main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA All Members(New/Old/ or not official) Check In

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediknight88, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOMNUSKYWALKER

DOMNUSKYWALKER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2005
    Hello there,

My name is Chris Maher aka Domnu Skywalker. I am new, my husband Barry and I came to the meeting on the November fifth, and we really interested in the group. Barry is working on Qui-gon, and I am working on Shaak Ti, which is going to take some time to do. Im a seamstress and designer so the costumings not and issue. Ill be learning a new craft with this project, making latex prosthetics. Wish me luck! Im in my obssession mode collecting every angle of picture I can find.

Ive sent the web address to all my kids who love Star Wars as much as I do. My yongest loved AAlya Secura, which if the Shaak Ti works out Im going to make her some latex tenticals, we used batten and kid leatards the last time we made that headress. It was ok, but always room for improvement.

Any websites for belts, sabers, boots ect. would be appreciated. We want to have everything done before Jan. At the next meeting we will be bringing our dues.

We went to Ricks store Sunday, it funny but we have meet you before rick. You had a small store set up infront of the theater at Military Circle. We talked before. I thought you looked very familiar. But I like your store. You sell alot of the same things we do. But my store is seasonal with the ren faires. We have alot in common, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, midevil reinacting, very cool. Life is very rich when you live out your dreams.

Like I said at the meeting, those that need costume help I am here. I take pride in my work. I will be happy to take their orders. If they buy the fabric I only charge $10.00 per hour. Dont panic Im very fast. Ive been sewing for twenty years, it dosent take long.

My husband Barry is also an artist, welder, and wood craftsman. We both enjoy doing artsy things.
    Anyway Im looking forward to doing great things with the Group.

May the force be with you always

Chris aka Domnu

2. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Good to hear from you,

Actually that was ricks store that day, I was just workin for him for a moment. His store has moved from military circle to greenbrier mall now.

Costumes sound really kool, cant wait to see them finished. I will get you all the websites and such as you have asked. I will post them once I have gathered them all up.

Glad you liked the meeting and I hope to see you at more of them, you and your husband will be a great addition to the Tidewater Alliance.

3. TK7877

TK7877 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2006
    TK7877 reporting,

soon to be Boba Fett sometime in late 2006!

go to www.tk7877.com to see some cool pictures.

4. fraken8902

fraken8902 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    I am here. I think. I am the sci-fi/customing addict here. So I am every where. tank20032002@yahoo.com

5. DOMNUSKYWALKER

Aug 12, 2005
    Still here. Tried to get signed into the web page no luck. Been working on costuming, and getting accessories. Should have my light saber before the end of Feburary. Its a style like Shaak Tis. I dont like the one she has the buttons on the grip would get in the way. Barry and I made some practice sabers with a 3'X 1" wooden dowl and 11" PVC pipe as the hilt. We wrapped the dowl in colord duct tape in case the blade broke there would be no splintering. They work great and only cost of about six bucks to make.

We've slowed down the few sections on the DVD behind the scense to watch the choriography of the fights in episode one. We have Kendo sticks but I wanted something that looked more like a light saber. Thats why we made what I have come to call the "getto sabers". They are really cool and surprisingly balanced. I might bring one to the march 4th meeting. "Getto Sabers, coming soon to a gallexy near you!" LOL

got to go

Chris aka/Domnu/Shaak Ti

6. obi_dan_67

obi_dan_67 Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    Cant wait to see everyone in costume again.... Costuming events are just too far in between, especially now that no more movies are in the works....

7. DOMNUSKYWALKER

Aug 12, 2005
    I agree, we need more meetings with costuming. Where else are we gonna get dressed up for nothing. (brave heart) HEEHEE!

8. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Hey gang :) Just popping in to say hi! How's things in Virginny?

9. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Going pretty good! how are things on your end?

10. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Eh, status quo I guess hehe.

11. ANAKINOS

ANAKINOS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Checking in. will be at the meeting on saturday.

12. JediMastOrinDiFreeze

JediMastOrinDiFreeze Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2006
    New to this section, but I have been around theforce.net for a while.

I live in the Norfolk,NN area of VA.

I would like to attend a few meetings and at least get to know people.

I am hioping to have a Jedi Master costume done by July. (Birthday month)

I have not constructed my own saber, but I did get 3 of those MR (luke, vader, anakin) sabers.

I do have Fencing and SCAA training however. Time to get back in shape!

p.s. I have a Digital Video Camera with Color Range. I would love to do a fanfilm or saber duel.

Jedi Master Orin Di'Freeze

13. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    It's good to hear from you, we have members all over the Hampton Roads area. We have alot of Jedi in the group and tons of experience with Jedi Costumes. I'm sure anyone of them would love to help you get your gear together. Just check the meeting dates thread, sohw up and into yourself, we would love to meet you.

Have you been to our website yet?

14. JediMastOrinDiFreeze

JediMastOrinDiFreeze Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2006
    Thanks. I checked out the site. I also tried to register, i get error,

you are not authorized to carry out this operation.

I am trying to register: JediMasterOrinDiFreeze

15. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    Hi

Just thought I?d poke my head in and say hello!

I?m currently a member of the Hothlanta Rebels (Atlanta Fan Force) actually can?t really say current since I haven?t been to a meeting since last year?

Anywho my little crystal ball is saying that Va Beach will be my home sometime in the next three years all depends on when I get married. I for one want it to be this May, the ?unreasonable? parents want it to be after I finish college but that won?t be till May 2009. *sigh* that?s life for you.

I?m rather fond of sewing, though I?ve found quilting to be too boring. Made only one costume that I?m proud of so far ? an ANH Princess Leia. And my only claim to fame would be I can make little paper x-wings.

So I hope I get to meet you all soon someday, since you all sound a wonderful bunch of people

Stranded in space

16. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    it would be great to have you as a member! Hope to see you in the near future! We have a great group in here this area.

17. ANAKINOS

ANAKINOS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    I would like to welcome all potential members to come out to the meetings. It is a ton of fun and we do a lot and have a lot of experience within the group in all areas. You should give it a shot. Good to hear from all of you especially the nubies.

18. JBRO_13

JBRO_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I'm Justin.

20 years old, Comm. major at ODU, living in Chesapeake.

Been on this board forever, been in Hampton Roads forever.

Any group related email, hit me at JustinBrown33@yahoo.com

19. GallecNesubi

GallecNesubi Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2006
    Welcome!

Feel free to join us at the next meeting, August 26, 2006 at the VA Beach Central Library. More info at www.thetidewateralliance.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.