main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga All in a Day's Work (ARC, Omega/Delta) - Update 12/29 Chapter 67

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kudzu, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Avance, Drusvop, Marku, and Misa scrambled up the fire escape to take reconnaissance positions on the top floor within the cracked dome of the defunct Museum of Ideas.

Is that a comment on the state of life in Minscinius/Asclepis/the Republic? Or just an unintentionally (or intentionally) comical line? :p

Some nice action, and then we get the founding of the Church of A-51. Very cool. I like all the legend-type stuff.

He smiled grimly, chasing away the fragments in his mind. "They can't kill the revolution. Spread the word."

:cool:

Great work!

2. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Yep.

Oh good. :)

Thanks for reading! :D

3. CLONE4EVA

CLONE4EVA Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2006
    been some time, what did i miss?

oh...no new chapters...no new nothing

4. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
  5. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    I'm waiting for Antilles to finish Chapter 67. I wrote the first half, now...

6. CLONE4EVA

Jul 4, 2006
    .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

7. Revian

Revian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2006
    Antilles, Antilles...

I tsk in your general direction. ;)

Hopefully he'll have it written and posted soon. I need my boys in white to make this Christmas break incredibly good.

Merry Christmas all!

Revvy :D

8. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Never fear, folks. Chapter ought to be sent to Kudzu sometime tonight.

9. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
  10. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    I feel kinda bad because I haven't read this in a long time but I must say the last chapter is NICE! Just wish my writing turned out as well, lol. But keep on writing and let the guys in the white and grey take care of everythin.

11. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Okay, sorry about that folks. Chapter should seriously be up tonight.

12. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Sorry about that, folks.

Chapter 67

By Antilles2001 and Kudzu

"My legs aren't getting sore at all, lead," Fi said bitterly as the buildings that Omega Squad, tailed closely by Chron and Novan, raced past were speckled with pockmarks and burns from the blasterfire barrage intended to bring them down. Their footsteps echoed splashily around the alley, and the helmet comlinks automatically boosted their volume, both internally and externally, to compensate.

Niner fired over the heads of a rabble of ragged, filthy vagabonds squabbling over an overturned hoversled filled with military rations; only about half of them scattered, while the rest were either too absorbed in the battle for food or just desperate enough to stay despite the risk of being blasted in the crossfire.

Instead of going towards the heart of Minscinius, Omega Squad was fleeing further north through the port district of the city. They were cut off from behind and the superior numbers of the forces occupying Minscinius were pushing them onward. Hopefully, Captain A-51 was faring better with his unit than Niner was with Omega. It did not typically get much worse than being outnumbered and blindly retreating through alien territory.

If you're going to drop into hell, Kal Skirata had once told him, at least go in with good intel.

Ni ceta, Kal'buir, he apologized silently as he shot back at their pursuers.

"Keep it moving!" he yelled, even though the headset would have compensated adequately if he had only whispered the words. Chron and Novan might not have noticed, but when someone yelled over a helmet frequency when they didn't need to, such subtle thing spoke volumes about one's state of mind.

He heard a yelp from Novan and instinctively looked over his shoulder to check on the only unarmored member of their party. She was hopping away from a bubbling patch of water flash-boiled by a blaster bolt.

"Just keep moving," Atin snapped, probably said more to himself than to the now-limping Novan. "Keep going."

Two full squads of battle droids and a handful of uniformed Asceplian Army soldiers was only about thirty meters behind Novan and Chron, who were bringing up the rear. He began to worry about Novan's endurance. The woman was probably not used to running at full tilt for extended periods of time, and she was not in particularly top physical shape. She was not grossly overweight, by any means, but she was solidly built and fairly short. He estimated her age at around thirty-five standard years, which was neither very old nor extremely young. She was an average Human female, and this was not a particularly average action for the average Human female to be undertaking.

Adrenaline was a miraculous thing-biochemistry had always been a favorite subject of Niner's in the limited science curriculum that Skirata had taught them-but it would not be enough to keep Novan running for half as long as the commandos were capable of going. He had to find a way to lose them or beat them soon, or he would be forced to give up a potentially invaluable guide.

The small team could only thrive upon the precious element of surprise for so long; the enemy's shock had long since subsided and now the tables were swiftly turned: on the defensive, they could do nothing more than run and hide.

His audio receptors picked up a distinctive whine, transferred it into his earpieces. It sounded unmistakably like the repulsorlift engines of a landspeeder, and it was probably unfriendly. Amidst his team's blaster fire, he tried hard to focus on the single sound to confirm its direction.

"That doesn't sound good," said Fi.

As if on cue, a scratched but still well-armed military land speeder, a Champion combat repulsorcraft such as those common on other Mid Rim worlds, turned around a corner ahead of them and screamed towards the group, its two forward repeating blaster turrets spitting plasma fire.

A rear repeating blaster, controlled from the forward cockpit, fired up into the air in its wake

"Cover!"

All of them

13. CLONE4EVA

Jul 4, 2006
    that alone made this a very good day to wake up...

14. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    ah nothin like a battle to wake up a person before they have to head to work.

15. Revian

Jan 30, 2006
    Ooo, very good battle scene. Really makes my afternoon more enjoyable. I needed the 'splosions, ;).

16. CLONE4EVA

Jul 4, 2006
    Revian...i note by your sig that you watch RvB....

if you were female i would hug *tear*

17. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Um, Revian's a girl. And PMs are only a scroll away...

18. CLONE4EVA

Jul 4, 2006
    *smacks self* felt like alittle spam, will not happen again oh antilles. *goes down in prayer*

19. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    A lot of the universe is just luck, Skirata had said, but it only takes a little of the universe to kill you. Hoping you'll get lucky is all well and good, but you're fodder if you don't have a plan in case you don't.

That's good advice.

Awesome, action-packed chapter! I loved Niner's escapade with the speeder. :D

Great work, guys. =D=

20. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Happy New Year, y'lovable bastards. [:D]

21. Revian

Jan 30, 2006
    Aww, I'm considered lovable! Don't know whether I should take offense at the bastard part, though. :p

Happy New Year to you all as well!

22. CLONE4EVA

Jul 4, 2006
    happy new year!!

23. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Wow! Great, intense action!

Some nice little flashbacks with Kal too.

Sir, I think we have to fall back," Fi said, unnaturally serious.

Across the open space, Niner saw Atin walking backwards while dragging Chron's body with one hand and firing in bursts at the hip with the other. With that image etched in his mind, Niner swiveled around his cover and decapitated a droid with a single shot. "Negative, commando."

Excellent machismo!!!:D

24. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
  25. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Sorry lads, I should've dropped by earlier... [face_blush]

Great chapter, very intense action. It's a pity Chron had to die, but it was only a matter of time, after all. What I really liked is that you didn't pull off a heroic last stand for him--the way he died seemed very plausible and normal, very well showing the fate of a usual trooper in battle. I also liked the quotes by Kal.

Good job as usual, lads, looking forward to the next one! [face_peace]

Keep it up, Kudzu and Mig! [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.