main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "All said and done..." (Obi/Qui/OCs) JA - *Part IV, updated 10/03/2006*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess_Arulmozhi, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That was great Sockie- more soon PLEASE

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Aaaaaaaah, now we're going to get down to some serious rescuing,[face_mischief] which Qui-Gon needs so badly now. I cannot believe that Obi-Wan will allow himself to stay out of it for long.

3. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    Finally! I didn't have time to read this, but I've taken a break, and I must say it's really good!!! =D=

More soon? [face_batting]

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

"Ohh Obi-wan is going to be annoyed with Master Josel
    when he finally wakes up:mad:

and What has Qui-Gin gone and done?[face_shame_on_you]

Great post=D=

5. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    I am enormously thankful for the replies, and only regret that I can't reply now - I know, bad me. But I do want to tell you that they're greatly appreciated.

Post...for...you... <slumps exhausted>

Part IV

It was Shane?s practice to walk around the streets of Coruscant on his return from any mission, before he entered the Temple precincts.

Part of this exercise was to reacquaint himself with the city he now referred to as ?home?, and part of it was a wish to divorce himself ? forcibly, sometimes ? from the aftermath of whatever mission he had been assigned to. Those endowed with sight found it easier to do so; with Shane, it had involved a period of protracted effort to master the task of becoming a true Jedi ? his lack of vision had made it difficult for him to re-acclimatize easily with any given situation, in the beginning. Meditation had helped, admittedly, but it was sometimes a chore to find the quiet he required. He was a Jedi, however, and he had devised his own ways of handling situations. One of which was to walk through the streets of this city-planet, digesting the events of the past few days, gradually alienating himself from whatever had happened, briefing himself as though he were an outsider, and then storing it up for further reference, Council meetings et al.

And to gradually unlock his mind from the self-devised barricades he had set with his closest friends, Kyran Josel and Qui-Gon Jinn.

They had decided a long time ago, he and Kyran and qui-Gon, that to be completely aware of each other all the time presented a great deal of difficulty. Not that any of them did not wish it; they had been friends far too long to resent any intrusion from any one of them. They were fast friends, had been so from childhood, despite all the efforts of elders to discourage such a close bond. Eventually, when all three became padawans, they had conferred in as mature a manner as possible, and decided that theirs was a very slippery situation indeed.

It had happened a little after Kyran?s abduction ? and Shane?s latest, remarkably strenuous mission. After Qui-Gon?s padawanship, as a matter of fact. While all three agreed that having a Force bond provided them with enormous ease and familiarity, allowing them to sense each other without recourse to physical presence, and had soothed and comforted them more times than they cared to remember ? there was something of a half-acknowledged discomfort in having it: it showed them too much.

All three had always respected the other?s privacy ? it had followed, as a matter of course. All three had different masters, however ? this was as the Force willed, and they were forced to acknowledge the supremacy of each other?s masters, when it came to mind-links. Connected they might be ? but there was a very fine line that divided deep kinship within themselves, and devotion to their Masters, all of whom tacitly expected such devotion, understanding as they were.

Especially Master Dooku.

There came a time when the triad opted for a fine cloak within themselves, and this was to aid them on the path of their learning, rather than to actually divide them. The Jedi way was to achieve complete oneness with the Force, and to truly work towards this, one needed to be connected; yet not too connected.

Kyran had protested with every fibre of his being, when this had been suggested ? his protests were based on his automatic assumption that they were all to be absolved of their bonds at once. It had taken time, deep thought and his own natural intelligence to bring him to his present conclusions ? that they were Jedi, first and foremost, that no amount of cloaking themselves truly meant that they were apart, that, if anything, this would actually promote a better understanding of each other.

How this was possible, Qui-Gon did not understand, at first. Newly apprenticed, he had felt it very unfair, to be denied the solace of his companions just then. His connection to the Living Force made him too keenly aware of not just his o

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    An update!!!! Woot! Such a good one too! LOVE how Qui called Sha Nissan through their bond like he did when he was little.. that's just adorable...hrm.. looks like Qui has either a concussion or something from a drug making his thoughts all screwy like that.

Every post I read of yours, I'm astounded by the talent you have... literally breathtaking. My eyes were glued to the screen for the entire post, ignoring everyone else around me :D Well done ,dear, well done! =D==D=

7. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Aww, love the Nissanieness.

8. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Brillant chapter! More please! ;)

9. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    May I just say again that I'm immensely enjoying your Kyran? I'm beginning to love him here. And Qui-Gon and Shane...wonderful job with their bond. Can't wait for more. (Sorry for the short review, but I've hundreds of pages of material to look through if I want to write this research paper by Monday...*groans*)

10. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I loved the tenderness shown Qui-Gon by his friend. [face_love] As well as the fact that Qui-Gon was asking about Obi-Wan, even as he is in pain. It all flows with the ease of your expert talent. Beeeeautiful post. :)

11. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Shane shook his head. How had this happened? Qui-Gon was more than capable of defending himself against an army of armed sentients, if the need arose. He forced himself to concentrated on Qui-Gon?s life-force.

Garbled. It seemed garbled, for want of a better word.

A vague tendril of fear snaked its way through Shane?s heart. He clutched Qui-Gon?s flailing arms tightly, alarmed that he would aggravate injuries. Pain. Too much pain.

:eek: Qui-Gon's life-force is garbled? That can't be good! [face_worried]

Exciting update, PA! Can't wait for more! :D

Star

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    It was Shane tot he resuce, not Kryan. [face_cool'

13. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Aaaaaaah, a rescue. Just what I....um, the story, needed.:):):) Qui-Gon is going to be so embarrarssed that he got into trouble...though I wonder how much of a plot is going or, or are they just Coruscant muggers?

14. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    I missed two posts! :eek:

And they were such good ones, too . . . . I am always awed by your writing and your characterization. Everyone is so perfect--and I am now fascinated by Kyran and Shane. Obviously I will have to track down more about them ;).

Did I mention how much I'm loving this story? Wonderful job!

15. micky-nikki

micky-nikki Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2005
    Yet another wonderful update :) Your writing is so beautiful and it flows so naturally. I'm always deeply impressed when I read one of your pieces and this is no exception. I especially liked the interaction between Qui Gon and Shane. It was simply flawless. Great work and I hope to see more soon :) =D= =D= :)

16. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Up, so I could find it and edit it. Thanks, layren. <hugs>

17. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    More soon, please? [face_praying]

I'm wondering what's wrong with Qui-Gon, he's really confused and out of it. And Obi-Wan is going to be mad at Kyran when he wakes up. :p

18. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Wow. I stumbled across this fic and must say that I'm loving it! Please update soon!! I love the tenderness between Qui and his friends. And, it makes me happy that even while Qui is hurt he's asking about Obi. I hope things get fixed soon. Please update and don't forget about this fic! :)

19. XANl

XANl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    Great story. I love all the characters!!

Please continue. the stories from qui gon's childhood are endearing.

I like the fact that someone can make obi wan feel better and smile. With friends from his master obi wan's life could be more happy.

please continue!!

20. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Ah, Princess, once again you amaze and delight.... and then leave us begging for more.

Please pm me when (please let it not be IF) you update this, or any of your marvelous writings.

ratna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.