main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"All That Glitters" ~ A JA#5 Alternative (take two)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lwyn`nya Kenobi, Mar 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    Arrgghh.. I'm supposed to be studying for a robotics exam and all I can think about is how Obi's gonna react when Qui-Gon gets "killed"....

*sinks down to her knees*

I'm lost... I've succumbed to the Dark Side..

2. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    Good it is to encourage patience, but necessary balance is. Okay it is to make a padawan test their limits, challenge yes. But careful you must be or to the dark side you can turn them if wait to long they must. If beyond their endurance they are pushed they can break. In other words, post already. Please

3. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Oh Lwyn'nya your faithful readers are falling to the dark side so quickly from impatients waiting for a post eek.gif eek.gif

Please post soon so that we can be in the light again!!!

4. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    whine
    Please, I need more story right now! Please please please please! What's Obi-Wan gonna do when Qui-Gon is 'killed'?! Please post soon! This story is soooo good!

5. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Come'on, Lwyn'nya!! We need more story!! *bats eyelashes* Pretty please???!!!

6. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    SON OF A #($@*(&$@*&!!!!!

*starts angrily throwing her monitor about and kicking her computer, raising a certain naughty finger at Netscape*

<<CENSORED>>!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "ILLEGAL <<CENSORED>>ING OPERATION"?!?!

YOU ERASED ALL MY WORK, YOU <<CENSORED>>, <<CENSORED>> <<CENSORED>> --

((two hours later))

-- AND I HOPE YOU << CENSORED! >> DIE!!

((is suddenly aware of all the innocent eyes on her))

((blushes))

Um, I gotta go rewrite my #(#%& post. It didn't save, so now I have to recall it all from human memory, which I'm rapidly finding out is better than computer memory.

You will get another post soon. I just have to go somewhere, break something, and then rewrite it.

[This message has been edited by Lwyn`nya Kenobi (edited 03-27-2000).]

7. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    <thinks about helping Lwyn'nya kick her computer, but thinks better of it>

Oh no! And, the story is great so far.....BTW, please make sure that wretched woman gets what's coming to her....<makes a face at the trigger woman>

Hope the story comes back to you soon!

8. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Oct 19, 1999
    "First order of business. . . " the moderator drones on and I find myself quickly losing attention in the moment. My thoughts drift ahead. Will this work? I'm pretty confident it will, but the nagging thought still lingers. It will be risky. Laelynn's timing must match mine for this to look real.

For the first time in a long while, I find myself falling victim to anxiety. Under all the noise of the conference, I could hear a repetitive tapping sound. Apparently my apprentice was hearing it as well because he turned to look at me questionably. Following his gaze, I looked down to find my fingers drumming the table. Immediately I stop, folding my hands nervously in my lap.

Obi-Wan continues to stare at me quizzically. My Padawan is used to seeing me as the epitome of calm serenity under hostile situations; it is only natural that he'd look at me strangely to find me almost fidgeting. It is enough to reaffirm my expression of serenity.

As per Laelynn's strict orders, I hadn't told Obi-Wan about anything, save that we were going to the conference to discuss Thesiia's business issues before the panel of people there. I feared that the dread of knowing what would happen would falter my expression. Did Obi-Wan believe me? I had deceived him so much so far, I half expected him to call me on my lie. But instead he just nodded and those defeated eyes turned away once more, and in that moment, not even Xanatos could bear me more hatred that I had already felt for myself.

I faintly heart the moderator announcing that I was to give my speech. Swallowing the lump growing in my throat, I stood and made my way to the stage, Obi-Wan in tow.

I stood center stage, Obi-Wan at my side. There is no podium. Sound amplifiers have been constructed around the perimeter of the stage, amplifying my voice. The lights overhead bear down on me with more intensity as they dim over the sea of people before me. I open my mouth to address the conversion and nearly give a start as no sound emerges from my throat. Tonight seems to be my night for 'firsts'. My voice is locked in my throat, succumbing to the intimidation of the crowd, or perhaps in fear of things to come.

"Master," Obi-Wan whispers, eyes darting towards me, confused at my hesitance. My poor Padawan, I know you know nothing of what is going on, and yet you follow me anyways. I only hope that devotion to me will still be there after my deception.

I clear my throat to smoothly cover my speechlessness as Obi-Wan's presence at my side reminds me of why I'm doing this. For the families Max Kenobi destroyed by sending them into slavery. For Laelynn whom he forced to carry out his crimes. For Enia who lay bruised and battered in the hospital by his hand. For her son who could only watch as he one connection in this work was so maliciously beaten. For the trust he took from them.

For you, Obi-Wan.

Centered, I lift my head and begin. "Ladies and gentlemen," my voice clear and strong, "I am Qui-Gon Jinn of the Jedi Counsel. My apprentice and I come before you under the gravest of circumstances." I pause, lending strength to my words in my second of silence. "I will make this brief. The Republic has sent me here to investigate and expose a criminal within your midst."

The effects of my words his immediately. Low, hushed, and urgent whisperings weave through the crowd, visibly stunned by this news. In the center is a small air of silence, and it is there that I find the face of my target.

