main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All-Ohio Cookout

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    AJ, the Cincy city rep, have started planning this. The current plans are for it to be in Cincinnati this year. We're looking at sometime in July or August for a date.

I know it's a long drive to Cincinnati (I've done it more than once), but I think we can do it in one day.

2. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    It's not that bad of a drive :)
    I think it sounds like fun :D

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I'll be there...we're taking back the title kids, make NO mistake about it!

4. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Good, then I can kick your behind in a light saber duel!! :D

5. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    The sad thing about being a college kid...

You don't get to do spiffy JKOC stuff when you're on break and actually have time to do this sort of thing!

The Grand Rapids chapter had better get its tail up and moving, lest I feel deprived over the summer. :p

6. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    After a specific date is established and I figure out my summer plans, I'll see if anyone from Boston or RI wants to take a road trip out to Ohio for this. I had a lot of fun at the cookout last summer, and I really don't want to miss the next one. :)

7. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I'd like to go too, but as Rosie stated, I'd like a definite date first. I'll most likely be in grad school by then, and I don't know that I'll be able to make it.

8. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I'll be going, don't care what day is...it will be a blast like the two before! :D

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Good, then I can kick your behind in a light saber duel
    You weren't even at the last All-Ohio...so what are you taking credit for? Besides, anytime you want to cross lightsabers with me and my crew...Ladies first! :D

I think the point of this (and the discussion among CRs) is to narrow down the choices of which day to have the event. Traditionally, we've been meeting in late June...so it might be good to keep things thre.

10. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    Cool, I'd be willing to go.

11. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I'll need some good advance notice. Two of the four docs are on vacation that month, so my weekends in June are REALLY tight.

And I'm thinking that Lady Lucas needs to be paired up against our Cindy. [face_devil]

12. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......*sucks in some air*...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA...

:D :D :D :D

Now that I need to see!

13. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    And I'm thinking that Lady Lucas needs to be paired up against our Cindy. [face_devil]

Exactly Kim: [face_devil] [face_devil]

Yeah, I'd like to come too.

14. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    Sounds good to me. I'll need to know the exact dates before giving a definate yes.

Would this be a 1 or 2 day trip?

15. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Oh you know I'd win... right Krash??? ;)
    Seriously though I wasn't at the last cookout because I was in Spain for vacation. Pardon me! :D

It would be cool to meet those of you that I haven't seen in person. Depending on how long you plan to stay...one day/ two days???? I would like to have you guys over to our house(Ludovic and I) for a party or 2nd cookout. We'll see how it goes but we've got a pretty nice Star Wars collection we'd like to show you and entertain your company. :)

16. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Well, the last two have been one day, but it would be really cool to have a two day cookout!

17. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    I wasn't at the last cookout because I was in Spain for vacation

Where did you visit in Spain? I went last summer too.

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Having a 2 day cookout would be "interesting" but not practical. First, you have to worry about where to spend the night. Some people have a dificult time getting 1 day off work (on the weekend)...getting both would limit the number of those who could go.

Second, many of our members still are under parental supervision, and those parent swant thier kids home at night!

Besides, after Cleveland opens a "Great Lakes Brewery" can of whoop ###, and reclaims the title...they're gonna throw us out of the city!

19. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I agree. Like I said in my initial post, going there and back again in one day isn't that hard. We may all be sleepy the next day, but I think we can manage.

Unless we hold it after Candace and Debbie go back to Xavier. Then we'll all just hole up in their dorm room for the night. [face_devil]

20. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Anyway, if you know when you go back to school, or on vacation or are otherwise unavailable, can you please post it? Right now we're looking at July or August.

21. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    I am open at any time - it is just finding a ride down that there that doesn't taking a wheelchair with them and helping me in and out of a car. :\

22. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    July/August is fine except for the third week in July. I'll be in Dallas on company business. One day to drive four hours there and back? You guys are brave! You'll hve to get an early start! :D

Darthvaderrocks06, I was in Spain last August and we were in a small town just north of Valencia called Xeraco. My husband's parents own an apartment over there on the beach and it is just beautiful there! :)
    What part of Spain did you visit?

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    After some interesting PMs from Lady Lucas...it would seem that I am not welcomed to All-Ohio this year. I have forward copies of her PMs to me to DJ, and her harassment of me will be dealt with. AJ, Ludo, I know you two are going to back anything LL says (regardless of how little truth there is in it)

I can't speak for everyone...but if she (and the Cincy FF) tried to prohibit any of us from going, for whatever reason...I wouldn't feel comfortable going (I look out for my friends) But that's just me!

24. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Lady_Lucas was opening her house as a place to stay the night if need be, and as a location for a second-day activity if there was one.

Before anyone jumps to any conclusions about Lady_Lucas and Krash, feel free to read some of the threads in question on the Cincy Boards.

25. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    That is correct. My house was a "2nd" party place if you guys were going to stay 2 days. Since you are only staying one day there needs to be only one meeting place. I was under the impression that we would have it at a park or something like that.

If there was really no other place for people to spend the night(if you guys planned to stay the night) Ludo and I are happy to host people in our house since we have two extra bedrooms. :)

I would not "ban" Krash or anyone from the cookout! I want to see all of you there! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.