main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** All Rebels Read This! ***

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Rox , Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    Being serious?

Bah! :D

Aye aye chief Rox...

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    "A little respect to the membership of the Boston Rebels would be nice. The Rebels are one of the most active group of posters in all of FanForce.The post total would show that if our totals were not wiped out every time we near 20,000 posts."

What are you talking about? You lost me there.

"If people are acting inappropriately then take care of THEM and leave the rest of us out of it."

I am if you read up the page. But also remember you are part of a group, wrong doing by a small percentage of users can ruin some things for the whole.

"Remember the chants during the L.A. riot?"

Yes and I will leave it at that.

3. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Just ignore Ed. He's a little mentally un-stable. You understand.

4. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    What's the joy of being serious when the Simpson's rule denotes what we can and can not say.

5. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Since you did not state the aspect of my post that "lost" you. I will take a chance and see if I can help you.

Q)What do I mean by show a little respect to the Boston Rebels?

A) When you have a problem with the actions of a member take it up with that member and leave those of us that have nothing to do with it alone. By creating a thread called *** All Rebels Read This! *** you dragged everyone in to this. The vast majority of us respect this forum and act appropriately. You are lumping us all together.That's just not right.

Q) What do I mean by the 20,000 post comment?

A) We as a group were nearing 20,000 posts when the server appeared to have been cleaned up and our post total dropped by nearly half.The other Rebels can back me up on this.

You may have expected that we would all just back down and take unfair criticism from you but you are very wrong.

It's my opinion that you were out of line by starting this thread and chastising the entire group when it is a few people that are acting up, trying to hold us all responsible is a mistake.

So if you want to ban me for standing up to you feel free.

6. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    *Supports Ryno in the 20k post clause*

7. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Don't worry, Ryno. Its a free internet. I don't thin there is much harm in "standing up to" Rox who in relality is just another member with banning power. You aren't trolling him or anything- just showing your opinion.

8. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    What's the joy of being serious when the Simpson's rule denotes what we can and can not say.

Well when its a thread on a serious topic,leave it that way!!Use your sarcastic humor in the goofy,joke-around threads!!

We as a group were nearing 20,000 posts when the server appeared to have been cleaned up and our post total dropped by nearly half.The other Rebels can back me up on this.

yeah we do alot of posting,but the cleaning of the servers is a good thing.
    yeah it drops our post count :( ,but without cleaning the servers these boards would run like poodoo!!

9. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I have no problem with clearing the severs. I just wanted to point out how active and involved the Rebels are.

10. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Poodoo/Fodder/Sith Spawn/Fudge/Blast!/ Emperor's black bones: great replacements for ***t and ***k.
    just thought I'd bring that up. I use em in real life as well :p

11. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    "When you have a problem with the actions of a member take it up with that member and leave those of us that have nothing to do with it alone. By creating a thread called *** All Rebels Read This! *** you dragged everyone in to this. The vast majority of us respect this forum and act appropriately. You are lumping us all together.That's just not right."

I usually do take it up with a particular member if there is a problem. But the language problem is growing in this forum and I wanted to address all of you. Whether you are a member in good standing or someone that gets banned all the time. I'm making forum policy known for all users to follow.

"A) We as a group were nearing 20,000 posts when the server appeared to have been cleaned up and our post total dropped by nearly half.The other Rebels can back me up on this."

If I permanently ban a user form these forums and decide to remove thier posts it is my choice and my choice alone. I can understand that 20,000 posts means a great deal to you guys. If you notice I very rarely delete a post or thread, I usually just edit it.

"You may have expected that we would all just back down and take unfair criticism from you but you are very wrong.

It's my opinion that you were out of line by starting this thread and chastising the entire group when it is a few people that are acting up, trying to hold us all responsible is a mistake.

So if you want to ban me for standing up to you feel free."

First off you are not banned, you are speaking your opinion and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't think I was out of line at all with this thread. I wanted the entire forum to read what I wrote. I felt it was nessecary for everyone to read because the language in this forum is getting out of hand

12. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Thanks for going through everything Rox.

13. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Sounds fine to me.

14. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    First off, I have to congratulate everyone that's posted to this thread. I'm proud to say I'm part of a group that can debate without resorting to childish taunting and/or cursing. (Unlike most games of Outcast I end up in nowadays LOL)

Second, I'm with Rox on the mass-post. We, as a group, need to keep an eye out for such things happening in our sector of the galaxy. To quote a certain Admiral "We don't need their scum." I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't want potty-mouths running rampant (regardless of age) representing the Boston Rebels.

Third, if Rox wants to start posting the offenders names, we will thrash them soundly with a wet noodle...

15. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Sounds like fun! :p
    And yes- being part of the Rebels is definatly something to be proud of.

16. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    I agree, Dex. No squabbling = good.

17. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    So, in other words: "This bickering is pointless" We're all Rebels, we have a code of honor to uphold.

18. the__dude

the__dude Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2002
    SO YOU DON'T LIKE REBEL SCUM HUH? WELL YOU GOT SOME NOW.

19. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Someone needs to lay off the cap lock.

20. SGT_SOCKO

SGT_SOCKO Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    oh look a dougnut hole

watch out dude the will smack you with their purse's .

21. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Oh god. Not another Spam war. This must stop!

22. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Spamming in this thread is very risky. Very risky indeed.

23. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Alright, strict spamming policy starts now: We all ignore them, don't post in their threads even to comment on how stupid they are and one of us sends a PM to ROX to deal with them. I sent that PM out yesterday.

24. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm back from my drinking hiatus so how would you like your ban SGT_SOCKO? Oh, I know 4-ever!

25. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    "There are no spammers here that I'm aware of. THe Rebels don't trust them."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.