main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA All Officers, Meeting Reminder: Thursday, 7:30pm

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MALICE_MIZER, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Well, looks like the OCSWS site is bye-bye, which thoroughly sucks. Since we had the Officer's thread there mentioning the meeting on Thursday, thought I'd post a reminder here, we WILL be having an Officer's Meeting this Thursday, Oct. 6h, 7:30pm PST at Lamppost Pizza in Orange (I will have an address posted here if any of you folks need it).

Topics to be discussed:

- Re-instatement of the Saber Class/Fan Film

- Planning for Relay for Life

- Organizing an Episode III DVD release event for Nov. 1st, possibly combined with the Orange Circle Halloween event.

- Aftermath of the boards going down, and moving forward.

- Chancellor nomination discussion.

I hope you, my fellow officers can attend. Will see you there!

2. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Barring the destruction of this planet by a certain "small moon" or a sudden deluge of homework/studying or some other equally catastrophic event, I'll be there.

3. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    Thank you. I posted this very early this morning, and you are the 1st to respond. I was beginning to think folks weren't going to make it.

4. Khellik_Shaedin

Khellik_Shaedin Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    Sorry it took so long, I had a hard time finding the "Front Door" to this place. I'll be there. (this is Peter, or PK Jedi. I guess my user name was being...used)

5. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    Dude, you guys or going to hate me...My sister called me last night from her hotel in Hawaii...she needs me to pick her up from LAX on Thursday, at 9pm. There's no way I can make this meeting now. Unless we reschedule for earlier in the afternoon that day, or any other day, I can swing this. Otherwise, I will totally not be there for this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

6. Khellik_Shaedin

Khellik_Shaedin Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    I can do it earlier if need be.

7. Lady-Vader

Lady-Vader Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    We REALLY need to have this meeting, and the coming weeks aren't going to work for a lot of us due to scheduling conflicts. It's either now or never.

Aaron just called me and he's basically made an executive decision that the meeting SHOULD take place tomorrow:

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2005

8:00PM

DENNY'S
    907 S BEACH BLVD., ANAHEIM, CA
    (click on link to get a map)

The reason for 8pm is that Barry can not make it until that time. And the reason for Denny's is because Lampost closes at 9pm, and they WILL kick us out, regardless if we are done or not.

I concur with Aaron's executive decision. However, if anyone has any problems with this, they can post them here and we will try to resolve them.

8. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
  9. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    I will be there.

10. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    As per my job. Here are the minutes of what went down at this meeting. Members please feal free to post below with questions or PM me.

Officers Meeting 10/06/05 at Denny?s 8:00

I. There is going to a vote for Chancellor on the November Meeting

II. Voted Yes that the president can only appoint or remove an officer or event with a simple majority vote of the Officers

III. No confidence ? Any member can, at any time, call for a vote of no confidence in any officer. The must be seconded by one other member. For the purposes of a call for vote of no confidence or any other vote, a member is hereby defined as any person that has attended more than one meeting in the past six months. Once that criteria has been met, a vote will take place at an official meeting. All members are eleigible to vote provided they have attended more than one club meeting. The vote passes when a majority votes to pass. No provision of this amendment shall override any ruling handed down by Fan Force RSAs or GSAs.

IV. Proxy voting ? Must be announced on the boards beforehand. In order to be eligible to vote by proxy, you must have attended a monthly meeting within the last six months.

V. Message Boards ? We use the TF.N boards exclusively.

VI. Saber Class ? Will be voted on in November meeting. No proxy votes unless meet requirements

VII. Midnight Madness ? Anthony is in charge of this. See him for details.

VIII. UCI Medical Center ? Official charity. Anne Marie will find outif we can get permission for them to be our Official Charity.

IX. Checking Account ? In order to dispense reimbursements easily, the club will purchase checks for the club account. Don as Treasurer and the Chancellor will be authorized to write checks.

X. Relay Reimbursement ? The club Entry Fee and waters will be reimbursed.

XI. November 18th. ? Harry Potter viewing to be headed up by James.

XII. Officers Advisor - Barry is an appointed officer with a title of Officers Advisor.

XIII. Attendance - Officers in Attendance were Aaron, Don, Erik, Peter, James, Anne Marie and Barry.

Footnote: The policy changes will be reflected in a revised charter to be posted soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.