main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY All members please complete this

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Katana_Geldar, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    This questionnaire is not only so we can work out what to organise but also gives other members some info about you. You don?t have to fill out all the questions if you feel they don?t apply to you.

1. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being mild, 10 being obsessive) how would you rate yourself as a Star Wars fan?

2. Every saga has a beginning, every fan has their story. When was the first time you saw Star Wars? How did you become a fan? What attracted you?

3. What activities would you like to do in the Fanforce, this might include bowling nights, saga screenings, costume workshops, blue milk drinking contests.

4. Do you have any other suggestions for the Fanforce that could help improve it?

5. Are you a fan of anything else? (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Anime?)

6. Outline a few things you have done as a fan, this might be attending a midnight premiere, making a costume, a fan film or fan fiction story?.

7. Which do you prefer Prequel Trilogy or Original Trilogy? Which of the films is your favourite?

8. What are your favourite aspects of the saga? (Eg: space battles, music, lightsaber battles, romance, Ewoks?)

9. Which aspects of the saga do you least like? (Eg: Ewoks, Jar Jar Binks, the Max Rebo band, sister-kissing, Lando Calrissian?)

10. Do you follow the novels of the EU (Expanded Universe)? If yes, is canon important to you?

Thankyou for taking the time to complete this questionnaire and may the Force be with you!

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I'll start the ball rolling

On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being mild, 10 being obsessive) how would you rate yourself as a Star Wars fan?

Every saga has a beginning, every fan has their story. When was the first time you saw Star Wars? How did you become a fan? What attracted you?

I was mildly aware of SW when SE came out in 97 and went to see TPM at the cinema in 99 but it didn't really touch me. It was not until April 2002 that I saw snippets of the OT that I was hooked truly and forever.

What activities would you like to do in the Fanforce, this might include bowling nights, saga screenings, costume workshops, blue milk drinking contests.

Trilogy marathons, costume workshops, perhaps going down to Hobart for laser strike

Do you have any other suggestions for the Fanforce that could help improve it?

More people! But we're working on that

Are you a fan of anything else? (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Anime...)

I am a mild fan of LOTR and a fan of Harry Potter and Hitchhiker's

Outline a few things you have done as a fan, this might be attending a midnight premiere, making a costume, a fan film or fan fiction story..

I went tio Magic of Myth at the Powerhouse Museum in 2003 (3 times) and got the autographs of Luminara Unduli and Barris Orfee, went to a midnight premiere for ROTS.
    I write fan fic, have several vignettes, a humour fic and an AU TPM fic currently showing.

Which do you prefer Prequel Trilogy or Original Trilogy? Which of the films is your favourite?

OT, ESB

What are your favourite aspects of the saga? (Eg: space battles, music, lightsaber battles, romance, Ewoks?)

Music, mythic themes, lightsabers

Which aspects of the saga do you least like? (Eg: Ewoks, Jar Jar Binks, the Max Rebo band, sister-kissing, Lando Calrissian?) Lando (I know I get flack for this but IMHO he's a sleaze) Max Rebo band, the bad special effects in some parts of the films preceeding the DVD release

Do you follow the novels of the EU (Expanded Universe)? If yes, is canon important to you?

Yes, I do follow the novels but I accept that canon and coninuity are open to inerpretation by each individual fan.

3. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    1)On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being mild, 10 being obsessive) how would you rate yourself as a Star Wars fan?

2) Every saga has a beginning, every fan has their story. When was the first time you saw Star Wars? How did you become a fan? What attracted you?
    No idea, my brother had the videos before I was born and he used to play them all the time. I liked them, but was not obsessed until the prequels. We missed seeing TPM at the cinemas, and as we don't have a TV, we couldn't see it for ages. My sister and I went to see AOTC and were hooked (even though I consider this to be the worst of the prequels) and saw TPM the following day at a friend's house. What attracted me was the whole other-worldy nature of the films. The sets, costumes, characters - everything is new and yet similar.

3) What activities would you like to do in the Fanforce, this might include bowling nights, saga screenings, costume workshops, blue milk drinking contests.
    Anything and everything. Bowling to costume parties to film nights etc.

4) Do you have any other suggestions for the Fanforce that could help improve it?
    Recruit more members - especially non-uni people.

