main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All Out?? RELOAD

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Well folks, today is the day! With The Matrix Reloaded coming to theaters, and Enter The Matrix out on several platforms, the Matrix truly will have me. Oh, and there's only a month until the Animatrix has me too. RELOAD, WHOA!

2. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I can't believe the day is upon us... Has it really been 4 or so years since we all first took the red pill and tumbled down the rabbit hole? I am so pumped to see this movie, not to mention getting the game tie-in on the same day. It's going to be a very exciting time.

"Unfortunately, noone can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.".

And that's exactly what I'm going to do.
    Time for me to jack in and reload! The Matrix has you!

3. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I doubt that it has me.

4. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Due to my schedule, I probably won't be able to see it until Memorial Day weekend. :( But that might be a good thing. The theater was so crowded with non-SW fans (who were talking, kissing, not watching the movie) when I saw AOTC that it was a little distracting.

5. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I already saw it, and I was definitely impressed. Not only did it have excellent special effects, but it also had one hell of a lot of plot twists.

6. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Wow. Just Wow.

If you truly were not able to wrap your mind around the first movie (or you just didn?t like it) then you will definitely not like or understand the second. Many questions were answered but more were brought up.

TONS of story. Way more than any other movie I can think of.

This was not a movie to sit back and enjoy. This was a movie to "think-though". You must pay attention the whole time and even then you'll probably miss a lot.

I have a head-ache. And I have to see it again.

Did I like it? I think so. Lots of stuff to think about. But I?m pretty sure that I liked it.

7. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Still waiting to see the movie tonight, but I picked up Enter the Matrix for PC this morning and all I can say is, incredible. Never before have I played a game where the character's fighting moves are so fluid and realistic and varied. The game is so graphically detailed, and the slow-motion (called Focus in the game) is a great way to show off your moves. The bullet-time is great, when bullets fly, you see that wavy air effect. The moves in the game are awesome! I'm playing as Ghost right now (Niobe is the other playable character) and he does some wicked stuff. He does tons of different kicks, sweeps, jabs, slams, throws, etc. He can even run across a wall, jump off, perform a spin kick in someone's face, and the enemy violently rolls from the impact. That's gotta be the coolest move I've ever seen. And fighting an Agent in the game...OH MY GOD. Scariest thing to happen in gaming. This one part has you getting chased rooftop to rooftop by an Agent shooting at you from other buildings, and you have to get to a phone to leave the Matrix. You get to a door and WHAM, the Agent is in your face. He dodges bullets, and nearly blocks all your attacks. Awesome stuff. I just can't get over how good this game is. BEST fighting animations I have ever seen, and that's coming from an experienced gamer. Best $50 I ever spent! Now I just need to see Reloaded tonight and see how it ties together with the game...

8. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I CAN'T EVEN EXPRESS HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS MOVIE ACCURATELY WITHOUT GETTING BANNED!

I obviously love Star Wars. But the Matrix saga is giving Lucas a run for his money. Reloaded blew me away. Wow.

Neo vs. The Smiths was probably the best on-screen fight. EVER.

The car chase, probably the best on-screen car chase. EVER.

Unless Palpatine makes his next clone army for Episode III a thousand Darth Mauls with double bladed sabers all waiting to take on Obi-Wan, Lucas is going to need a lot to up the ante in the fights of Ep3.

9. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I'll go see it, but I'm holding Matrix II and III up against some pretty high standards (Star Wars); if they want to be considered "original"...and not just overhyped mass marketed (with horrible merchandise commercials) hype.

10. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    I'm going to see it tonight, 10:30 pm. I cant wait! :D

11. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Don't worry, Krash. The trailers and commercials show a sample of the action and special effects, but there's a lot of plot. It's no popcorn movie. You have to devote a lot of thought to figuring out what's going on.

Don't let reactions like Eric's make you cynical toward movies that contain large amounts of superficial action. If you took The Matrix Reloaded and stripped it of all the fancy camera work, fast-paced action scenes, and elaborate special effects, you'd still have a good, solid movie.

12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, this is not one big mindless action scene movie, it truly was a well-written story. You really do need to pay attention at all times. I didn't want to get up at all for fear that I might miss something. As Grn pointed out, it did answer some of the questions the first Matrix posed, and opened up thousands of cans of other worms at the same time. And much like the first film had themes like "Nothing is real" and "Believe in yourself", this one has more great themes. I can't wait for November to roll around for Revolutions to hit theaters... and hopefully the Reloaded DVD to hit stores around then too.

But yeah, my first post after seeing it was just in complete awe of it all. Hopefully this sheds more light on it.

13. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    This movie blows. Sorry but it's true. The story was way to thin and almost a copy of Epi.II for me.

The action was good I must say. But that's all this movie has working for it.

14. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Thin story? What movie did you go see? ;)

Aside from some weak dialogue, I really loved the movie. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but neither was the first one. I made the mistake of watching it while I was kind of tired so I'm still utterly confused about a few parts of the movie. I'll see it again once I'm home (Thursday! I escape from Boston on Wednesday night!), and I'm sure it'll make a lot more sense then. One thing I can say for sure though is that the plot of this movie was incredibly intricate, one of the most complex of any movie I've seen in a long time. It will be interesting to read over the next 6 months everyone's theories on what actually happened in this movie, and then to see if any of those theories were right when Revolutions comes out.

15. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    BEST MOVIE EVER! No, really, it's the best movie ever.

I've been saying it ever since the first movie that the real world was just another matrix and no one believed me and now the movie man is right once again! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! ahahahahahahahahah!!

16. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    Well I sand by my stament. A thin story. I saw it with friends who were blinded by the action. The story sucks. End of story. If you don't think so than watch it again and try not to get sucked into the action part.

It sucks! I know I'm not alone in this thinking. Just look at the reviews. Not 1 good one. That should tell ya somehting. I mean I don't listen to every review, but when their the same perhaps should listen.

17. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    This movie blows. Sorry but it's true. The story was way to thin and almost a copy of Epi.II for me.

Yeah, I can sense that Neo is going to be putting on black armor and needing a respirator in Revolutions.

I found the story to be extremely original (aside from the whole "the One" aspect, which was established in the first movie, obviously). All of the new characters really made the series fresh and unique. The Twins were just amazing. The Mendelvengian (sp?) and Persephone were also nice adds. The Architect really took the saga in a new direction, and Bane, just totally confused me.

I've been saying it ever since the first movie that the real world was just another matrix and no one believed me and now the movie man is right once again! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! ahahahahahahahahah!!

You don't know that. If Neo truly is the One, and we all know he is, then why can't his powers transcend into the real world? I mean, of course the Matrix would have to be defeated from the real world, where it originated, as opposed to being destroyed from within. Otherwise the machines would get Zion too.

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I escape from Boston on Wednesday night!
    Looking forward to seeing you again, starwarschick14!

I'll wait and see just how good Matrix Reloaded is...i hope it lives up to even 1/2 the hype. And nothing it can do will replace SW, even in the technical aspects of the movie. When it comes to movie making, GL is "the one"

19. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    If Neo truly is the One, and we all know he is, then why can't his powers transcend into the real world?

Because his powers only exzist in the matrix and can not in the real world.

20. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    "When it comes to movie making, GL is "the one"."

Krash - I really gotta disagree with you on that. I've been way more impressed with Peter Jackson, Bryan Singer, and Sam Raimi. GL's story-telling talents have diminished over the years and he just can't write decent dialogue. But that's just me. ;)

---

"Because his powers only exzist in the matrix and can not in the real world."

Again - why not? Who says so? We can discuss it and guess as to what will happen, but in November, all will be revealed. You might be right, but also prepare to be wrong at the same time. :D

---

"This movie blows. Sorry but it's true. The story was way to thin and almost a copy of Epi.II for me. "

Jedibri - please give me some examples as to why the movie "blows" and I would like some examples of plagerism of Ep 2. Cause frankly, I don't see any. I've seen Matrix 2 twice and the only reference I can think of is when Neo uses the Force to pull the sai's off the wall to fight (which was damn cool, IMHO).

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Some quick impressions:
    Peter Jackson: excellant job on LOTR and TT...but a little hypocritical when he says: "I don't believe in director's cut of movies, this is a special edition" With GL, he makes no apology for SE and makes the movie he wants.

Bryan Singer: Again nice work...staying with most of the basics fans want from X-Men...showing promise

Sam Raimi: Good, but people have been itching for a Spiderman movie for YEARS...it's like lobbing a beeping softball at Barry Bonds...that ball is OUTTA HERE!

GL has never been a big director of dialogue, he's a visual storyteller. The special effects are just as much a part of his process as the actors...sometimes more. And if were talking about technical superiority...GL is "the one"

Matrix tried...but they rely too much of style over substance.

22. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Saw it the other night with Random, and I was utterly blown away by the movie. When I saw the trailer, I had a slight idea what the movie was about, but nothing prepared me for this. Sorry Lucas, but the special effects dept. is going to Reloaded on this one. Never has a movie left me in such awe and in that edge-of-your-seat-excited feeling as much as this one. The 100 Smiths fight was unbelievable, especially when Neo pulled out the pole and did a little Darth Maul stuff before playing baseball with the Smiths lol. The highway scene, unforgettable, especially the Morpheus/Agent/Keymaker climactic semi scene, I was totally caught off guard for that, and I just went nuts when I saw that. And the whole Neo/Trinity thing at the end was so thrilling and terrifying! I'm missing other stuff to mention, but that's because there is so much stuff going on in this movie! And again, it's not just action. Jam-packed with a deep story too. I like how one newspaper article summed it up - A thinking man's action movie. And if you thought the original Matrix made you think, this one is mind-boggling. I need to see it at least 5 more times before I fully understand any of it. And that's what makes it great. It's a movie you can watch again and again. And to any of you who think this movie sucks, and say "Oh, well all these critics gave it bad ratings too!", well, first off, we are all entitled to our opinions. But to look down on a movie of this magnitude? I don't think so. I NEVER listen to critics, they are stuck up, narrow-minded, and look for 3-hour long sob-story movies that nobody likes and get nominated for awards they don't deserve. Yet good movies get ripped apart for little flaws that every movie is bound to encounter. It's a backwards system. Sucky movies get great reviews, and great movies get sucky reviews (with the exception of a select few, those retarded critics sometimes get it right). All I'm saying is Reloaded is one heck of a ride, and if you look past the effects, it's still an intriguing movie that makes you think. One of the best, if not THE best, movie trilogy that will ever be. And I recommend getting the game, Enter the Matrix, because it ties up with the movie beautifully. While events are taking place in the movie, you're playing as side characters Niobe and Ghost, and you end up doing things that might even happen in the movie (remember the power plant that blew up in Reloaded? You do that as Niobe in the game!) The game has ridiculous martial arts moves too, plus agents ( and Agent Smith!
    And Agent Smith, and Agent Smith, and Agent Smith, and...) I also viewed the trailer for Revolutions after the Reloaded credits, and wow. Just wow. Revolutions is gonna be all-out crazy. Glad we only have to wait 6 months instead of 2-3 years. Now why couldn't Lucas have done the same thing so we don't have to wait until 2005? Well I had my say on the movie. Many thanks to the gods, er, Wachowski Bros., for making such an amazing trilogy.

23. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    While I don't think that the Matrix Reloaded sucked, I do think that it was overrated.

Most of the action scenes were excellent! But I was annoyed at the blatant computer graphics in the Neo vs. Smiths scene. I felt like I was watching a video game rather than a movie! But the scene was good in that you get a better idea of what Smith is capable of and what he's up to for the next movie.

I thought the big orge scene wasn't necessary, but oh well. [face_plain]

The idea that a lot of the characters in the Matrix are actually programs vying for increasing power is an interesting one.

But why would Oracle want to help the humans? When she was talking to Neo, I assumed it was because of the same thing that the Counsellor was discussing with him in Zion. The computers need humans and the humans need the computers. I thought that she wanted to re-establish balance. But perhaps she is making her own bid for power and just using the humans to do it.

The information program guy for some reason reminded me of an Anzati Vampire. *shrugs* I don't know why. Something about this appearance.

I also began to wonder about whether "reality" was actually reality when Neo could feel the sentinels. Perhaps it is just another level of control for those minds that require conspiracies in order to be happy. Give those minds another type of reality to keep them functioning in the Matrix.

The whole thing with Trinity dying...predictable, predictable, predictable. That's what I wondered about in the first movie and then in the second from the beginning. So Neo sees her die in the Matrix. But he can bend the "reality" in the Matrix. So he can bring her back as long as she believes that he can--as long as her mind doesn't die.

I'll have to see it again sometime and try to catch a few more things before the next one comes out. ;)

24. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Neo's powers are only based on the fact that in the Matrix the laws of gravity and physiscs can be bent and some can be broken taht is the only reason for his powers.

25. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Most of the action scenes were excellent! But I was annoyed at the blatant computer graphics in the Neo vs. Smiths scene. I felt like I was watching a video game rather than a movie! But the scene was good in that you get a better idea of what Smith is capable of and what he's up to for the next movie.

While the visual effects didn't bother me here, the music cues to it did. It just sounds like a cheesy 80s video game soundtrack song is being played during this fight scene. Go back and listen to it again.

I thought the big orge scene wasn't necessary, but oh well.

No complaints here. :) I thought it was a cool GL "rhyming stanzas" approach to the Dragula Remix slo-mo dance scene in the first movie, where Neo meets Trinity for the first time.

I also watched The Matrix tonight and noticed some new stuff.

In the first few minutes of the movie, one of the agents tells Smith "the informant is real." I think it's right after Trinity barely outruns the truck aimed at the phone booth, escaping from the Matrix. While we would be lead to believe it's Cypher, it could also be a possible reference to Bane.

Right before the agents bug Neo, you can clearly see that the scene pans in from a screen in the Architect's room.

While Smith is trying to crack Morpheus' mind, he has the discussion about human beings being a virus. Kind of ironic, considering he starts displaying many characteristics of a virus himself.

Oh, and Neo says WHOA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.