main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All-Ohio Cookout

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    This is not very fair of you Krash. Lady_Lucas wrote as a reply to this phrase wrote by you: "I'm afraid I will have to respectfully decline any invitiation to your home." So you were not banned, you declined the invitation. :)

2. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    wow...I have read the PM's that Geoff has shown me..and in my opionion there are many ways of looking at your texts Lady_Lucas....not to start anything but some people take PM's different then you mean...

3. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I certainly don't want any discourse with the fanforce members in Cleveland. The situation that went on between Geoff and I were in "PM" form for a good reason! ;) Remember there are two sides to every story. Since he is not a RSA anymore I feel it is pointless to drag it out. When there were issues of him over exercising his power on the Cincinnati boards I had the core of the Cincinnati fanforce, aka Padawan_Schlicher, Darth_lady_of_the_sith, Rober-A-Fett, Angry_Bith, Qui-Gon_Ludo, DARTHAUDITOR, Exalted_1, CaptCorranHorn and myself(Lady_Lucas) agree that Krash was going over the top.

Seriously, I don't want the "cookout" thread to become a mud slinging thread. :)
    Speaking of the cookout did you guys have it in a park last year?

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Yes, when we hosted...we had it at Tinker's Creek (in the metroparks) and when Columbus hosted it was at a public park as well.

Remember there are two sides to every story
    Yes there are, and everything I had done as RSA (on the Cincy board) was at the request of people too afraid to speak up for fear of reprisal by you and that group you just mentioned. Up here, we allow everyone to speak freely...so don't try to lay that pile of dren on me.

5. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    People afraid of little ole' moi? I could not imagine that! [face_laugh] :)

So are you guys still wanting to do the cookout at a park or would you prefer someone's house?

6. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I have to say that your 5'4'' and 110 lbs really scares the **** out of me sometimes Lady_Lucas ;)
    Anyways, I really think it is time for EVERYBODY to let go of that whole thing now, all that drama is getting exhausting!! People can have very different views on things wich doesn't mean they cannot be friends!! :)
    I think the cookout would be better in a park, a house wouldn't have enough room for all those people :)
    But the offer for people who would like to stay over night is still on. Plus you guys could check my humble SW collection too :) And I promise I won't let LL bite anybody! :eek: (except me ;) )

7. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, it may be better to have it at a park because it will be difficult to have a Geonosian arena-sized lightsaber battle in your home. ;)

8. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    [face_laugh] You crack me up hunny buns! [face_love]

We'll research some park names and decide together, ok? :)

9. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I agree, it should be a park. It's just easier for a large number of people to get together there and be goofy at a park. Plus then nothing gets broken by swinging lightsabers.

10. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    .....or actually breaking a lightsaber like someone did at our house at our Halloween party! oooooppsss! :D

This is going to be fun!

11. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    My... Qui-Gon... Lightsaber..... :_|

12. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    I know! I promise it wasn't me! [face_blush]

13. nero_2burn

nero_2burn Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2004
    Did you all have one of your super duper secret meetings dedicated to Krash? Seeing what ways, if any, he can be eliminated? I am siding with Krash on this one. He may have a tendency to counter your ideas on a semi-regular basis but the way he and another member was pounced on in the Passion thread has no excuse and that type of behavior is unnaceptable.

btw there is none.

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    People afraid of little ole' moi?
    Fear implies intimidation...and you couldn't intimidate me on your best day.

nero_2burn, I appreciate the support...but let's not drag the drama from the Cincy boards here. This is Cleveland...and here, we allow all of our friends to speak freely at the table.

Apparently (according to padawan_schlicher), the cookout itself will be held at a public park. So there shouldn't be a problem with attending the "official" event. As for anything afterwards...I'd be interested in calling the boys from Ohio Garrison and hang out with them! We all know them...they're cool...sounds like a plan!

15. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Wow, I go out of town for a little over a day and come back and things have gotten worse, then seem to have worked themselves out somewhat. I'm glad for that, at least on the worked themselves out bit.

At the moment I'm thinking Sharon Woods as a possible location for the cookout, it's right off of 275 on the north side which will be nice for everyone coming from the north.

BTW there's no reason members from the 501st couldn't come to the cookout too!

16. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Sharon Woods is a great idea. Since Cleveland members have to drive so far, the north side(of Cincinnati) is better! :) Do you remember padawan_schlicher if you have to reserve a "picnic" spot there?

17. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    not sure, but I would guess so. That's why I want to get a good idea of a date we want to do it NOW so we can be sure and get the picnic spot we want.

18. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    "Did you all have one of your super duper secret meetings dedicated to Krash?"

Nop, not really can't recall ever having a secret meeting... :) The subject was discussed like any other thing happening in our FF or on the boards. And I agree with Krash, let's stop dragging that stuff around, it is stupid and really not necessary! People agree, disagree.. oh well! I still think Krash is an overall good guy, not some evil boards inquisition dude ;)

I was thinking that we should put a poll up for people to vote on a date, so we can start organizing things a little!

19. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    August 14th and 15th are out for me. Wizard World Chicago. There are rumors the director of Comic Book: The Movie might attend.

20. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    You know...I really don't feel like going to this one... maybe Krash can just go...

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I agree with Ludo, a poll would give everyone a chance to share which weekends work best for them.

Might be good to considerthe major conventions going on during the summer? Having it the weekend of Origins...or any other convention in the area would limit how many people can go. Early July is bad...because peope schedule vacations around the 4th.

22. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    I agree that a poll would be a good idea, but do you think we should narrow it down a bit first? Maybe we should get 5 or 6 weekends based on when conventions are and when people absolutely can't make it, then put up polls...

23. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    We were talking about it on the Cincy boards that Saturday would probably be the best day of the week because that will give you guys who are driving from afar a chance to rest on Sunday. What do you think?

24. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I agree that Saturday is probably the best.

25. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I think a Satuarday is a good idea for me....that just means I need to take off work, cause I usually work Saturdays...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.