main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All Out?? RELOAD

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Neo's powers are only based on the fact that in the Matrix the laws of gravity and physiscs can be bent and some can be broken taht is the only reason for his powers.

Um, the Matrix rebels don't exactly know everything about the Matrix.

Like what the Architect told Neo.

Like they were surprised that Neo just disappeared when going through the hallway with Seraph and all the doors the Keymaker helped them through.

Therefore, I don't think it'd be too unreasonable to assume that they don't know everything about what being the One entails. I think if Neo truly were the One, he'd have to destroy the Matrix from the outside, where it was created, in the real world, and while he does have awesome powers inside the Matrix, I'd find it completely plausible that his One status allows him to destroy them in the real world too, without it necessarily being a second Matrix.

2. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I think if Neo truly were the One, he'd have to destroy the Matrix from the outside, where it was created, in the real world,

Ah! Interesting point.

3. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    I didn't think it was all that great. Definitely not as good as the first one. I saw it with a bunch of my friends, and we all pretty much had the same reaction. It was good, and I'm excited for the third one, but I give it a "meh".

4. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Second viewing tonight. I realized something. As Smith mentioned, Neo and he have a connection, and Neo somehow crossed with him. If Neo changed him, why can't he change Neo? That would explain how Neo was able to feel the machines in the real world; it's the first time on-screen that Neo has seen any sentinels since the end of the last movie, when they were all taken out by EMP as soon as he left the Matrix, before he had a chance to feel them.

Another thing my friends and I noticed; the sentinels are correlated to the agents, as mentioned in the first movie; a sudden creation of more Smiths also correlated with a sudden creation of 250,000 sentinels in the real world. Stuff to think about.

But why would Oracle want to help the humans? When she was talking to Neo, I assumed it was because of the same thing that the Counsellor was discussing with him in Zion. The computers need humans and the humans need the computers. I thought that she wanted to re-establish balance. But perhaps she is making her own bid for power and just using the humans to do it.

I do believe the Keymaker said it best when he said, "We're all here to do what we're all here to do." And Morpheus also said "She is a guide." The Oracle's purpose is to guide the One to the source so that the Matrix can be reformatted. That's exactly what she did, only Neo did something the machines didn't predict.

Anyone who's seen the movie will get this.
    Random: I believe the Wachowskis have outdone George Lucas in special effects.
    Krash: Not everyone believes what you believe.
    Random: My beliefs do not require them to.

5. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I also just saw a second viewing of Reloaded and feel that I need to contradict your assumptions, Eric. When Neo crossed with Smith in the finale of the original Matrix, they both ended up with a little part of each other, thus forming a connection. Neo used this part of Smith to his advantage later on, when he suddenly noticed he could "feel" the Sentinels in the Real World and successfully stopped them in their tracks, but with near-fatal consequences. This was Neo's new "ability", so to speak.

Smith however, would probably never have been able to change Neo, regardless that he had a "part" of Neo in him. He always had been, and still was, a program. Programs are written in code and thus have rules that must be obeyed. Thus, programs have limitations. And Smith did as well, although he did technically break the rules and refused deletion, but according to the Oracle, all programs have this choice, to either go back to the Source and face deletion, or hide in exile. Smith, fueled by revenge, chose exile in order to hunt down Neo. Knowing he couldn't change Neo because he was limited to his own power, he used his newfound power (since he was free from being an Agent) to replicate himself into other beings in the Matrix and thus use the sheer power of numbers to overwhelm Neo. Also he unfortunately used Bane to his advantage and took him over, then proceeded to jack out into the Real World in Bane's body. If Smith couldn't change Neo, he would use this new power to overwhelm and kill him, which is precisely what he tried to do. Actually this is how Smith would change Neo, to simply kill him with sly new techniques.

Neo is a human, Smith a program. Had Smith been a human adversary, perhaps he could have bent the rules and done more things to Neo than expected. But Neo is human, and being the One, knows no boundaries, unlike a program, and can do just about anything. So I'm just saying that Neo has more power than Smith and will ultimately triumph when Revolutions comes out.

the sentinels are correlated to the agents, as mentioned in the first movie; a sudden creation of more Smiths also correlated with a sudden creation of 250,000 sentinels in the real world. Stuff to think about.

I highly doubt that to be true. If that were so, there would be only a few Sentinals in the original Matrix, in which there were many more. In the original Matrix, there were 4 to 6 agents total: Smith, Johnson, Jackson, Brown, and a couple of others. At the beginning of Reloaded, they are already talking about the Sentinels digging to Zion. Granted, Smith did make a couple copies of himself, but didn't really make a lot more until fighting Neo. The Matrix has probably always needed lots of Sentinels to scour the Real World for rebels, not a handful. So this most likely proves my point that the Sentinels, although serving the same purpose as Agents, are not connected in any way.

I have to agree about the Oracle bit...she is in no way possible trying to get power out of this situation. She is merely a program written for one purpose - to guide the One in the right direction, so that he can go to the Source and start the Matrix all over again, although Neo didn't do so, changing the course of events drastically.

And one more thing - Colonel Sanders created the Matrix!!! :p

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    When Neo crossed with Smith in the finale of the original Matrix, they both ended up with a little part of each other, thus forming a connection. Neo used this part of Smith to his advantage later on, when he suddenly noticed he could "feel" the Sentinels in the Real World and successfully stopped them in their tracks, but with near-fatal consequences. This was Neo's new "ability", so to speak.

If Neo changed him, why can't he change Neo? That would explain how Neo was able to feel the machines in the real world

Well Will, you pretty much said what I said, except you phrased it differently; probably a little more accurately. But we're thinkin along the same lines. What I meant by saying he changed Neo was that when Neo entered him, and the connection between them was formed, they both sort of changed as a result. So although Smith didn't really change Neo per se (because he's a program), by entering Smith, Neo was enabled to feel out the machines in the real world and become more in touch with the machines.

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Finally went and saw Reloaded...overall it was a good action movie (not the epic story all the hype claimed)

The live action fight scenes were pretty cool (again)...but I think they overdid the "Matrix" effect on Trinity's fall; after 20 minutes (it seemed like 20) of watching her and the agent falling/shooting...I kept thinking "MOVE ALONG"

BIGGEST COMPLAINT...the Neo/Smiths fight in the playground. That had to be some of the WORST CG animation I've ever seen. Compared to the Kamino fight in AOTC, Neo looked more like Elmer Fudd then Keanu Reeves. So much for out-doing GL in the special effects department.

The highway chase was well done, especially the Trinity motorcycle sequences. And Morphious fighting on the trailer was cool.

8. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    If Coloneal Sanders created the Matrix, that would explain why everything inside tastes like chicken.

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    How do you know what chicken really tastes like if you've never actually tasted it?

If you have MTV2, I saw on it today a special about the Animatrix. I'm sure they'll rerun it again, so keep your eyes open, and your minds unplugged.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.