main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All Roads Lead To The Amphitheatre. The Road Atlas 2006: Map of the JC, Revised Revised Edition

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Cobranaconda, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Daniel edit: Check out the newer updated version here.

The Road Atlas 2006: Map of the JC. Revised Edition Version 2

Alas, here we are again, a new year, a new start, and new newbies. These newbies need a guide, and, contrary to my recent ventures, this Guide is not the Hitchhiker?s Guide to the Galaxy. However, it is another guide that will provide an insight into the boards and all of their major places, and now with a Mod List as well!

First off, just to get these random thingies out of the way: Thanks to Jedi_Washington, who did the first of these, me, for doing the second of these (Yes, I did just thank myself), and Jedi_Daniel, who reminded me that it had been a year since I posted the last one, and that it was somewhat dated.

Now then, onto the Boards, each with a neat little description.

WELCOME

Welcome New Users

This forum is a lovely place to come into when you've just started out, a fresh newbie, ready to jump into the large and decidedly strange world of the JC. This forum is a nice preparation for the relaxation and friend making right before you jump into the boards as a whole, and pretend that you are rather safe.

Of course, on the JC, safe is a term reserved for those who don't do anything wrong or indeed, post at all.

The positively delightful thing about WNU is the large number of mini social threads there to take your mind off of anything. Some of these are:

The Newbie Welcome Party

Newbies, Hug An Oldbie

Getting To Know You

The old favourite: The Pillow Fight

And of course, the highly successful Newbie Adoptions

The Moderator for this section is Jedi_Daniel, any complaints, inquiries or notices of trolling should be sent to him.

In addition, it is worthy to note that it is Skiara that you need to PM for all Adoption matters.

The Star Wars Films

The Classic Trilogy

This forum discusses the beginnings of the Saga, the Original/Classic Trilogy. This forum is quite organised, and has many dedicated posters. It should be noted however, that any attempt to usurp TwiLekJedi's crown as prettiest person will be taken very seriously. :p

There are so many threads in here that I won't even attempt to index them, but instead link you to an index: The CT Index

The Moderators for this section are: TwiLekJedi (The Pretty One), General Kenobi (The One With Dull Colours), and jedi_master_ousley (The One With the Pink Shirt).

The Prequel Trilogy

Replacing the old TPM and AOTC forums is this one, a large and diverse community discussing the ins and outs of the PT. Bashing and Gushing are kept largely at bay, as neither adds much to the community.

The PT Index

The Moderators for this forum are: Strilo an

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Wow! [face_hypnotized]
    Well done! :D

Hopefully there won't be too many changes of moderating otherwise this Map needs lots of edits. ;) :p

3. REVANLORD

REVANLORD Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Cobra, this is huge...Good Job! Although you totally forgot the VIP-winning games. :p

The Hooded Soul

4. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Wow, that was fast. Thanks for doing this so quickly, I actually expected you to finish in a few days, not over night. Well done! And it looks awesome, I'll definitely be linking this a lot. I'll try to keep up with editing it, but I can always ask you to make another one if it gets too out of hand again. ;)

Thanks again!

5. REVANLORD

Jun 2, 2005
    The controversial index is here...

Yes, I know, you people will never let me forget that index, will you? :p

The Hooded Soul

6. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Very nice work, Cobranaconda. I know that took a lot of time to compile and edit. It is very much appreciated and looks good. :)

7. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    If there's anything any forum moderators see that needs adding/mentioning/editing about their forum, they're welcome to edit the Map of the JC themselves. :)

8. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Awesome work, Cobra!!! :)

9. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Yeah, also, if mods want to add their own colours they can. I didn't have access to the hexcodes they used though, so whilst some are quite simple, others aren't.

REVAN: I didn't forget them, I just declined to put them on :p Because VIP winning games are more often than not also ban-inducing games :p And newbies don't need banning that quickly.

And no, the index has gone down in memory as a great achievement of managing to aim at something and miss entirely :p

Interestingly, this is also how you can fly, according to the Hitchhikers Guide, you have to throw yourself at the ground and miss :p

Daniel: Yep. However, for me it was overday, not overnight, in between my lessons :p

Sapes: Thanks :)

Trust me to miss someone :p

Roo: Another thanks. Luckily it was a bit easier than last time as I knew what I was talking about this time :p

10. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Awesome job, Cobra! This is going to be very useful. =D=

11. REVANLORD

Jun 2, 2005
    Oh well, my good index is on there! :D Good job, Cobra, it's really good.

Note: Daniel, whatever happened to "It doesn't need revising?" :p

The Hooded Soul

12. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    *Outrage* As soon as I complete this, you mods go and make another forum!

Dammit, and my edit time is gone.

:(

Rules and Announcements. I was looking for that Mod Structure as well, all through the old Info thread, couldn't find it! And now here it turns up. Typical :p

13. doc4converse

doc4converse Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Great job, Cobra. :cool:

So instead of doing schoolwork, sleeping, or writing music, you were making this thread. :D

14. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Top work. Love the humour throughout.

Cobra, if you want to make any additions I'm sure any mod (I know I would) would be happy to edit them in.

15. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Great job, Cobra. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.