main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All-Ohio Fanforce Cookout - Columbus Aug 2nd

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Columbus cookout - August 2nd:
    Krash
    _-Reborn_Jedi-_
    Jade-Walker
    Random
    ???Random's Youngling???
    Padawan92

I'm going to Cedar Point more then likely on July 5 because of band so then that means I can tell all of you how the new coaster is! :D

2. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    ???Random's Youngling???
    Yeah, yeah. We've heard that before! 8-}

Either date for CP is good for me. ;)

3. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Well dang! I have a wedding to go to on August 2. I really wanted to go to Columbus and meet all of the FF?s. :_|

I have already been on Dragster twice. My first wait was 5 1/2 hours. My second wait was 4 hours. Its a great ride! :D

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    It better be a great ride...for a 4-5 hour wait! Once Darth-Zod puts up the poll for Cedar Point...we can settle on a day to go.

5. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Yes Don, I did have fun. I went on the Raptor, Corkscrew, Blue Streak, Gemini, and the Iron Dragon. I also went on the Scrambler and the train ride. No, I didn't throw up, but I felt like I was going to when I was waiting in line for the Raptor. Sorry Don, I didn't win you a little stuffed animal. I'm going again on Friday with all of the physics classes, and I might try to force myself on the Mean Streak. A lot of my friends told me that the new rollercoaster isn't bad, since it's so fast that you barely have anytime to think about it or feel it. I don't understand why anyone would want to wait in line for that long, though. I wouldn't wait that long for any ride.

6. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I agree. I think I'll just go on that one another time. No sense in wasting the whole day in one line.

The Mean Streak? I hate that one. It's too jerky. I've gotten a migraine every time I've been on it!

7. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    No sense in wasting the whole day in one line.

I totally agree with that. For those of you who want to spend all day in line, go ahead. The others will go and ride the Raptor. :D (And me for the first time! ;))

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I mean we're SW fans...it's not like it's part of our nature to stand in long lines for HOURS, for one thing! (realizes that Krash was at Celebration II, and opening day SE, TPM and AOTC) Nevermind! :D

Getting back "on target"...lines are part of going to an amusement park, like Cedar Point. But if/when we go...it'll be nice having a large group of people to pass the time in line. BMack and I have been going the last couple years (in the Fall) with a group of our friends...and the group was more fun then some of the attractions.

EDIT: I've informed all the FF chapter (in our area) as well as posted about the CP poll on the CR boards...now we'll have to wait for some results

9. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    D'oh! That cookout is sounding like a lot of fun! But I'll still be at camp!

*goes to sulk in corner*

10. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    I would be interested in going to Cedar Point. Maybe this time I'll actually be able to make it.

Unfortunately I'm going to be at a Farscape Con in Chicago the first weekend in August so I won't be able to go to Columbus.

11. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Yes Don, I did have fun. I went on the Raptor, Corkscrew, Blue Streak, Gemini, and the Iron Dragon. I also went on the Scrambler and the train ride.

I knew I should have put adventurous on that thing you asked me to do. Raptor is the best coaster I've ever been on. I also dig the Iron Dragon. It's fun and the lines aren't real long anymore.

No, I didn't throw up, but I felt like I was going to when I was waiting in line for the Raptor.

Maybe next time. :p

Sorry Don, I didn't win you a little stuffed animal.

:_|

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Unfortunately I'm going to be at a Farscape Con in Chicago the first weekend in August so I won't be able to go to Columbus.

Another Farscape fan...you'll fit in around here just fine! Now I'm the one jealous of you...going to Chicago. Please give my best regards to "Scorpious" and tell him to take this chip outta my head! :D

13. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Raptor is the best coaster I've ever been on.

I don't know. When I went on it the first time, the little claspy thing that connects the seat and the shoulder harness undid! I was scared to death that I was going to fall out of the ride! [face_shocked]

14. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    Another Farscape fan...you'll fit in around here just fine! Now I'm the one jealous of you...going to Chicago. Please give my best regards to "Scorpious" and tell him to take this chip outta my head!

Yeah! More Farscape fans! and ones in Cleveland! Most of my Farscape friends are out of state. We only get to meet in RL at these cons. Last time I was at one I ran into another SW fan and we spent the rest of the night discussing SW not Farscape.

Ask Scorpius to take the chip put of your head? But Krash don't you like Harvey? Or is he objecting to you obsessing over Star Wars when you should be concentrating on finding the secrets of wormhole travel?

I'm not much for roller coasters but I do like the quiter rides and playing skeeball.

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    So just to keep everyone updated:

June
    June 7th: Fanforce Meeting - Tinker's Creek 1PM
    June 28th: RoP filming (time TBA)
    June 29th: Candii's graduation party (noon)

July

August
    August 2nd: Columbus cookout
    August 23rd: Cedar Point

16. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I know that Tuesdays are all you can eat wing night for $10 at Quaker Steak... I was thinking maybe we might want to all go together on a Tuesday? Just a suggestion.

17. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Random we try to say away from weekdays. People could have things going on during the week then on the weekend.

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Padawan, you do have a point...we have tried to stay on the weekends, because people tend to have more free time on the weekends (not always). But Random's idea shouldn't be ruled out all together because of this.

We'll have to see Random, it's a good idea.

19. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    BOY HOWDY! is that a good idea! my baseball team went there last season and we had a blast... unfortunately, i can't expound upon all the jokes because this is in fact a family board. PM me if you want to know.

-b-

20. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I think Quaker Steak on a Tuesday would be fun :D

People aren't going to be able to make think whether they fall on a weekday or weekend regardless. ;)

So we're set for Cedar Point on the 23rd then?

21. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Yummy, Quaker Steak & Lube... :) (ate there tonight when I was in Erie after visiting a JCer.)

I'm all for it! :)

I have to tell you this, I have to tell you guys (this is from my friend) that I have met the wonderful and fantastic Lieutenant_Page who is the coolest person in the world. :D

Page made me do it. ;)

22. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    My party got changed to the 29th. It starts at noon, and goes til whenever. It's at Brooklyn Exchange Cabin in Hinkley Reservation. Anybody who's coming, tell me soon please.

P.S. I am definately not going to be able to go to Cedar Point with you guys because I have to be at Xavier on the 22nd.

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    If you think the party will be going past 7pm...I can make it (have to work all day Sunday)

24. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    I think that it should. And if you want to, you can drop in Friday or Saturday night. We have the cabin all weekend.

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Just something we were talking about at the meeting...to celebrate our favorite mullet's appearance in the upcoming "Pirates of the Carribean" we should all get together and go see the movie opening weekend!

You're gonna have to tell us which scenes you're in...so we can all start cheering at awkward moments in the film ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.