main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx All In A Day's Work

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Darth_Husband, Jan 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Husband

Darth_Husband Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
    Interesting story happened at my work yesterday. We recieved a shipment of pickup truck beds from Mexico. As we were unloading the first bed we found a package the looked like it would be another part wrapped up and protected. Our plant manager proceeded to cut it open thinking it was a tail light and to his suprise found that it was a bundle of weed...

He immediatly called the cops, who showed up almost immediatly. Much faster then if someone was shot and dying. We then had about 10-15 DEA and Border Patrol officers show up. As they proceeded to unload the truck beds from the trailer they found approximately 3000 lbs. worth over $1 million in street value.

Not too bad for a day at the office...

[image=http://www.kreleia.com/images/lkqbust1.jpg]
    [image=http://www.kreleia.com/images/lkqbust2.jpg]

2. Tobar

Tobar Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2002
  3. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    heh - year-end bonus. :D

4. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Great Carp, DH!!!!

5. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    You're going to share, right? ;)

6. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Woo Hoo! Party at HUBBY's house! ;)

7. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    "You want to go home and re-think your life..."

-Obi Wan ;)

j/k... that's really funny

8. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Darth Husband came by the day this happend, you should have heard the play by play form him...it was great. I guess there was 5 pallets worth of the stuff

9. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    5 pallets? [face_shocked] That's just obscene!

10. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    the funny thing is, DH toyed with the idea of being an FBI agent for years. Turns out that Accounting can be every bit as exciting. :D

P.S. fixed for you Choad

11. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Forget accounting, DH should go into business as a private detective.

He could even team up with superhero-MJ and together they could fight for Truth, Justice, and Cuddly Little Puppies.

12. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    well, I guess if they cant bring it in on trucks they are going to bring it in with trucks.

13. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Bluntman and Chronic to the rescue!

14. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Whoa.

..Adventure, excitement. A Jedi craves not these things. ;)

15. KREATOR

KREATOR Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2003
    They came so quickly because that was a million dollars of mechandise the government couldnt collect taxes on. Screw the dying guy he probably doesnt pay taxes anyway lets get this stuff that will make money that we cant track.

Not that I advocate selling *weed* or anything else illegal. I dont, trust me on this. Just seems like the almighty dollar drives things much harder than human life. Isnt funny how in our court system often times puts out quicker more severe punishement to drug offenders (who are mostly only hurting themselves) than to those people who commit violence against others. Just interesting. I read this somewhere but I cant remember the source.

16. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    :eek:

Whoa. That's a lot of, um, merchandise.

17. Ima_princess

Ima_princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    Wow, I knew that you were up to something sneaky over there in your office. First weed, then the loincloths!!

18. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Things to say when encountering a shipment of Marijuana:

We are now armed with mighty joint!

or

sing this little song, from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back(modified for Darth Husband):

I was gonna do your taxes,
    then I got high.
    I was gonna mail it in
    but then I got high.
    Now your in an audit,
    and I know why...
    Because I got high,
    Because I got high,
    Because I got high.

19. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    No no no....The M.J. (From history of the world, part 1...not our MJ) was obviously a 1-person support weapon. That was enough for an ICBM :) The power to relax an entire city at once with a devastating munchie fall out that lasts for days.

20. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    This is the strangest thing I've seen in a long time. Weird.

21. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    The power to relax a planet is insignifcant compared to the power of...of...what was I saying? Veers! Where are my twinkies?!?

22. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
  23. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    Just seems like the almighty dollar drives things much harder than human life. Isnt funny how in our court system often times puts out quicker more severe punishement to drug offenders (who are mostly only hurting themselves) than to those people who commit violence against others. Just interesting. I read this somewhere but I cant remember the source.

Actually money, women, and vice are the root of all evil.. just ask my former Lt. lol..

No but seriously. He's right in a way. Drugs are made and come into this country every day. Every day millions of peoples lives are put on the line. The border patrol agents, the mules... people who are so poor that they agree to having their body cut open and drugs inplanted under the skin, with some off the wall hope that once they get to this side of the border someone is going to nicely surgicly remove the dope and let them be on thier way? Yeah right, They end up fish food. Then you look at cooked drugs like meth... people go out and get sudafed mix it with some other dangerous around the house happy cleaning chemicals (I'm not gonna go into the specifics, don't wanna give any of the kids that read the board any ideas) and viola.. out comes Meth... Now... all of these chemicals are well... explosive... they can be "cooked" anywhere. the apartment below you, next to you, your neighbors basement. I could go on and on. Drugs effect more than just the dummy at the end of the line doing them. Drugs = $$$ a 1/4 oz of weed on the street (last time I heard) went for somewhere between a 5 and a 10 note depending on the quality. That's 192,000 1/4 oz packages to be sold with a street value of 1-2mil$.

Also don't forget all the crime that is done by the end user to get his fix. Theft, robbery, pick pocketing, muggings, DUI, child endangerment, domestic violence, and a pile of other felony stupid crimes that go along with drug use.

Should some drugs be legal? everyone has an opinon. Did you know that Canibus was originally used for farming purposes? Farmers discovered that the THC level created a natural pestacide. They would plant the plants every so many feet in the fields and not ever have to worry about pests. They would then pull the plants and harvest the crops. It is also a last alternative for cancer and aids patients. It gives them the munchies so that they don't just waste away.

Look at Cocaine... it was originally used to make Coke a cola.. Its still used in emergency rooms today... ever had a nose bleed that wouldnt stop? That white powder they put up your nose that makes you feel all funny and stops the bleeding just like that... ? It's coke.

I think it's awesome that the drugs got kept off the streets. I think DH would have a good time being a field agent.

I guess to sum this rambling up... they don't ever only hurt themselves. they destroy families and friends and complete strangers lives with drugs.

24. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Perhaps all that you say is true, CG, but even still I'd still be far more concerned by the murderers and rapists out there than the drug smugglers. I can be reasonably confident that I can avoid getting mixed up with that mess, but I can't be so confident of not being assaulted on the street by some freak who thinks that controlling me to get what he wants is a fun way to spend his friday night.

25. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    Ok here is my question if this was all found why was there no mention at all of this on the news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.