5) Are you a fan of anything else? (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Anime?)
    Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Carribbean.

6) Outline a few things you have done as a fan, this might be attending a midnight premiere, making a costume, a fan film or fan fiction story?.
    Attended the midnight premierre dressed as Luminara/Barriss. My sister and I were bent on getting a lightabre spoon each, but did not want to spend money on more than two packets of cereal. So we used our brains, and walked out with two packets, knowing that there was a spoon in each. How? We took about 10 packets (two at a time so as not to look suspicious) to the fruit n' veg section and weighed them. We then chose the two heaviest packets. I have one cross-over fic (SW LOTR with a touch of POTC) and more straight SW on the way.

7) Which do you prefer Prequel Trilogy or Original Trilogy? Which of the films is your favourite?
    Both are good for different reasons. The originals are the best fairytale, good against evil stories. The prequels are the best intrigue/drama/political/tradgedy stories. My favourite film is ROTS.

8) What are your favourite aspects of the saga? (Eg: space battles, music, lightsaber battles, romance, Ewoks?)
    Music, costumes, Ewan Mcgregor and Liam Neeson[face_batting], Jawas, Ewoks, those tiny little droids that run around on the ground and get growled at...

9)Which aspects of the saga do you least like? (Eg: Ewoks, Jar Jar Binks, the Max Rebo band, sister-kissing, Lando Calrissian?)
    Bad, bad, daytime-soap style romance (primarily in AOTC). Sister-kissing. Padme losing her kick-ass queen accent and adopting an annoying, pathetic, ditzy American one (I'm pregNANT).

10)Do you follow the novels of the EU (Expanded Universe)? If yes, is canon important to you?
    Yes, but I take it all with a pinch of salt. If I don't like something out of a book that isn't Lucas approved, I choose to disbelieve and ignore it! (Such as romances between Jedi)

4. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005

5. death_ab

death_ab Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2005

1) About an 8

2)Went to a collectors expo. Bought a Vader figure. Then decided i needed to know what the story was behid it. Tsat was 12 years go

3) Whatever goes. Dont really have any more sugestions

5) Anime for sure. Also theres a few book series i follow.

6)Midnight Premeier as a Wookiee, Custom Model making, Fan page. Made a few games,

7) Original. Ranking orde: tESB, ANH, RotS, RotJ,tCW, tPM

8) The reinvention of Myth all in one set, thats been the holding factor for me.

9) Serveral things but the formsot would Be Jar Jar,

10) Yes but the definition of cannon can be vague once one moves into EU. :/

6. Darth_Deaks

Darth_Deaks Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2005
    1. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being mild, 10 being obsessive) how would you rate yourself as a Star Wars fan? 8.

2. Every saga has a beginning, every fan has their story. When was the first time you saw Star Wars? How did you become a fan? What attracted you? When I was 12. Saw ANH on tv, read the ROTJ book before I saw the movie, and saw ESB after ROTJ.

3. What activities would you like to do in the Fanforce, this might include bowling nights, saga screenings, costume workshops, blue milk drinking contests. Star Wars Trial Pursuit.

4. Do you have any other suggestions for the Fanforce that could help improve it? Not yet.

5. Are you a fan of anything else? (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Anime?)Smallville, Star Trek, Alias, Firefly, Baz Luhrman.

6. Outline a few things you have done as a fan, this might be attending a midnight premiere, making a costume, a fan film or fan fiction story?. Attended midnight premiere of TPM, AOTC & ROTS. Dressed up as Darth Maul a few times.

7. Which do you prefer Prequel Trilogy or Original Trilogy? Which of the films is your favourite? Prequel - it's a little more visually richer. My fav is ROTJ - love the Luke/Vader scenes.

8. What are your favourite aspects of the saga? (Eg: space battles, music, lightsaber battles, romance, Ewoks?) The story. Such a great one.

9. Which aspects of the saga do you least like? (Eg: Ewoks, Jar Jar Binks, the Max Rebo band, sister-kissing, Lando Calrissian?) The absence of Darth Vader's theme in ANH.

10. Do you follow the novels of the EU (Expanded Universe)? If yes, is canon important to you? I do. Canon is important, cause it has to expand the universe and not end up a contradiction in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.