main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga All In a Day's Work: Clone Wars era; Mace Windu, OC's; Ridiciously Specific Challenge response

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rogue_Pilot_2347, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    This was written for Fluff Slayer's 11th ridiciously specific challenge, which required an evil ghost narrator, among many other things. Enjoy!

Title: All In a Day's Work
    Author: Rogue Pilot 2347
    Timeframe: Between AotC and RotS
    Characters: Mace Windu; OC's
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Mr. Lucas, and I'm eternally grateful to him for letting me play around with his universe.

ALL IN A DAY'S WORK

Impossible, you say? I think not. A Sith from Meridi is not nearly as impossible as it might seem. Quite probable, in fact. I should not exist, otherwise.

Should not have existed, I should say, for I ChVngshlu, Lord of the Sith, am dead these thousand years - killed by a lowly padawan in the heart of the galaxy.

Contrary to tradition, my unappeased spirit haunts not the place of my death, but the place of my birth - a tiny, insignificant blot on the galactic map called Meridi.

Though a mere shade of my former self, I will succeed at what I failed before. I, ChVngshlu will rule the galaxy.

The star Exiu rose in a wash of vibrant color, bathing everything in an eerie orange light. On an abandoned field, silhouetted against the brightness of the sky, was a stunted creature - a mockery of everything that is good, and lovely - and something?else. A translucent form, vaguely reminiscent of the grey-skinned, humanoid Arachani of Exiu II. Still visible on its face were the blue tribal markings, though they were almost covered by tattoos of other colors, for a Sith - even a dead one - was far above the average tribal leader.

?What do you want of me?? the living one demanded in a harsh, discordant voice. ?Who are you??

?Patience, patience,? the shade soothed in a deep, slightly accented voice. ?You will know all in time. Be content to know that I am ChVngshlu.?

The cripple lowered his brows in an effort to pronounce the name.

ChVngshlu laughed. ?However, if you desire power beyond your wildest dreams, you may call me ?Master?, and meet me outside the city walls in two hours.?

?Tell me again why I?m here, instead of at the lab, trying to find a cure for Cell Mutation Disorder*?? Vos sat miserably in an undersized, overstuffed chair, holding a teacup - pinky extended, as instructed by his colleague?s five-year-old niece.

?Because,? replied Britna, sipping the disgusting combination of milk and warm water. ?Krissa gets somewhat fussy if she doesn?t get her tea-party.?

Vos looked at the girl, who was babbling contentedly to the ridiculous looking, blonde-haired, blue-eyed ?action Jedi? doll she dragged everywhere. ?Miss Fizzle, do you want some more tea??

?Brit, we gotta get to work,? Vos pleaded.

?It?s just for ten minutes, Vos. I?m sure there?ll be of CMD while we?re here.?

?Brit??

The brown-haired woman rolled her eyes. ?All right. Sweetie, it?s time to go. Why don?t you get your shoes? Yes, you may bring Miss Fizzle along.?

Vos paused in the doorway, shocked. ?What? You can?t bring her!?

?I?m watching her for my sister. I can?t leave her here along.?

?Why not?? Vos didn?t wait for a response, but took the porch steps two at a time to his speeder.

?Hey, Vos? Who?s that with Brit?? Eeyan nodded an upside down nod at Krissa. A deformity forced him to spend most of his time upside down, or else his blood would rust to his feet, as it did in most people?s heads, when they hung upside down for too long. Nevertheless, Eeyan?s was one of the most brilliant minds in the Exiu system. He was a great asset to the medical research team.

?Niece,? was Vos?s only reply, as he hurried past to stop the girl from touching the blood samples containing CMD. When he had safe-guarded the precious vials, he turned back to his colleague. ?How come you?re in so early??

?Taking an early lunch break - meeting someone in an hour.?

?Boom!? cried Krissa, popping her head into the laboratory door. Caring everyone half out of their wits. As far as Vos could tell, the annoying onomatopoeia

2. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    But Antilles2001 named our story that first! :p

Darth ChVngshlu, Dark Lord of the Sith, to which snowcones are like kryptonite to Superman? [face_laugh] Those challenges...

A cute, clever little vignette, even if you stole my story title! :mad: :p [face_laugh]

3. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    ROTFLOLMAO! Woohoo! Evil plot foiled by snowcone!

BrightFeather

4. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    So the Jedi who boarded the transport to Coruscant held in one hand a snow cone in a plasti-box, and in the other, a sticky ?Jedi Action? doll, stupidly repeating, ?May the Force be with you.? Both parcels earned him odd looks from the other passengers, which he studiously ignored.

Beautiful job, Pilot. You had me in stitches the entire time.

Congrats on another challenge marvelously completed!!! =D=

As to the author's note--it makes sense. Perfect sense. (An even lesser-known fact is that Threepio is equipped with a snowcone maker. If only Luke had asked!)

P.S.: Forgive me for being thick-headed, but what were you parodying with the cancer-cure research? :confused:

5. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

I honestly didn't think my pad would have anyone answer her evil challenge, when she told me what she required :p

Brilliant! Makes me want a snow cone too! Just in case :D

6. Rogue_Pilot_2347

May 16, 2005
    Kudzu: Sorry! I didn't mean to! Thanks, though.

BrightFeather: Hey, you asked for it.

Fluff-Slayer: Since that requirement was in the bonus points section, and I couldn't think of a good section to parody, I skipped it. [face_blush] I just put the astericks so that anybody who couldn't follow my twisted train of thought would know what I was talking about.

Layren: Oh, yes. The minute I read the list, bunnies started hopping around in my head.

7. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Holy crap. :eek:

Jeez, seeing the topic title and its author gave me quite a shock, that's for sure. [face_hypnotized]

8. Rogue_Pilot_2347

May 16, 2005
    I'm sorry. I'll change the title if you want me to. The last thing I want to do is turn thief...

9. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Oh, it's no problem. Just a little odd to read is all. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.