main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga All in a Day's Work (ARC, Omega/Delta) - Update 12/29 Chapter 67

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kudzu, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    ?That flamethrower looks like a pretty old model. I wonder if that fuel tank is armored.?
    I knew with that line things were about to get roasty.

Viktot! Argh. Kill him, sloooooowly.

Great work, gents.

2. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Sev got MIA, not KIA (Missed in Action, Killed in Action) - it's quite sure that he survived... at least if you follow Ryan Kaufman's statements to that matter.

AFAIK, All in a Day's Work takes place 2 years and 4 (?) months after the Battle of Geonosis. And as we know, does RC go over to the movie. The Kashyyyk campaign takes place dircetly before RotS, so about 3 years ABoG (After the Battle of Geonosis).

3. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    Hooray, another post! :D

I like the Kings character, I hope we see more of his mean side. [face_devil]

Keep up with the posting. :cool:

4. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Thank you. :)

Well, it's not too graphic, so I doubt it. As for Sev and Mr. 51... Be patient. :p

Eh, I don't really like Riddick. He's cool and all, but I lost all my respect for him with CoR. Crappy movie and it uses the "chosen one" cliche. Personally, making Riddick a "chosen one" character really took away from his coolness. Same problem with the Mummy sequel. You have a cool, 'little brother to Indiana Jones'-esque character in the first film, then they ruin that with the whole chosen one crap. [/rant]

You don't like Kudzu's chapter because it's supposed to make you hate Eicig as much as possible. ;)

It takes place two years after Geonosis. Which is before Delta Squad's mission on Kashyyyk. Sev didn't die, he went MIA. 99% chance that Delta Squad simply rescued him once they were ordered back to the planet.
    No, Viktot is Eicig's wife. And slowly killing him isn't enough. But it'll be fun doing so. :)

You actually like Eicig? I'll make sure I tell Kudzu. Apparently he's not enough of an ******* for you. :p

5. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I've caught up on the past two posts and I'm glad you're pushing it in the right direction. It's good to show the clones in a moment of reflection, esp. since we're all counting on A-51 to "off" his highness, he can have a comparison of when to feel remorse and when not to. Plus I hope Eicig goes out begging for his life, it's more fitting than him trying to be indignant in accepting his death.

Can't wait for the next post you two!

6. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Right direction? What's the wrong one? o_O

And for now, it's all me. So it's just going to be philosophy and **** blow up-ifying until next Monday.

As for Eicig, he won't be killed. He becomes one of Jabba's slave dancers and is actually the one who wears the gold bikini first.

:p

7. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    :mad::mad::mad:

DAMNIT!

I get 75% typing through Chapter 9, I'm totally on a roll, then BAM. "Microsoft Words Processor needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Blargh!

:mad:

Well. What was going to be up in like, a few minutes will be posted later tonight. Stupid computer.

8. Aiden_Sanic

Jun 25, 2005
    Awwwww, say it aint so. :_|

Well at least I'll get a new one tonight.

9. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Chapter 9
    By Antilles2001

The residents of the burning cottage were frozen in fear. Before them stood a tall, ominous man who seemed to be immune to the flames. He was ablaze from the shoulders up, which outlined a flaming ?T? in the center of his face. Dried blood was splattered on several parts of his chest. With the burning doorway as his background, he was all the more menacing. He looked very much like a demon.

Even old Tuimo the servant was afraid. But what he wasn?t afraid of was sacrificing himself for the safety of the ruling family.

Tuimo looked on in confusion as his King was dragged away by two strong men.

?What? What is happening?? he asked.

Eicig, King Asap?s cousin, casually strode up to the throne. With a devilish, satisfied smile, he sat down in the decadent chair.

?Oh, I?m just?? he looked down at the floor for a moment, searching for the right word. ?
    replacing Asap. I am now the ruler of Asceplis. Now fetch me some wine, old man.?

Tuimo couldn?t believe it.
    Master Asap? Usurped? Betrayed by his own blood? He nodded to himself, knowing his duty as a loyal Asceplian. He would remain loyal to the King. The true King.

?Well? What are you waiting for, servant? Fetch me some wine, now!?

Never. Tuimo balled his hands into fists.

?No,? he said coldly.

Eicig rolled his eyes and scoffed. ?Such heroic nonsense. So be it.? He pulled out a blaster and aimed it at the older man. Tuimo set his jaw and walked towards Eicig. He pulled the barrel of the blaster toward him and pressed it against his chest. He stared directly into Eicig?s eyes, with the younger man?s nose an inch away from his.

?I would sooner die before I serve a petty traitor like you.?

