main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ALL MEMEBERS MUST READ THIS

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by Sith_Steve, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Steve

Sith_Steve Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2002
    I have been in contact with the slanted Fadora people. I ask about a table at the Con coming up on the 22nd. this is what they wrote back.

We would love for you all to be a part of our function. I have never met Peter Meyhew, just had several phone conversations in the past month. He (and us) are very excited about the posibilities...small markets should be more fun...we will see!

As to your table...no problem, free...IF

1. advertise for us. If you have an internet mailing list, let your members know that we are coming, and bringing Peter with us.

If you have a mailing list, mail something to your people.

Get excited, it is contagious for your group.

2. Attend the event in mass...meaning, admission is $15 a piece. If we have 7 people from your group attend, we will give you the table free. Less than 7 people attend, we will have to have the cash for the table. Sound fair???

Also, we will certainly encourage Peter to have a photo taken with your group (he has said he will be happy to help us promote, and this would count) that you would be able to use on your website and for advertising your group.

This is our second trip to Davenport, and we had a great showing last time. With the addition of Peter, we should have an equally GREAT event for all

thanks, and let me know if you will be a part of the event

dave

dave scott

SO PLEASE TRY AND ATTEND, THIS WILL BE GREAT FOR US. GET TO MEET CHEWI IN PERSON,

Right now this is who is going

1. Steve
    2. Chris
    3. Lance
    4. Nate

you can all go, but i need to know who, so i can send a list back to dave.

2. qcjedijustin

qcjedijustin Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    this is Justin-yes i finally used the message board---it is Jesses fault---

i will be there for sure just me know where and what time

3. qcjediJohn_AM

qcjediJohn_AM Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I'll be there. Ryan will be there too.

4. Sith_Steve

Aug 18, 2002
    Check the front page of the web site for even more info

5. QCJediTim

QCJediTim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I'm in for the Con at least until 5

6. phatjedipdog

phatjedipdog Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2002
    CON GOOD, PETE GO, SMASSSSSHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!
    Oh sorry but im a go on the con.

Some cool stuff.

RRRRRRAAAAAAA!!!!!!!(the Incredible Pete)

7. qcJediJes

qcJediJes Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2002
    I'll be there, for awhile. I've got a wedding to go to later in the day, so I'll be there early, then after the wedding, if possible.

8. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    My son will be there with me also. By the way are any of you getting in costume for this event. And also if anyone is interested ill open up my house before or after the event if anyone would like to get together and talk more about the club.

9. PirateJedi

PirateJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2003
    if you don't already know i am going too. i think dave is to but you guys know dave so i really don't know if he will or not.

10. Sith_Steve

Aug 18, 2002
    Well Good news, I though that we may not have a table at this con because the person who is running it never contacted me back. But he did, and said we have one table that is 6 foot long. Chris and I are bringing some Sabers, Vader Helmet, and my Laptop so people can register or view the webpage.

Lance If you have the ink and would like to print out some QCJO cards please go ahead and Do it. I would say maybe 50 will be fine.

I am also dressing up. I am going as a Trooper, Chirs as Han Solo, and Tein as a Biker Scout because Zack can?t make it and Hammond as Boba Fett if he can fit it. If you are not dressing up please where the Club T-Shirt.

Mark. If you have any props that you want to display from your e-bay or website please bring them.

One Final Note.

This will be like a Boo At the Zoo event, which means we are trying to get more people to join the club, which at BATZ we handed out allot of info, but no one joined. So maybe this time we can pull in a few Jedi or trekies then disintegrate them

Remember this Sat. the 22nd, 11 am till 5 pm
    We have to set up hour and half before the show.

Can?t wait to see you all there. Oh.... and this count as our meeting for this month :)

11. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    In addition to handing out cards, I would recommend having some 'sign up' sheets, where people put thier email addresses. That way you get their contact info and can add them to your list yourself.

Another option is to do a 'raffle' or 'drawing' for a prize. You can make it free (they have to fill out a form, that would include email address) or you can charge then dontate money to a designated charity.

~H~

12. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    I''l try to get the cards printed out and do you think i should try to wear my costume there also. And what could we give away for a prize anyway that someone is willing to give up. I'm thinking of making something for Peter Mayhew on the laser to give to him.

13. Sith_Steve

Aug 18, 2002
    Yeah go ahead, anyone that wants to dress up go right ahead. If you do we can make this con worth going to for the other people in the QCA

14. GarbageChuteFlyboy

GarbageChuteFlyboy Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2002
    Unfortunately, I am unable to attend this con. I live down about 2.5 hours SW of the Cities.

Is there anyone who will be in attendance that is willing to help me obtain an autograph or two from Ethan Phillips? He did a voice for one of the Star Wars videogames (besides being in ST) and I'd love to obtain his signature. I'd be happy to send money ahead of time.

If you can help, please email me at rmschneider104@yahoo.com.

Sorry for posting in two threads, but I didn't know which one would get read the most.

Thanks for considering,

Rob

15. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    Someone's going to have to fill me in on the after con activities because no matter what I have to work on Saturday. I can be there for a couple hours in the beginning but I have to be at American for at least a little while. I'll probably be in till 9 but if I get out early or come out to join everyone afterward I'm going to need to know where and when.

16. Sith_Steve

Aug 18, 2002
    This is who is dressing up.

Steve - Storm Trooper
    Tein - Biker Scout (maybe)
    Jimmy - Darth Vader
    Chris - Han Solo
    Hammond - Boba Fett
    Lance - Jango Fett (Maybe)
    ? - Royal Guard

(?) - custome up for grabs

We need 7 people there at 9:30-10 ish. in the parking lot or building, or just call one of us. remeber $15 at the door.

17. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    If one of you would like me to post this event on the FF main, please email me at bobafemme@yahoo.com with your article. Events posted on the FF main can be conventions or shindigs that official FF clubs are involved.

18. DoctorD52

DoctorD52 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    I work 10-6. We will see what happens

19. DoctorD52

DoctorD52 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.