main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST All Officially Confirmed INFO HERE (see last page)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Star Wars
    Episode VII
    Retirement of the Jedi

stormcloud8 likes this.
  2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    How about "Episode VII: The end of the EU"?

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Don't we have a thread for potential titles? o_O

How about those announcements! *crickets*

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Could be, KK did say Abrams was "on a break" at CE2 but that she talked to him through Skype all the time. If he was given assurances that he could still get his other work done I'm sure he would have agreed to stay.

They have scripts for the show sitting on shelves somewhere in Lucasfilm, Disney suggested ABC might run with it. But I doubt it will ever be the way Lucas intended, Disney will never do a TV show that is "Deadwood meets The Sopranos" as much as many of us would love to see it.

5. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

Are those cricket noises the result of no responses and the otherwise dearth of tangible news at the moment? Having said that, speculating on titles is a tad off this threads topic.

6. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Yeah there's already a topic for that!

7. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Well, July was a pretty uneventful month for Ep7 news, especially compared to June (as seen below). Quite a few rumors got debunked or shut down quickly, such as JJ Abrams leaving the project etc. Here's what we got from July in chronological order:
    • Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron may have roles, although Gosling's agent denies the rumor.
    • John Williams confirmed, which everyone already knew.
    • Kathleen Kennedy says focus is on character, story, and location shooting, rather than CGI overload.
    • The codename for Ep7 production is "Foodles", however the rumor that shooting would begin in August was officially denied.

8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Just for those that don't know. Foodles is also the name of Disney's snack pack of fruits and veggies they make.

9. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't know if this qualifies as an announcement (I don't know if this still fits this forum, since they took away the "Ep 7 and Beyond," and now it is just "Ep. 7"), but at least it is something new (discussion in this forum is growing repetitious, we need news, pray for something at D23).

Looks like there is still a chance for that live action TV show; I hope this happens....

http://www.theforce.net/story/front...Lucasfilm_About_Star_Wars_TV_Shows_153542.asp

10. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
  11. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Yeah.....no. Eomer/Bones would not work....great actor, though.

12. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    fisher getting into shape?evidence couldnt be seen at CE2 :p

13. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Imo Fisher looked pretty good. But most improvement was seen with Hamill. If he just uses a few more pounds he will rock that Jedi robe.

14. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013
    Remember Mark said that Lucas wouldn't recast the original actors/characters if they weren't interested in coming back. To me, that says that the script was written so that their screen time will be limited. Don't panic, though... you may or may not know that Anthony Hopkin's character only appeared in 16 minutes out of the 118-minute run time of Silence of the Lambs so that's not to say they can't be important to the story, and have their impact felt in a short amount of time.

With ^that in mind, they can push these particular scenes towards the end of shooting and give Mark and Carrie ample time to get into shape.

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I would say that discussions about the Big 3 actors' ages and weights should go in the Big 3 thread, but we've already gotten past the point where joking about them being old or fat was OK anyway. ;)

16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    What if they make a "confirmed announcement" about their weights? No, J/K, those jokes have been run into the ground.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  17. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    That article doesn't say that JJ asked him to play a role in Star Wars, though. It's just him on his own saying that the Trek actors shouldn't be in Wars.

So, JJ didn't try to cast him. No worries. ;)

Lee_ likes this.
  18. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    I agree on Hamill, he looked much better than at CE.
    Anthony Daniels at least has a good shape as usual , but then he is british :p

19. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Assuming they are cast for the movie, the will all be fine come time for principal shooting. We really need to get away from this topic.

20. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Everyday I come here hoping for exciting news. Everyday I die a little inside when I see nothing. [face_frustrated]

JJ, save my life!

21. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    A lot of people are in the same boat, my friend.

22. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012

Since Urban probably won't be in a Dredd sequel, he should be the new Batman in the Superman vs Batman movie.

But I digress. I am seriously starting to feel like a junkie without his fix with this lack of news. I thought there would be at least a title reveal or something at one of the big conventions...

Maharishineo likes this.
  23. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    maybe that's what they want, to get us so starved for new info, that when the movie comes out,will be more hyped than we were for TPM

24. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yes, but they can't keep everything secret forever. Some things will get leaked.

25. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    the only leaks will probably be during filming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.