, never mind.? He sawed off a piece of steak and chewed it furiously. ?This isn?t tender enough,? he gasped after choking it down. He ra

18. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    *cradles fic in arms*

Don't worry, Kudzu--

(thud)

Oh, ****! (picks it back up) I'll take good care of it. :)

EDIT- 117th post!!! Whooo!!!

[image=http://www.nutang.com/papagoya/upload/gallery/7189/just_cool/master%20chief.jpg]

19. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    Nice work Kudz, I guess the King likes his meat cooked and red wine. I could actually feel as if I was watching the king say this stuff.

20. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    I'm loving every bit of this story, from the explosions to the awesome characters. I think my favorite part so far is where A-51 finds the holo in the guard's jacket. That was so sad!

Really excellent work, you two! =D= And thank you for the PM's!

21. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Nice chapter! Though I must say, the King is going to have to go. I thought maybe he'd choke on the steak [face_laugh]

22. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Oh, the rich and obnoxious dude in any story always gets it one way or another. To have him live to see the words "The End" would be like not killing Jar Jar in RoTS.

Oh, wait...

23. Krayus_Korianis

Krayus_Korianis Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    PM me again=D= Breathtaking work by you both

24. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Nice new chapter, Antilles. I liked the bit of philosophy in it, and the action was good as usual.
    But I noticed the bit of violence in all of it, and you should edit the first post with at least a PG-13-Rating, if not even a R-Rating.

Seriously, A-51 is more and more becoming a cool badass. Even if the similarity to Terminator is a bit diskliked by me, to be honest. But anyway, keep it up.

I don't know exactly why, but I don't like your new chapter too much, Kudzu. Maybe it's because of the absence of action and clones. I don't really know.

I'm anxiuosly awaiting the show-up of the Commandos. I guess our cold-blooded A-51 will find a friend in our beloved psycho Sev. :D

What a pity :eek: - I'm working on a rogue ARC to be a Riddick-like char. Yet it hasn't worked very well, but I'm on it ;)

25. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    so when does this take place cause at the end or RC Sev died...or at least it was implied he did

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.