His grin faded. His face contorted as he stuttered, searching for a stinging comeback. Before he could, Tuimo spoke up again.

?What?s wrong? You can betray your own blood, your own King, but you can?t murder one of his servants??

A-51 wasn?t worried that his helmet was on fire. His armor could easily stand up to small weapons fire, concussion blasts, the vacuum of space and then some. A small fire would do nothing more than leave a few streaks of black on his helmet and shoulder plates.

He looked at each face in the room, trying to find the members of the ruling family. He was given pictures of them from Intel, but with all the grime and dirt on their faces, they barely looked different from one another. He raised an eyebrow, confused. They were all quiet, barely moving despite the fire. Even though he had just kicked in an exit for them, none moved. Fine, be that way.

He came upon a man holding a young boy and a teenage girl. He assumed that was King Asap and his children. The two weeks had certainly put them all in shape; they were all skinny from malnutrition and hard labor. Even the King, who had once been a slightly obese man was now relatively trim.

He took a step towards them and everyone flinched. He extended a hand to them.

?Come with me if you want to live,? A -51 hissed.

They didn?t move. They just stayed there, staring at him in with wide eyes, huddled together as an old man coughed and coughed. Probably didn?t hear me over the fire.

?You?re going to die here,? he shouted as a piece of the roof crashed down, harmlessly hitting an empty space. ?If you don?t follow me!?

For some reason, that made them even more scared as the teenage girl started to tremble. The boy didn?t seem to be afraid, however. He looked as if he amazed at the sight of the ARC trooper, with his mouth open in awe. He snapped his gaze to the old man.

What are they so afraid of?

With his old age, Tuimo?s heart wasn?t as in as good condition as it used to be. Every week, he was given medicine to make sure he was able to work in the mines. After all, a sick slave was useless. He started coughing. The smoke in the room wasn?t helping.

?Tuimo?? Yucky whispered, concerned.

?Oh,? he whispered back be

10. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    At the begining of this I was sitting around leisurely enjoying, waiting for the Clone Commandos to show up, but now I've all but forgotten about them. ARC-51 is really bad-a**, they may show up and be bored... ;)

I can't wait for Chapter 10.

11. Krayus_Korianis

Krayus_Korianis Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    How are you so good? PM again

12. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Well, like I said, just gotta give A-51 his moment in the sun so the RCs get their time as well. :)

13. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    Nice, fire, hhehehe...

14. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Wow, that sure is some nice, well-written feedback, Mike. [face_tired] :p

15. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    well that was interesting i hope they dont just continue to all stand their and become royally roasted in that fire

16. Aiden_Sanic

Jun 25, 2005
    Noooo! Not Tumio, he seemed to be a nice old man. :_|

Well, at least A-51 aint soft about it.

Sith happens, old man. Not my fault you had a bad heart. He was dimly aware that he was using cold apathy as a form of denial for his guilt, but he didn?t care. He had all the time to reflect upon his actions once he was done.

Nicely done. [face_skull] ;)

Can't wait for more of this Antilles 2001.

17. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Huh?

Belive it or not, but the idea of a clone on fire (in my head it was going to be an RC) giving an old man a heart attack sparked the rest of the plot for the fic. I had that old vignette idea in my head for awhile when I asked him if he wanted to do a co-op clone fic.

He agreed, and when we were working out what to do with the plot, I remember the old man vignette idea, and everything was sparked off that lil' thing. Funny how things work out, no? :p

18. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    [image=http://afigures.com/b/Owned.jpg]

Bah. Stupid pic don't work. Here's the regular link: http://afigures.com/b/Owned.jpg

19. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    I would never have called A-51 flaming, but you wrote it. ;)

A-51 on fire, I really liked the imagery.
    It was unexpected and you did a really admirable job showing the scene from two POVs.

20. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Thanks. :) Poor Tuimo. Old badass dies from a heart attack. Oh well.

21. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
  22. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Nice job, again.
    The different POVs are well made, and the fact that A-51 seems to be devil for the shocked slaves is nice. Even tho the death of Tuimo was imo unnecessary.

But anyway, I want the Deltas ans Omegas to show up. Now! [face_not_talking]

:p

23. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Thanks, bud. :) About Tuimo, in retrospect, I can see where you're coming from, and I now have a good spot for him at the end of the story, but it's a bit too late, no? :p In any case, I guess you're right. But he's dead, so yeah.

And about the Omegas and Deltas, I promise they'll be around before Kudzu comes back. ;)

24. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
  25. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Up! *g*

You have to hurry up, pal. It's not long 'till Kudzu comes back :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.