main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends { All is Lost, All is Dust } - Ben Skywalker viggie / angst

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Title: All is Lost, All is Dust
    Author(s): SITH_MAYO
    Timeframe: post-Legacy era (AU)
    Characters: Ben Skywalker
    Genre: angst
    Keywords: grief
    Summary: Ben becomes a lonely man.
    Notes: I still have writers block on my WIPs, but not when it comes to viggies?

{ All is Lost, All is Dust }

Heat rose from the pit. With the warmth came smoke and dust.

The air was eerily frosty. Harsh winds wiped around. Early dusk settled over the planet. The sun dipped down over the forest horizon, glowing dimly.

It was peaceful, except for the howling of the cold winds.

Standing immobile, Ben stared blankly at the flames before him.

How his heart ached. The warmth of the fire did nothing but deaden him inside. He clenched his fists tightly, his jaw rigidly set, and his eyes a ghostly pale blue. Light from the blaze danced in his dark pupils as he gazed at the flickering fire.

He was alone.

Before him, in the flaming trench, his father burned. The great master of the Jedi, his dear friend, his beloved father, turned to ashes.

Ben refused to look away.

His father had died with honor. He?d died doing what he did best: being a Jedi. Self sacrificing from beginning to end, Luke Skywalker had died to save him. The sacrifice broke Ben inside.

His hero was gone, Ben had no one.

With tears in his eyes Ben murmured angrily,
    ?It should have been me??

What would he do now?

Two of the greatest warriors known to the galaxy were gone. Mara and Luke Skywalker were together in death, as they had been in life.

Ben hated himself.

He wished he?d done things differently. How he wished he?d told his mother how much she meant to him, he wished he?d been kinder to his father. To both he wished he?d spent more time with them and less time fighting.

At times he?d been a complete brat. How had they ever loved him? He?d been so ungrateful, so unforgiving.
    He never deserved their love.

Destroyed by heartache, bitter from loss, Ben whispered darkly,
    ?You should have saved a better son? a loving son.?

Abruptly he yelled at his father?s flames,
    ?WHY DIDN?T YOU REALISE I DIDN?T WANT SAVING?! I WANTED DEATH FOR ME! NOT YOU! NEVER YOU!?

He kicked roughly at the dirt beneath his feet and breathed raggedly as if he wanted to scream more. Ben wanted to throttle someone, he wanted vengeance for this grief and pain.

As a Jedi such acts of revenge were forbidden. But as a grief-twisted son it was necessary to quench the ache in his soul.

Tearful and overwhelmed with rage, Ben muttered through clenched teeth,
    ?I will avenge you father, never doubt me, I will kill them all??

With his robes fluttered in the breeze. His pale face covered in tears, his blue eyes turning darker and his spirit craving vengeance, Ben strolled away from the billowing smoke.

From then on, hatred and bitterness was his way of life?

2. lizodessky

lizodessky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    Aw, Ben needs a big [:D].

Anyways, fantastic vig! You got the emotions of a greif stricken son down pack. I just hope that the Skywalker legacy doesn't come full circle again with Ben.

=D=

3. Altaysky

Altaysky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2007
    I really liked this vig. Really good, but it was also really sad. :_|

4. JainaRox

JainaRox Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2006
    WOW!!!!
    JR

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh, how very tragic that his father's sacrfice would end in this manner for Ben.

6. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    *wipes away tears*
    I could see Ben saying this.
    Hope it doesn't turn out this way!
    Great job!

7. Altaysky

Altaysky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2007
    So sad. Reminds me inexplicably of a Queen song. I like reading stuff like this, even if I normally don't like sad stuff. The last sentence was the saddest. :_|

8. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    lizodessky - Thanks for clicking! [face_blush] You're right, Ben needs a giant hug...

Altaysky - Glad ya enjoyed it!;) (PS> I think you posted twice, nevermind, thanks for all your comments, much appreciated!:D)

JainaRox - [face_blush] Thanks!

Healer_Leona - Tragedy is unfortunate huh... Thanks for reading.:)

SithGirl132 - I hope it doesn't turn out like this either.[face_plain] Thanks for looking.

9. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    How did I miss this!!!!

Wow, S_M, this is so tragic and sad. Let's really hope this doesn't happen to Ben.

Great little vig...=D=

[:D]

FL @};-

10. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

11. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    This is very lovely, especially the part where Ben screamed about how he should've died instead

12. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    SilSolo - I think Ben wouldn't like people to sacrifice themselves for him, that's why I think he'd be angry and yell. [face_plain] Thanks for clicking.[face_peace]

13. DarthRaptor82

DarthRaptor82 Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.