main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** All Rebels Read This! ***

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Rox , Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    The use of foul and offensive language in this forum is going to stop here and now! I like to have as much fun as the next guy but this is getting ridiculous. Read the TOS, plus you people that have been here a while should know better, you newbies; this is your warning. It seems like I have to ban one of you guys at least once a week, I shouldn't have to do that. The next person to post foul or offensive language or anything thing else even close is banned for a month and will have all of their socks banned. If there is a repeat offense from a particular user then that said user would be banned for 3 months and all of his or her posts will be deleted. I have been very lenient in the way I moderate this board, I'm done letting you take advantage of it.

Your forum moderator.

2. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    First let me say that I understand your frustration and I agree that foul language is completely out of line. However, lumping us all together is just plain wrong and unfair on your part. You should never refer to a group as "you people". The vast majority of the folks in this group are very good people that I am proud to know. If there are repeat offenders than you should name them and take them out to the figurative woodshed and try to leave the innocent out of it.

3. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Yes, public attention/humiliation should make the trouble makers quiet up.
    And Rox, while we are at it, can we follow the TOS and set an age limit for members?

4. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    Aye Aye Captain Hitler :p

Just joking.

On a more serious note, whatever happened to the Simpson's rule?

Edit: I second Darth Dowe's age limit idea. Too many youngins.

5. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Yes Sir!
    Yeah, but is the Simpsons rule still in affect? It doesn't seem like we have gone much farther than anything they have said in the Simpsons, and since I came here in Dec. 2000, thats how it has been.

I third that gesture. No more younglings.

6. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    The Simpson's rule is still in effect. But the incidents I'm referring to; mainly the things deleted in the joke thread are uncalled for. Also, I was just venting but unless you are a repeat offender you are not going to be subject to the month ban. There is an age rule that applies to these forums, you must be at least 13 to have an account here or have parental consent.

7. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Question: why is it that you only enforce these things in our threads??

I've been to other chapters Forums and I've seen worse then what goes on in here.You dont seem to jump down other chapters throats!!!Seems to me like you favor some chapters more than others!!

I'm not trying to be an Ass here,but these are things I have noticed.Now I know its your job to "Police" the NorthEast, but if your gonna enforce these so-called Laws, make sure you do it fairly across the entire Northeast!!

8. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Our title the "Rebels" denotes us as the scapegoat.

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I do "Police" the rest of the North East, if you see something that I don't; don't hesitate to PM me about it. It may seem that way becasue I post in your fourm alot.

10. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    f you see something that I don't; don't hesitate to PM me about it.

No offense Rox,buts thats your job!!If you dont see it maybe you arent doing your job right!!

We have a saying here in Boston,"A rat is a dead man",I for one live by that saying.I'm not out to make enemies here,and I dont believe in squealing on people.

11. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Well then let it be then. I haven't had internet access since last thursday. This is my first real day back. Rest assured I am doing my job.

12. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Well then, as long as the Simpsons rule is still in affect then I'm happy. I have only stepped over that line once, and that was cause I was in a bad mood and I took it out on a newbie.

13. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Look likes someone wants to be mod ;p

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    And if you think I don't have to shell it out to other forums take a look at this thread.

15. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Wow Rox you sure laid down the hammer.

16. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I don't see any threats for banning in that thread!!

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    near the end

18. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Last page Roxy told them, up what is.

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Can we please stop this petty going back and forth stuff? I like you guys, that's why I post here so often, believe it or not. Out of all the forums I mod in the North East you guys keep me the busiest.

20. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    A little respect to the membership of the Boston Rebels would be nice. The Rebels are one of the most active group of posters in all of FanForce.The post total would show that if our totals were not wiped out every time we near 20,000 posts. If people are acting inappropriately then take care of THEM and leave the rest of us out of it.

Remember the chants during the L.A. riot?

NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!!!! :D

21. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Change is all around us...

22. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    i like this one better: NO FOOD, NO THEED!

23. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    ok I didnt see that part,I appologize.But thats just one thread.

And I dont want this bickering to go on forever either,and I'm not trying to start a war,but I thought that you should hear how we feel about it,thats all.

24. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    but bickering is fun, it makes friends closer.

25. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Ed ,you think you could be serious just once in your life???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.