main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends All of Me Loves... L/M. Complete 03/01/18.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Good writings.

Auto-pilot counts for a lot, so I can totally sympathise with Luke heading of the meeting alone. It might have occurred to him that he should have notified Mara during his trip down, but figured too late to tell her.

I didn't read many of my SW novels more than once, so my memory of EU Mara could be faulty, but I don't recall her being exactly speedy to adjust, herself.

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    With you as author at hand Episode VII and VIII would not be such bleak affairs. You always do things light and playful.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Now for Mara's side of succeeding events.

~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!
    Ms. Forrest met us and briefed us on a nefarious suspicious official they were already keeping an eye on, a Mr. Voldezar.
    In our guise of being innocuous tourists, I was able to talk to a number of vendors who were refugees.
    It appeared after a few well-placed comments and subtle probing with questions that he would hire them out and take a "cut" of their wages.
    He'd send them to housing in the major cities, but low-rent. His attitude seemed to be: "You're lucky to have this much. Beggars cannot be choosers."

Kyp had the task and (more than obvious pleasure) of calling him on it by claiming to be a friend of a friend of one of the refugee families.

I remembered the days when I would pull out my magenta blade and mete out a particular brand of justice.
    But those days were over, and even though it would have given me no small satisfaction to scare the poodoo out of Mr. V. at the very least, I got even more in uncovering his crimes and learning that the refugees would be getting compensated and with interest on credits and also better housing.

As Luke and I lounged on a very large beach towel, I smiled as I watched Kyp chase Liz into the turquoise waters & caught Luke's satisfied smile.

"That mission ended well." I commented. "And with minimal fuss."

"Yes, Mara, and the best part is how you've mellowed." His gaze upon me was proud and tender.

I glowered. "You want a sandy sandwich, Skywalker?" I threatened, only half-teasing.

He just laughed & pounced to tickle me into incoherence.

"You think you know so much." I tried to sound annoyed, but the residual amusement spoilt the effect, somewhat.

+++++

:D

4. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Aw....

melts in mush and start backstroke, basking.

Ah.....

Sips mush juice.

5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I glowered. "You want a sandy sandwich, Skywalker?" I threatened, only half-teasing.

He just laughed & pounced to tickle me into incoherence.

I am glad that Luke has not much in common with his old dad when it is up to sand and a bad temper!

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    From Luke's POV

~~~~!!!

It was frustrating! I wanted to start training Mara as soon as we returned from our latest mission, but she left on a series of assignments/projects with Karrde. She insisted she needed to help Shada get used to her role as Karrde's second and that even though Shada knew much about how Karrde did things, there were a lot of subtle nuances and skills that took time to instill. I could of course understand this and yet after the second or third time I began to wonder if Mara were avoiding me as she had done even less subtly when the Praxeum first started. She had seemed to be all eagerness to embrace every aspect of our lives together, but was she having second thoughts? It wasn't like Mara to be dishonest about anything, so if she were, I figured she'd have been upfront about it. I brooded and stewed about it, and when she returned after her most recent trip, I decided to ask her point-blank.

+++++++

:oops:

[face_laugh]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Now from Mara's POV

~~~~!!!

I wrapped myself around Luke and gave him a kiss guaranteed to curl the toes. He melted into my grip and returned it with all the enthusiasm I could hope for. But then he disengaged and favored me with a puzzled look.

"You seem glad to be with me again." He observed.

"I am. Why wouldn't you think so?"

"You kept finding reasons not to come back is why. I was beginning to suspect you were avoiding the whole training thing."

I scowled. "I have more or less moved on from that particular defensiveness, or didn't you realize that?"

He sighed. "Mara ..."

"If I were having even fleeting second thoughts or any sort of thoughts don't you think I'd be honest enough to admit it?" I demanded. "Perhaps this is more about your insecurities than mine."

He grimaced. "I'm ready for any and all that lies ahead of us." He said softly. "I hope you'd feel the same."

"I do." I said, letting my sincerity through clearly across our burgeoning connection. "But, maybe you're right. Actions do speak louder after all. I could at least scale back from now on."

He beamed. "That's all I want, Mara."

