All-Ohio Fanforce Cookout - Columbus Aug 2nd

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Celebration II.75 - August 2nd:
    Krash
    JarJarJedi
    swchick
    swchick's sister (what is it with siblings lately?)
    Padawan92

Cedar Point 2003 - August 23rd:
    Krash
    JarJarJedi
    Jade-Walker
    Padawan92
  2. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I've been checking in with other FF chapters, and it looks like Detroit IS NOT coming down for Cedar Point...our date is the weekend before Dragon*Con, and it appears not many people are able to do both. Haven't heard anything positive from any of the other area chapters...do we still want to go, or should we do something closer to home?
  3. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually, I was wondering about Cedar Point myself. Pittsburgh had talked a while ago about making it a weekend trip out there and Mrs. Jedi 1966 had looked into getting a group discount price (as she mentioned on your Cedar Point thread) but I hadn't heard anything recently . . .

I was going to bring it up at our July 27th monthly meeting, but was hoping for some more info (like meeting up with our fellow fanboys and fangirls, plans for the day, prices, etc)

So, what all is up with this?
  4. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    After talking it over with everyone involved...we decided to "postpone" any trip to Cedar Point. There is a chance of Detroit coming down for "Halloweekends" so I'll keep everyone updated.

That opens up August 23rd for our scheduled meeting (under the new bi-monthly system)...I'm open for suggestions.

Another thing being discussed was going to an Akron Aeros game...possibly one of the dates that has fireworks? (Aug 1st or 15th)
    Again, suggestions are always helpful.
  5. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    This just in...go to the Columbus boards so they know how many people to expect for All-Ohio Fanforce Cookout 2003.

So far, we've got 5 people...not bad, but we could really make a good showing at this. Anyone want to arrange car-pooling, I've got room for 2 more people in "Moya".

And just a reminder, we're the "defending lightsaber champs" (from Celebration II.5) and we have a reputation to uphold! So those of you who "rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"...keep August 2nd clear on your calander! RoP guys...think of this as "field testing" for your lightsaber battles!!!

All-Ohio Fanforce Cookout - August 2nd:
    Krash
    JarJarJedi
    swchick
    swchick's sister (we need to get you a screenname!)
    Padawan92
  6. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    My brother and I will be there if I am available that day, and I don't see it being a problem.

Krash
    JarJarJedi
    swchick
    Padawan92
    Random
    Wheat Thin (My nickname for my bro)
  7. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    You guys are welcome to meet at my house, and then we can carpool down to C-bus from here.

(Rosie and Saralyn, I know that you need a ride... I don't think that Saralyn wants to drive down to C-bus. ;))
  8. Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, cool. I want to go to the cookout, but it seems like quite a drive. :( I'll try to talk my dad into it. But I really want to got to Cedar Point! That sounds like alot of fun.
  9. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    There is still a chance of going to Cedar Point later in the Fall (Halloweekends)...it's just with Dragon*Con so close (the following weekend) to our date for CP, many people were unable to do both.
  10. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hehe, how'd you guess Cindy? Same as the last two Columbus trips we've made together, Saralyn can drive with me up to your house and then we'll just ride with you down there. Sound good?

Too bad this cookout wasn't a little later. I think I'm getting my cast off around the 6th (well, hopefully that is). I'm sick of mooching rides off of people (and being called a cripple). :p
  11. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Sounds good Rosie.

And this isn't mooching it off of me this time, it was kinda agreed upon that I'd drive you down I thought before this happened.

Oh, but we have to go to Tim Hortons. :)
  12. Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Master

star 4

Krash
    JarJarJedi
    swchick
    Padawan92
    Random
    Wheat Thin (My nickname for my bro)
    DVR
    DVR's dad

What time does it start?

