main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends All That Slithers Is Goa'uld (Gate Crashin' Sequel) ~~ New Post! 6/9! More snakehead action!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jinngerbread, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    very interesting. so Qui-Gon has 'gone rogue' and stopped contacting the Temple once again eh? tsk tsk tsk. he should at least inform the Council of how his search is going. yay they have got a plan now. hope it works. maybe a couple Jedi should go with SG-1.

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    You just can't keep a good Ba'al down. [face_mischief]

I look forward to the trap. I'm seriously hoping that the Force can be used to extra nasty head snakes.

3. Lithiniel

Lithiniel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Dear Readers:

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for yet another long delay. It looks like the holiday season is taking a greater bite out of our time than either of us had anticipated, thus hampering our ability to plan, write, and post. We are just as disappointed as y'all are at this, but there's not much we can do except roll with the punches. We can't make any promises, but would like to have at least one more update up before Christmas, and that's what we're shooting for.

Again, we apologize for the delay, and wanted to assure everyone that we have neither forgotten nor given up on this project -- or you guys. Y'all make it all worth the effort, with your thoughtful and insightful comments and encouragement.

That being said, we're trying real hard to get the next part posted for you guys. Thank you very much for your continuing patience. Hopefully once the holidays are past, things can get back on a normal schedule again. So until then, Joyeux Noel, Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Blessed Yule, and Season's Greetings! :D

Thanks again for reading!

4. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I understand completely, Lithiniel. I know my time is precious these days. Between work, holiday prep, and my son's basketball games, I'm hard pressed for time. Take you time. I'm sure the wait will be well worth it.

5. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Thank you so very much everyone for your continued patience!

I have managed to get in time to write my part of the update, but this is the last one before the new year, as next week I will be out with holiday travels and will be completely cut off from all internet activity for a week. (I know it sucks. How will I survive????)

Replies will be forthcoming, hopefully before I leave town, but I thought it was more prudent to go ahead and get this up here, since you all have waited so nicely.

Chapter Two

Qui-Gon sat in a booth at the cantina, sipping what appeared to be some exotic blue beverage. The drink was bright neon in color, and was at least currently, being ignored as he studied his datapad. The drink was a non-alcoholic variety of the local ale, as he did not indulge in such things while on duty. Of course, he technically wasn't on duty, but it mattered little to him. He had more important things on his mind.

Like his missing apprentice, who was now using the Goa'uld name Namtar.

His eyes scanned the noisy cantina. It was extremely crowded, even though it was daytime on this planet. Aliens of a variety of species chatted, played sabaac, and the cheers from the gaming tables indicated that someone was doing very well indeed. He shook his head slightly, and glanced back at the datapad in front of him, tuning out the crowd and the local band that was playing the latest tune on the stage.

He was in the most infamous bar on Mos Eisely, hunting for clues that would lead him to what Namtar was planning next. So far he had been pulling hit and fade strikes on cruise ships, smuggling ships loaded with spice, weapons and other cargo, likely building up his forces and trading with the other system Lords that he had subdued. The problem was that the attacks were so random, and inactivity was often noted for weeks at a time that it was hard to gain any leads.

He studied the readouts on his datapad. There were several different cruise companies and shipping companies listed. The potential targets were spread out as far as the Outer-rim to the Corporate Sector and it was proving difficult to narrow them down and plan.

He ran his fingers over the information again, closing his eyes, reaching to the long silent bond.

Namtar was still blocking him.

He could sense very little from his end, save that he still lived.

That knowledge was unhelpful as he already knew that much, and his brow furrowed in frustration.

He had managed to get this far relying on instinct, but so far Namtar had been several steps ahead of him. He needed to catch up to him, and catch up quickly. He drew on the Force again, wrapping it around himself.

And felt an answering burst.

He blinked at that, his muscles tensing. A strong Force signature was in the area, and that was unexpected. His hand reached for his lightsaber, wondering if he ought to leave the cantina, when a hand fell hard on his shoulder, gripping it tightly, "You're a hard man to find, Jinn."

He let out the breath he'd been holding, "Don't do that!" he said in irritation, glaring up at the Special Investigations Master who'd appeared at his side. "One of your work should surely know better than to sneak up on people like that," he replied scowling.

Drex let go of Qui-Gon's shoulder and smirked, sliding into the booth next to him. "Well you shouldn't hide so well, should you? I've been tracking you for weeks to catch up with you."

Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow, "Why?" he asked, frowning.

"Qui-Gon, please, it's my job when Jedi stop contacting the Temple for weeks at a time, you know that," he looked slightly stern.

Qui-Gon looked unmoved, "I am looking for my apprentice," he replied.

"Yes, I know," Drex commented, waving the bartender over towards the pair of them, "But you should have realized that I have more contacts and men who owe me favors than you do, and could have been helpful in speeding things up."

The bartender came over to them, having been summoned by Drex's wave of his hand, "What'll it be gentles?"

Drex's eyes gleamed, "Two shots o

6. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    And I snag the first post on complete accident!!
    Good work!!!
    I wonder what will happen next?

7. verd_beskar_prudii

verd_beskar_prudii Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2008
    whoohoo!!! rescue!!!
    and i like drex. he's pretty good if he tracked Qui-gon and figured out Namtar's next move at the same time.

8. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Yes, update! *Happy dance*

I understand completely about the holidays, ladies, so I appreciate that you managed an update even more. And now we also know where Qui-Gon is!