I smirked. "I guess you didn't want to feel you were more committed than I was. OK, you won't have reason to doubt that I promise."

I am never one to go in by halves. So I determined to limit my trips with Karrde to no more than 2-3 in any six-month cycle, barring emergencies. After all, Shada was capable enough and she could certainly learn the ins and outs from the rest of the crew.

The way the Force sang to me when Luke and I were together, and the way my entire being seemed to be more tranquil, I knew I had made the right decision, for him, for me, and for us.

++++++

:)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The way the Force sang to me when Luke and I were together, and the way my entire being seemed to be more tranquil, I knew I had made the right decision, for him, for me, and for us.

This is a very lyrical description for their relationship. I love it! [face_love]

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot. I thought I would add more to this nummy thread with a very special gift. [face_love]
    Mara's POV here.

~~~~!!
    Now, after all that wrangling over honesty and commitment, it's Luke who is being secretive. He has this half-sheepish look whenever I walk into his office and find him scrutinizing files or in a "text-only" comm-call. Whenever I casually ask what he's up to, he tries for the "who me" expression which Solo has mastered but Luke never will. It just makes the recipient of it more suspicious that something is going on he does not want you to know about.

OK… maybe he's planning a big surprise – but why can't he let me in on it? Unless, it's one for me?! Kark, but I hate surprises. They're never ever pleasant!

Hmmm. Maybe I could ask Ghent to snoop/slice around and see what cyber-clues Luke might have left behind? No… I am insatiably curious, but doing that behind his back would feel too much like a betrayal of his trust in me. The gratification of knowing isn't worth that. Besides, once I found out, I'd have to act surprised, and I'm worse at the innocent stuff than Luke on his worst days! I'll have to just be patient and wait for him to tell me when he's ready.
    I know how to be patient, thankfully.

+++++

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Sweet. But somehow I thing of Shaun the Sheep as Luke now... what a crossover! [face_rofl][face_laugh]

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Luke's POV

~~~~!!

Han warned me that it was no good keeping secrets from your lady. It always came back to bite you in a very uncomfortable spot, figuratively.
    But when it came time to reveal my surprise to Mara, the Force bond between us fairly tingled with my anticipation of her delight. I treated her to dinner at a very nice restaurant topped off by slices of very decadent dessert with sweet sprinkles on top and lavish cream.
    Then I casually mentioned a stroll past the hangar to check on my newly refurbished X-wing.

Mara gave me a pointed look as if to say: Now maybe you'll tell me what all the secrecy is about?

When I led her to the part of the hangar for larger transports, her curiosity only increased.

"Mara, I know how much it meant to you and for you to give up the Jade's Fire. On more than one level. I love you for the largeness of that sacrifice and wanted to give you something that you hopefully may come to treasure as much." I handed her the key-code to a sleek star-yacht with elegant lines, spruced up weaponry and sensor arrays, and as green as her lovely eyes.

She gaped and her sense through the Force was astounded then elated. I could tell she loved it, and she was bursting with gratitude.

"Luke." She breathed. "It's lovely."

This reaction was why I had kept it a secret; it had not been easy but sweet skies, it was proving to be worth it!

"Want to take her out for a test flight tomorrow?" I asked, knowing the answer.

"Oh yes!" Mara exclaimed. I knew she would be counting the minutes until first light.

"What will you call this one?" I asked.
    Mara considered. "It's sharp and unique." She said. "The Jade Sabre.

Perfect, I thought. Absolutely perfect.

+++++
    [face_love]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    Ridley Solo and Ewok Poet like this.
  12. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Late to the party, but this whole thing had me squee-ing like a little girl! :D Ahh, the mush! The wonderful, glorious, melty mush! [face_love] It's enough to drown in...and I looooove it! We don't get to see cute, awkward, Jedi Luke in love enough, and he's so freaking adorbs with Mara here, I can't stand it! [face_love]

Love, love, looooove this! ^:)^

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] So happy you liked it and Luke in love -- is just too yummy for words! And [face_laugh] "I can't stand it" - that's also my phrase of bursting with delightness. ;) [:D] !!

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love the banter and Mara getting her ship