main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All-Ohio Fanforce Cookout - Columbus Aug 2nd

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    so we don't have to travel all the way down your street?
    That was why I wanted to meet someplace near I-71 South...avoid backtracking.

Ok, sounds like we've got a plan in the making:
    Moya is going to pick up Reborn...
    and then head down I-71 until we reach the back of the parking lot of Burger King...ETA 10AM

From there we'll drive along I-71 South to Bob Evans at the intersection of 71 and 30...ETA around 10:30AM

And then we all drive to the destination in Columbus. Sounds simple (right?)

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    so we don't have to travel all the way down your street?
    That was why I wanted to meet someplace near I-71 South...avoid backtracking.

*sigh* But if you go down River Styx Road, you won't be backtracking. If I meet you at Aldi's, I will be backtracking... a half an hour total. My house is practically off of I-71, because I-71 follows River Styx Road.

Okay, Just to get everyone straight... Rt. 18's exit for I-71 is about 12 miles away from my house. The I-71/I-76 Interchange is like 8 miles from my house, but you still have to travel north on I-71 about 10 miles to get to Rt. 18. It's longer that way. It's faster to go down River Styx Rd. Therefore my house is on the way. I live between the exits, and the Interchange is closer than the Rt. 18 exit, if you are going to all points south. But if you are going to Cleveland and all points north, Rt. 18 is the way to go.

If you are still confused, IM me. ;)

Oh, you all are going to make me go insaine by the end of the week at this rate... and with cleaning for the baby shower and everything... [face_plain]

3. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I just go in the car with him...all I understand is there are numbers! Wow!

But tomorrow or Friday I will be going and making the Wookie Cookies, Padme's Power Bars, and the Clone Tropper Cupcakes! :D Plus my dad is starting to get into makeing chocolate! He wants to spray-paint chocolate AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

4. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Bob Evans...sounds good, Could you be a little more specific about this "71 and 30" thing? I'm not real familiar with that area (it's been a couple years) what is the exit number there?

Krash, the exit # is 176. We'll meet you in the Parking lot.

I'm making the cheesecakes tomorrow.
    -DVR

5. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Will, I need to know if you want us to pick you up?

Ok, Cindy knows my cell # (if I'm not there by 10am exactly...don't freak out) DVR has my # as well.

Scattered Thunderstorms in Columbus
    Hey even the lovely Hollie Strano is wrong sometimes...besides, we'll have a pavillion IF something comes our way.

6. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Fine Cindy, I'll go all the way to your house then.

7. Darthvaderocks06

Feb 27, 2003
    Bad news, my friend Micah diched us. :( He's busy going to Cedar Point. By the way, when are we doing that? I don't think my ex-Boss & his wife are coming ethier. Oh well, more food for us!

8. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey DVR, I dunno how badly you want Star Wars Stratego, but I was at the Toys R Us in Randall (sort of like Mos Eisley in Greater Cleveland) and I saw it for either $15.99 or $16.99. I didn't pick it up because I wasn't sure that you would want it for this price, but if you do, I can make another run there for you. We can arrange payment at the cookout or another JKOC event if you want me to go back and get it.

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Ok, Will is meeting at my house around 9:15...
    We'll meet at the Lodi Burger King around 10...
    And Bob Evans, sometime around 10:30...
    Then on to Columbus!

I'm bringing the video camera, and Emily will have her camera...so we'll have plenty of pictures to share.

I hope everyone has "worked on your saber technique"...as well as their trivia (they promise to have some challenging questions)

May the Force be with us all...

10. Tuebor

Tuebor Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2001
    Sorry to have missed this one. Hope you're having a good time.

11. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I had a lot of fun guys! Hopefully I'll be home for the next one. And I plan on joining in the lightsaber fun next time assuming I don't have yet another injury that prevents me from doing so. :)

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I think we all had a good time, both seeing the folks from Columbus...as well as meeting a whole bunch of new people.

They say getting there is half the fun, well in our case it was half the work. We've got a bunch of stories (just from the drive down) to share with everyone Tuesday...and i'm sure we'll get various "certain points of view" on each story ;)

There was a really good turnout, and everyone seemed to get along great. Good food, good times...can't beat that! I'll have some pictures from the video camera soon.

Unfortunatly, we could not defend our title as lightsaber champions. Everyone played well, but in the end...this just wasn't our day.

Again, everyone is already looking forward to next year...and other chances to get together with the Ohio Fanforce Alliance (as the various CRs have been refering to it)

13. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    We all proved who is the best (or at least the best 2) Fanforce in Ohio! The joint Cincy and Dayton group won in trivial pursuit and in the saber dueling twice!

(Let it also be known that Cincy beat Dayton in Trivial Pursuit last month)

We pwned everyone!

14. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    W3 D0N'7 C4R3 1F j00 B347 U5... W3'R3 L337Z0R! W007 W007!

15. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
  16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That's it...next year, CRs "duel of the chapters!"

padawan_schlicher, I would think after our most recent (one-on-one) duel...you'd want to avoid a confrontation with me. I pwnd joo on a number of occasions! ;)
    EDIT: For someone with little experience (2nd time)...you DID real well.

Has anyone noticed that BOTH years...Columbus has neeed help? While The Jedi Knights of Cleveland take care of themselves? Heck, I was "last man standing" for us in the 1st game 5-1 odds...held them off for a while.
    Really, congratulations on the "Trival Pursuit" and lightsaber championship!

17. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    LOL!

It really was great to meet all of you, and i must say that I didn't do that bad of a job dueling considering it was my second time!

18. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    that was an awesome time, glad to have met everyone

19. Darthvaderocks06

Feb 27, 2003
    Well, I learned 2 things that day.

1. I need some new lightsabers.
    2. Bob Evans fornd the Lord.

We've got a bunch of stories (just from the drive down) to share with everyone Tuesday...and i'm sure we'll get various "certain points of view" on each story

What's happening on Tuesday?

And yeah Random, could you pick up that game for me? Thanks.
    -DVR

20. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    That was a fun time...I only wish I could have done more fighting and less defending! But the walkie-talkies were fun to talk to each other with! :D Plus we HAVE to get better on the trivia...we were the only ones who missed a question!!!

Not to mention a lot of people "borrowed" my sabers in the fighting...I had not maybe the Columbus team would have lost!!!!

21. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    Hrm.. There seems to be a great many mentionings of how Cincy and Dayton teamed up on everything. Next year, every chapter for themselves! Even with the lightsabers! Mwahaha.. *makes note to start a lightsaber search* -- And even with such disproportionate numbers, Dayton will rule! For we are few of number and taste good with hot sauce -- .. wait.. wrong saying..

22. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    DVR, on Tuesday is the Mullet Appreciation Night in Valley View.

And yeah, I'll be sure to get you SW Stratego when I get a chance.

23. Darthvaderocks06

Feb 27, 2003
    Oh, yeah I read about that. I can't make it. Sorry. (But I would like to meet someone who kissed Jeri Ryan! :D)

24. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Had a great time guys! Forgive me for not being the socialite - it's a bad habit of mine. The lightsaber battle was awesome, I sure got a fun workout from doing that! We definately need to do this again sometime. Although I need to be a little less psycho when fighting. Sorry to the poor girl whose double-bladed saber I chopped in half, and the guy who's arm I nearly cut off, and to the other fellow in which I got in the neck, unintentionally trying to re-enact the Mace/Jango scene. Hrmmm, much to learn, this jedi does...

25. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    actually it was the back of my head! Not a problem though! Once again nice to meet everyone, and beat everyone! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.