main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH All Ohio Picnic

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by padawan_schlicher, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    The time has come to start thinking about when will be best for the All Ohio Picnic this year. We are hosting it this year because of how great we did in the games we played last year; we kicked some major butt! (whoever wins the most games this year hosts next year too). I'm thinking Sharron Woods for the park to have it at. Now we just need to figure a date to do it. At this point we are figuring sometime from late June through early August because of school breaks etc. So if there are dates that you absolutely can't do post them here, or if you have dates you would prefer to have it on post those here too.

2. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I know for sure July 12-16 I will be in Dallas on company business. Any other date is fine.

3. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    what about july 5-11 then

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Wizard World Chicago is August 13-15. I'm probably going to that again, so that weekend is out for me.

5. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Do we want to aim for a weekend I assume? If so Saturday or Sunday?

6. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    I think a Saturday date would be better for most people. Sundays tend to be busy with family stuff, or schoolwork. Atleast that's how it is with most of the people I know.

7. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Plus, Cleveland folks have a bit of a drive, so it would give them Sunday to rest. I like the Saturday idea.

8. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I think that we should do it late August. That way Debbie & I will be back at school so we won't have worry about not being able to get down here just for the day.

9. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    I agree Saturady sounds like the best day! :)

10. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I think that we should do it late August. That way Debbie & I will be back at school so we won't have worry about not being able to get down here just for the day.

When do you go back in the fall?

11. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    I don't particularly care when exactly the picnic will be, I just don't want to sweat my butt off. Although, I could use to lose some of my butt... Err, but that's not the point. I'd like it to be late June or late August.

12. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    With you Jedi_Junkie and the school schedule of Candii and Debbie it looks more and more like the end of August would be better?

13. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I don't know when we go back right off-hand, but I know that this year we came the 2nd last weekend of August. Next year, since we won't have to worry about Freshman Orientation, we wouldn't have to come back until Sunday that weekend. So, I'd say that the weekend of August 27-29 would probably be the best weekend.

14. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    if you want a picnic during the summer what about end of august early september. we could combine it with going to the renisannce festival which is only on saturdays and sundays anyway. plus with a large enough group i think there is a discount.

15. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I can see it now:

Jedi knights vs Medieval knights!
    Bounty hunters vs Swashbuklers!

And the Question: "Nice Costume! What time period is it from?"

Just kidding! ;)

I think its a great idea...

16. nero_2burn

nero_2burn Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2004
    and the reply: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away...

17. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I don't see many Cleveland people being interested in a Ren Fair, sorry.

18. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    It would work better for me if it was after July 11 as I am be in Floridaa from the week of the 4th of July till the 10th.

19. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Hi Darth-Tynaus! We haven't seen you in awhile. I hope you can make it to the next meeting! :)

It is looking more and more like the end of August is going to be the best.

20. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    starting to look that way.

21. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    My schedule is not a problem since I am now without regular employment....

An Idea for additional activities:

Things I can offer to do at picnic-

Face painting
    Henna Tattooing
    Caricatures
    Makeup Demos
    Drawing Demos
    Lightsaber Demos
    Airbrushing T-shirts & such

22. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Sounds like some good ideas! I'm glad you really seemed to have jumped in and want to take an active roll in the group. That's great!

23. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    It occurred to me a long time ago that Star Wars is more than just a passing fascination with me. Nor is it an overriding obssesion which will eventually destroy me. It was, is, and will always be a part of who I am. To try and deny or suppress it in my life is to deny or suppress a part of myself.

The conflicts that I have had in my life mostly derive from either outside influences pressuring me to see my Fandom as some sort of deficiency within myself or from me trying to accomodate others by trying to believe what they are telling me. Both of those points of view are wrong. VERY wrong...

Without Star Wars I would not have seen the creativity within me, expanded my horizons to be curious about other cultures and beliefs, seen the beauty in the world around me, nor would I have been patient and tolerant enough to quietly persevere while my life produces one hardship after another. And it does this on a daily basis.

Make no mistake, Star Wars is a part of my life. A big part, but it isn't my Life. I don't require it to live. But it does help me to define how to live. To have the courage to follow my own path. To endeavor to do what I think is right. Reguardless if it benefits me or not. As long as I am true to who I am.

I guess what I'm saying is that I have figured out who I am in this crazy world of ours...

I am Me...

If you have a problem with that, well all I have to say about that is...

May the Force be with you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.