main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC All JCC topics rolled into one

Discussion in 'Community' started by SuperWatto, Nov 5, 2015.

1. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    This one's got it all. Fans. Fanart. Bullying. Misogyny. Racism. Pedophilia. Threats.
    Attempted suicide. Or not?

'Steven Universe' fandom is melting down after bullied fanartist attempts suicide

Prior to Zamii's alarming initial farewell, members of the Steven Universe and Homestuck fandoms had reportedly created more than 40 critical blogs and other social media accounts directed at her because they believed she was purveying problematic depictions of many of the characters she drew. During her time in fandom, Zamii had been accused of a litany of flawed portrayals of characters, including perpetuating "racism/stereotyping, transmisogyny/transphobia, apologism, incest, pedophilia, fatphobia, and ableism" in her art. For example, when Zamii drew a Japanese character from the popular anime Yowamushi Pedal, she came under fire for giving the character yellow skin and slanted eyes; when she drew a black character, she came under fire for removing her Afro and giving her blonde hair; when she drew a "Native American Fluttershy" from My Little Pony, the response was mixed and often critical, pointing out that she had further stereotyped the character.
    [​IMG]

Jabbadabbado likes this.
  2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    natural selection's a *****

Juliet316 and harpua like this.
  3. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    You're a genius, SuperWatto. Plausible and frightening doomsday scenarios such as the deliberate spread of ebola through the global network of fair trade arts and crafts stores won't get 20 replies, but I predict animated character obesity whitewashing through fan art will make it to page 20 or 30 at least. And I'm here to help.

harpua and SuperWatto like this.
  4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    But how will this affect the weekend box office?

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Is there any poop involved in this?

6. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    We need a more detailed analysis of how the Steven Universe compares to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and which has the better and more popular superheroes.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    What can I do to help? Is there a story I can share or comment on on Facebook?

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Marvel > Steven > DC

Healer_Leona and Jabbadabbado like this.
  9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    This clearly proves there is no God.

anakinfansince1983 and harpua like this.
  10. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    The 1976 classic "Carrie" was the last movie I saw.

Probably the best movie ever made about the debilitating and often tragic personal and social consequences of high school bullying. It's about bullying, but also, it's a metaphor for bullying and for how social justice warriors trample on the freedom of individuals to enforce the norms that communities need to enforce in order to thrive.

11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    lol.... kids.

Yes, I'm sure that in this time of crisis, her mother is deeply concerned about the amount of deviantart points she has.

[​IMG]

Point Given and Jabbadabbado like this.
  12. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Remember when I said internet lynch mobs were bad?

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Is her art practical or CGI? Cuz CGI is totes fake, and practical is always better.

14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
  15. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Would be cool if it was all an elaborate hoax to get publicity.

16. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    A) This was already a Danthejedi thread

There are other points to make, but really now.

17. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I have a strong feeling that it was. That "Give my daughter points!" deviantart post sealed it, for me. This is a kid doing kid things to make her bullies feel like ****. The internets got a hold of it, and ran.

Edit: It doesn't excuse the bullies, though. ****ing with a kid over fan art is pretty lame.

18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Okay, yeah... sorry for the double post, but I just watched one of her videos, and I'm certain that this is legit. This kid suffers from severe depression, and the fact that people are ****ing with her like this is despicable.

I'm going back and forth with how I feel about posting this, because I feel it would be insensitive of me, but at the same time, she's posted it publicly... so I'm going to go ahead and do it. If a mod feels the need to remove it, go ahead.

19. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Which thread was that? The one about not being able to separate fiction from reality, or some other one I made that I don't remember?