Max Kenobi, looking deadly calm, fixes me with a vicious stare. I can feel his eyes burning holes into me. Laelynn sits to his left, her fingers nervously playing with the corner of her datapad.

Sweet, succulent vengeance courses through me and I savor it's intoxicating taste. Never before have I ever taken any pleasure in destroying my enemies, but I am truly enjoying this. It is all I can do to suppress a smile of pure satisfaction and to keep from drawing Obi-Wan protectively closer to my side.

As long as I breathe, you'll never touch him again, you b*stard!

I feel the hand of justice at my side, goad

9. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Oct 19, 1999
    ((music for ya!

http://www.philcollinscafe.com/audio/wishrain.ram http://www.philcollinscafe.com/audio/wishrain.ram ))

"NOOO!!!"

The sound of the scream made me jump. I ripped open my eyes, expecting to hear the sound of the blaster being fired, but instead I feel a strong pulse of the Force and I hear the sound of metal rendering and twisting. I look to see Obi-Wan, a terrified look on his face, extending his hand out, and I see the pulse of Force he sent crunching the blaster in Laelynn's hands.

My heart leaps into my throat, and shock keeps me rooted to my spot on the stage. Time seems to slow to a crawl. I turn in surprise to Obi-Wan, but catch a glimpse of Max Kenobi, cursing and leaping to his feet, reaching to his side and producing another blaster, locked and loaded and ready to kill.

My mind races. Where are Phaelius's men??

I move to reach for Obi-Wan, to push him away from me and out of danger, but in that stretched-out second, my movements are slow and sluggish and I barely manage a step before I hear the cracking explosion of a blaster shot.

Agony in the form of white fire lances through me and my body and the breath it holds stills, rocked by the sensation. The pain sears into my mind. Instinctly, my hands reach to my chest to stem the blood . . .

. . . the blood . . .

I-I'm not bleeding!

Quickly, I look down, barely trusting myself to breathe as I examine my chest with fumbling hands. No blood. But I heard the shot!

No shot. So why do I feel like I'm . . .

. . . dying . . .

The gruesome answer becomes clear and terror turns my head and suddenly I find the blood.

On Obi-Wan's hands, clutching his chest.

I want to move, I want to run, but I can't think enough to scream his name. His wide, shocked eyes turn to find mine, and suddenly the people fade out of my awareness. In my narrow world of stunned silence, all I hear is Obi-Wan's labored breathing, his pierced lungs struggling for air. His gaping mouth moves as if to say something, but the energy of just that simple movment drains the last out of him. My Padawan falls to his knees, his eyes unfocusing as they stare out into the black void of people.

Then, my nightmare comes to life as Obi-Wan slumps to the floor in a lifeless heap in a pool of his own blood.

10. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! This can't be happening. (gasps and hopes for more.)

11. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    This is a dream, right, Lwyn'nya? PLEASE let it be a dream! Don't let Obi-Wan die! NOOOO!

12. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    Breathe Obi-wan! <starts CPR> Breathe!

I literally zoned out and totally ignored my roomie when she tried to explain something to me...and a chill settled down my spine...

POST ASAP!!

13. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    OHMYGOD!
    You leave it there!??!!!
    MEDIC! MEDIC!!

14. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    How could you leave us there!!! You are a cruel cruel Women Get Obi to the medic and get him there now, maybe they should call in An-Paj!!!

BTW, sorry about the computer problems, I know the Sith are are behind it mad.gif mad.gif

15. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Okay, I am what you guys like to call a lurker. But I have 'un-lurked' myself to say these three simple words:

POST POST POST

Could you have cut it off at a worse time? I want.....correction.....NEED to read the rest (as I am sure everyone else does...)

Please be kind and post soon. I have no problem with begging, none what-so-ever! If it helps you post faster I'm all for begging. I'm sure I could get a group of beggers....just post

~Susie

16. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    um.... when to post I was incouraging you this cliffhanger I did not mean. Stop now you should not.

help. <meep>

eek.gif

17. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    That's just evil, LW. How very Sithish to stop it there and leave us all hanging like this.

18. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I suppose there are only two little words that could possibly make this worse, and they are "the" and "end". And by the Chancellor's underwear, Lwyn'nya, if you use them...

19. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
    Pooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssstttttttt
    mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore!!
    Riiiiiiiiight noooooooooooow!!!!!
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!!

20. Return of the Wattowatta

Return of the Wattowatta Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Good job, keep it up.

(Reads last story installment.)

HOLY ****! YOU KILLED HIM OFF?!?!?!!???!

21. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    He can't be dead, he can't be dead.
    paces around the room, looks blankly at her computer
    He can't be dead.

22. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif

23. Durga2000

Durga2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 1999
    UUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Don't just leave it there!!!!! More, please!!!

24. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Evil! Evil!! eek.gif eek.gif Don't just leave us hanging here!!

Pretty please

25. Flip A Coin

Flip A Coin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2000
    OKAY...I HAVE A BANNANA AIMED STRAIGHT AT THE HEAD OF SUNDANCE (a.k.a. my fave Breyer horse)....POST NOW OR THE HORSE GETS IT! THIS IS NOT A JOKE!
    MUST KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN....!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.