Does anyone have directions?
  13. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I suggest we establish one or several rendezvous point(s) (one on the east side of town, one on the west side, etc) for the trip where we can meet to carpool down together. This would make traveling all the way down to C-bus easier.
  14. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Eric, that's why I suggested my house to meet at. It's on the way. Plus, it's only a hour and 45 minutes travel down from here.
  15. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Got this from the Columbus boards, contact laser310 for more details directions.

From Cleveland:
    Take 71 S to 270 W, which as you go around turns to 270 S. Get off on the Braod St exit going West. Then go five miles and turn left on Darby Creek Drive. Park Entrance is about three miles on your right

"What of the reports of the Rebel Fleet massing near Medina"
    While Cindy's place is in the general direction, why don't we meet somewhere just off I-71...rather then drive to Cindy's and have to turn around. That way, we can all jump to hyperspace and arrive in Columbus! As far as who's driving, we can arrange to car-pool as many people as possible:

"Moya" (Krash's car)
    Krash
    Padawan92
    OPEN
    OPEN

Cindy
    JarJarJedi
    starwarschick14
    Saralyn
    ?

DVR family?
    DVR
    DVR's dad
    ? (that's up to DVR's dad)

All-Ohio Fanforce Cookout RSVP
    Just a reminder, please post an RSVP on the Columbus board. So they know how many of us to expect.

So far, no start time has been announced...but I would expect to hit the road fairly early in order to get there by early afternoon. stay tuned...

All-Ohio Fanforce Cookout - August 2nd
    Krash
    JarJarJedi
    swchick
    Saralyn (we need to get you a screenname!)
    Padawan92
    Random
    Wheat Thin (same with you kid)
    DVR
    DVR's dad (should we call him "Midichlorians"?) ;)

16. Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Master

star 4
    DVR's dad (should we call him "Midichlorians"?) LOL! [face_laugh]

I might be bringing my friend Micah, he lives in Massillon. I'll try to get him a screen name. Should I make a cheesecake or 2?

All-Ohio Fanforce Cookout - August 2nd
    Krash
    JarJarJedi
    swchick
    Saralyn (we need to get you a screenname!)
    Padawan92
    Random
    Wheat Thin (same with you kid)
    DVR
    DVR's dad ("Midichlorians")
    ?Micah W.?
  17. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Since we are talking about food...what should we be making for the cookout or are we bringing anything!
  18. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I'll try to get him a screen name
    As long as he's within TF.N's age limit...that's fine (always welcome new people to the boards) But we're currently looking at options for people who don't have a screenname to become active. If he wants one...fine, but don't think he can't come without one.

Should I make a cheesecake or 2?
    Don't go crazy with the cooking...but it would be nice to bring something for everyone to share. Emily purchased that SW cookbook...so I was going to see if we could bring some of her "Wookie Cookies" (they're good)
  19. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, age is the reason my brother doesn't post.
  20. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    If anyone wants some interesting foods for the cookout you should try some of the recipes in the Star Wars cookbook or the party book! I have both. :D
  21. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Darth Clerical said anyone wanting to bring something to eat is welcome to do so...I'm chipping in a couple bucks for burgers and such (optional)

Games (Columbus is arranging details):
    lightsaber battle/freeze tag (I want to repeat as champions of that!)
    Fanforce Chapter Team SW Trivial Pursuit
    tug-o-war?
    bocci?
  22. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
  23. Malo-ha Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll be in Chicago on Aug. 2nd satisfying my inner Farscape geek but I'm interested in Cedar Point in October. I just need to know in time to ask for the day off.

Didn't someone talk about getting together on a Tuesday night sometime for wings?
  24. skyedancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Malo-ha, I can't go either due to work but I did tell the elusive niece about it since she is always popping down to C-bus anyway. Anyway, Master Krash was mentioning a possible get-together on August 23 (Wednesday) for Pirates and dinner at Quaker State on Mullet's Hollywood Update Thread. Is that what you are remembering?
  25. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    But if we go to QS on a WEDNESDAY isn't that biker night!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.