main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends All of Me Loves... L/M. Complete 03/01/18.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun and with love.

Genre: Whole lotta mush. ;)

Note: L/M recently engaged get acclimated to couplehood. [face_laugh]

Woohoo, this will be in the form of alternating style diary entries. Rather like Raissa's "Teenage Rebellion" because I wanna write mooka-eyed Luke [face_laugh] [face_love]

~~~~!!!

I cannot believe she said yes! Granted, there was almost a 99% chance we wouldn't make it out of the caves on Nirauan, so she might've thought: Why not humor the guy? But when she gave the wake-up phrase, I figured that was promising, and besides it was probably more in the way of a dare. When we actually survived and left, she didn't have a sudden change of heart. Wow, that was a relief! I almost thought she'd have second thoughts or something. I don't know when I fell for Mara, don't know when I knew. I think I was more than half crazy about her when I saw her the first time on the Wild Karrde.

The way the guys teased, it was like they knew something we weren't ready to admit yet.

++++++

TBC

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I love how, after everything, Luke still has a bit of that wide eyed farmboy left about him - she said yes, and she meant it! - you can still see a reflection of ANH!Luke there, and it's completely endearing to see. [face_love]

This looks like it's going to be a fun, uplifting read! :D [face_dancing]

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I hope you continue this sweet teaser. It was a teaser right? Because there has to be more?!?

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Squeeliciously so. Mara will have her turn next. :D :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice beginning. I sure like tags

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Stop smirking, Shirlee! I scowl across at Faughn. As soon as she hears about Luke's and my engagement, she gets this look like "I knew it! It was only a matter of time." Yeah, how'd she know before we did? It's almost as if we were transparent and obvious to everyone but ourselves. Were we? Nah, couldn't've been.

Ghent has been moping around with this downcast mooka-pup expression, even though he congratulated me. Karrde, he's been smiling so avuncularly since he found out. OK. I guess I can't fault Faughn for smirking. For now, I am doing the exact same thing to Shada on Talon's behalf. Great working partnership, so why not see if something else can develop from it?

Some while back, rumor mills wanted to fix me up with Aves. I'd roll my eyes and think, I'm not that hard up. Not that Aves is a bad sort, but he didn't light even the smallest spark.

Luke... he always got under my skin in the worst way! And when he was with Callista... let's not even go there!

Whew, so glad we can and have put all that crazy stuff behind us and can move on, together.

+++++++

[face_love]

7. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    LOL, I can very easily picture the Karrde crew being a bit like a teasing bunch of mismatched small town friends. No surprise that they're rooting for and at the same time embarrassing each other with their romantic predictions. ;)

8. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Aww, I love Luke worrying that Mara might change her mind! So cute! :)

And I always like to see Faughn and Ghent and Aves mentioned! Of course Faughn always knew and Ghent is a sad puppy. :D

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Fun update with the Karde crew
    And Calista? Only men could do this. Falling in love with a droid

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I do love showcasing each of their thoughts, Luke's and Mara's, particularly her non-jealousy over Callista. [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    The first part, where Luke proposes and Mara accepts, then Luke reasons, well, they were probably going to die anyway so what did she have to lose! Oh my stars! Have some faith, man. She actually loves you.

The second part is great, where we see the ripples throughout the Wild Karrde when the news of the engagement starts to get around. You know I love Ghent, the poor little sad mooka. And setting her up with Aves makes total sense. I remember an oooooold fic (either Ginchy or FurryLittleBantha) where Mara was actually happily married to Aves, so it isn't really out of the question. Another blond, blue-eyed guy. Of course, Talon knew way before anyone else. Now that all the romantic speculation has been laid to rest, they can indeed move on to the next part of their lives.

Great start to an interesting look at L/M!

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_love] I adored seeing the reactions of the rest of the crew from Mara's POV - poor Ghent, he's such a kicked mooka! - and I loved that Faughn pretty much knew. And Karrde - though he can eat his smirk where there's a certain tension where he and Shada are concerned . . . [face_whistling][face_mischief]

But it's great that Mara's starting to put together what she's subconsciously known for years - and understanding why there was always something there, and a lack of something, so to speak, with otherwise great guys like Aves.

A fantastic, fun update, once again! [face_love]=D=

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot, this is from Luke's POV.

~~~~!!!

When the governor of Wroona contacted the New Republic hierarchy to help settle a trading dispute for their technology exports, I was asked to go along to help pick up on any duplicity. I thought it would be great to have Mara accompany me, since we made such a good team and I wanted an excuse to spend time with her.

The initial meeting went well, and I didn't pick up any dishonesty from the Governor. The Chief of Operations of the leading company of hyperdrive components, a Mr. Kavelli, commed me privately to meet with him after third-meal. I didn't mention this to Mara, I just went. An impulsive habit borne of years of not having a partner, although I welcomed the idea of having her working in tandem, it was still novel to me, not instinctive.

Not the best choice I could have made, in hindsight.

++++++

[face_worried] :oops:

Ewok Poet, Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  14. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    ??

Well, Mara did work as a mechanic once Luke made a bad deal? Got ripped off?

Or something more sinister?

15. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Not mentioning something to Mara will end badly... [face_nail_biting]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oops, I do see this leading to an interesting conversation once Mara finds out. :p

Aah, the joys of adjusting to couplehood. ;) [face_mischief][face_love]

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Love exploring Mara's reactions.

~~~~~!!!!

Where was Luke anyway? I scowled. We were supposed to meet for dinner and go over our impressions of the meeting. Suddenly, I sensed a burst of surprise and discomfiture from Luke. I accessed the data console in my suite to find where he was, and discovered he was in a briefing room 3 levels down with Kavelli.

I took the nearest turbo-car down and paused outside the door, enhancing my hearing to pick up the conversation ensuing inside. It was a talent I had honed while serving the Emperor. It came in handy for incriminating "traitors" and catching them in their own lies. It was shocking sometimes how seemingly intelligent beings could trip over themselves because they couldn't keep track of their "stories."

"Mr. Kavelli, I will not be party to your scheme to take over your competitor - certainly not by corroborating falsified evidence."

"It's not!" Kavelli protested. "You can see that they sabotaged this part to break after so much use."

"I wonder," Luke broke in, "If this entire negotiation was a ruse?"

"Look, if you don't cooperate with me, I could even go so far as to make it appear that you were in on this all along. How do you think your New Republic leaders would like that?"

I had heard enough. I stalked in and favored Kavelli with a cold hard glare that had sent more than one Moff scampering and stuttering.

"I will take that Mister." I ground out, and seized the data-chip from his ineffectual grasp.

Luke turned in surprise to see me. I favored him with a "Later for you." look.

"I don't know what this will do to our negotiations, but I think your colleagues would be most interested in what we have to divulge."

As it turned out, they were quite pleased to have tangible evidence of what had up to this point been strong suspicions. Kavelli was led off by the Wroonian law enforcement officers, and Luke and I were finally alone. I didn't broach the subject until after we'd ordered in a light repast.

"Luke," I said harshly, "That could have gone worse than it did in more ways than one. He could have landed you in a difficult situation, or at the very least something that would have taken a lot of needless time and energy explaining."

"I sensed his duplicity almost right away." Luke protested.

I planted my hands on my hips and said: "That's not the point. Whatever happened to teamwork, I'd like to know."

Luke looked appropriately sheepish. "I'm sorry Mara. I guess you're not the only one who has a lot to get used to."

"It would seem so." I replied.

"Would it help if I said I won't repeat that mistake again?"

I sighed. I must be getting soft. "It shouldn't, but okay. I have no reason not to believe you mean that."

He grinned, his blue eyes relieved. He leaned in to kiss me. I tried to push him away, if only through the Force, but I melted into him instead.

+++++

[face_laugh]

18. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    At least Luke didn't mess up everything.
    Yes.... yes... Luke. To Mara you listen! :)

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, Luke. :p

This is quite the adjustment to make - and they are better as a team than they were alone! What I really enjoyed here was that it's Luke needing to learn that lesson, and Mara being determined to teach it!

But all's well that ends well - and Mara truly couldn't stay mad for long, which I loved. [face_love]

20. DarthMarly

DarthMarly Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2010
    Oh my goodness, I love this so much. The rotating perspectives are simply delightful, and you've captured the characters well Cannot wait for more!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [:D] [:D] Thank you. I love L/M, have for eons [face_laugh] The only SW OTP which has been around longer for me is H/L. [face_love]

AzureAngel2 and DarthMarly like this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a mission ending well. And love the snarky comments and teachings of Mara

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Ghalene is a world name I adopted /snagged from a discussion in Resource. Liz is Ceillean's OC love for Kyp and just right for him too. 

:)

Ghalene sent a request for assistance. Kyp, Mara & I, Corran, and Mirax were tasked to assess the situation. The problem involved refugees from a sector crisis involving a colony of theirs. They were treated to suboptimal conditions, which infuriated the social welfare agency reps.

"We have no jurisdiction there." Leia said. "But if we can verify prosecutable crimes, they will be brought to the NR Court of Sentient Rights."

Mara smile was feral. "The day they even attempt to slip something past me is one they will regret."

The gleam in her eye made me glad I was on her good side.
    Having more than our share of Corellians on the team was another stroke in our favor, to be sure.

Our contact there was a Ms. Xiana Forrest.

We arrived in the Jade Sabre in record time & notified Ms. Forrest of our arrival. She replied giving us the location of the hotel where we would be staying.

"What's our cover?" Mirax asked.

"Just a group of friends on a little vacation." Corran told her.

Mirax perused the resort beaches with their amenities. "Oh, this is one cover I will enjoy."

Mara grimaced. "The sooner we get this accomplished, the quicker we can enjoy the fun spots for real."

Kyp nodded. "I'll comm and have Liz join us when we're all done with the mission proper."

Mara gave him an indulgent look. There was a time when she couldn't be bothered with Kyp; but having a lady to keep him level-headed had smoothed out most of his rough edges although she would never admit that outright.

+++++

:D

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Fun on the beach during and after the mission, that's great for all

25. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    For once will everything go according to plan and the ones who is responsible for the mess just surrender and say: It was our fault, please forgive. And hand out cookies?