Drex is good - I hope [face_worried] Does he know where Namtar will be because of his contacts, or for some other reason? Because Namtar *was* planning to lure Qui-Gon in a trap....

So I'm all fired up about what will come next! Two traps in the making, or three????

=D= =D= Wonderful story

9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Have a great holiday and don't get withdrawal symptoms, from not having the net.[face_laugh]

I don't care if it is a trap. Qui-Gon isn't getting anywhere at the moment and once he finds Namtar and Obi-Wan he might have a better chance to save Obi.

Great story.=D=

10. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Wow, I thought I replied to this already. I'm glad I checked back. Great post. Playing into Namtar's hands will only work if they know exactly who and what they're dealing with. Does Qui suspect Namtar is leading him into a trap -- that Namtar really wants him instead of Obi-Wan?

I was surprised that the other Jedi didn't tell Qui about SG-1. They could be a great asset in their plan. When will the Stargate team go into action?

11. Magier

Magier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2007
    I am torn here. Namtar wants to capture Qui-Gon so it seems as though Qui-Gon is playing into his hands and this is not a good idea.

On the other hand, I think Obi-Wan's best chance is to have his master close. Maybe Namtar is underestimating the Force and the master-padawan bond? Or at least I hope so.

12. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Uh-oh, this is looking like a trap.... [face_worried]

Well done and looking forward to more!=D=

13. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    yay there's finally a lead. ^^ horrays for them. so I'm assuming that SG-1 will meet Qui-Gon on Naboo then? [face_praying]

14. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I'm so glad we got to hear from Qui-Gon again! :D

And now they finally have a lead! I can't wait to find out what happens on board that cruise ship. :D

15. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    And will SG-1 be on that cruise as well?!

More please!

16. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Aha! A plan! They have a plan. I just hope it's better than whatever trap Namtar is scheming. Really, I can't wait to see that snake out of Obi-Wan. And an SG team sure wouldn't hurt. Maybe the Qui-Gon and the Jedi wouldn't admit it, but they could use some help. Jack O'Neil to the rescue. [face_peace]

17. Lithiniel

Lithiniel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Thank you all again for your patience with us. The holidays really got us out of the habit of keeping up with this. But -- good news! -- we're back, baby!

Alas, I don't have time to send out PM's or do individual replies (because I'm on a super-slow dialup connection,) but at least I have an update. :D Enjoy!

Chapter Three

The Gateroom was a flurry of activity as preparations were made for the Jedi and the Tok?ra to return to their respective homes. Jacob Carter had opted to take a few extra minutes to spend with his daughter; the remaining members of SG-1 remained with Kyran Josel, making plans to rendezvous at the Jedi Temple as soon as the Jedi had a lead on something they could use as a potential target for Namtar?s forces. Kyran?s comlink beeped just as the Stargate opened.

?Josel,? he answered tersely.

Jack, Teal?c, and Daniel watched as the Jedi?s expression changed from a carefully controlled neutrality to open surprise. He masked it again just as quickly, but the three of them had seen it, there was no mistake; something new was going on, and it was big. Josel listened to the voice on the other end for several minutes, occasionally offering a murmur of assent to show he was paying attention.

?I understand,? he said at last, and thumbed the comlink off.

He turned to find Jack gazing at him expectantly. It was a little disconcerting that a man with virtually no connection to the Force could be so keenly aware of everything around him, and it occurred to him that O?Neill could likely pass for a Jedi. But that was a matter to ponder another time. Quickly, he explained the latest developments in the situation: Drex Rixar, a covert operative, had located Qui-Gon Jinn. Moreover, he had managed to dig up information on Namtar?s next target, and coincidentally ? or perhaps not ? he and Qui-Gon would be aboard that ship, waiting.

?Then it appears we will need to meet with them,? Teal?c observed.

Jack eyed his friend speculatively. For a man so often quiet, the fact that he?d spoken up showed just how agitated he was with the situation as a whole. O?Neill couldn?t blame him; the all wanted this to be over with, and Namtar had continually frustrated their efforts at every turn. At last, he nodded his agreement.

?Yeah. We do need to catch up. Where are they, and when will they be boarding the ship?? Jack asked.

?Unfortunately, Colonel, the ship is docked at Naboo, and leaves in less than 72 standard hours. There?s no way we can get to Naboo from Coruscant in that time,? Kyran told him. ?And the Council has ordered me to return to the Temple for further orders. Now that Drex has found Qui-Gon, I?ll probably be removed from this case.?

Jack frowned. He?d seen a couple of star charts when he?d been visiting the Temple, but they didn?t make a lot of sense. Carter had pointed out something about the distances and light speed, but truthfully, he didn?t understand half of it, and lost interest before she was done. Dr. Jackson, on the other hand, had paid absolute attention.

?It?s true, Jack,? Daniel said. ?It?d take a week to get there, even if we took the Prometheus with us. Our hyperdrive is faster than theirs, if only just.?

?All right,? O?Neill said, coming to a decision. ?Inform the Council that SG-1 will be arriving sometime in the next hour or two. I?ve got to relay this to General Hammond. The Asgard and the Tok?ra will want to know, as well. But I may just have an idea??

Jack trailed off, sounding rather pleased with himself. He knew that the Asgard had begun stationing ships in Kyran?s galaxy, and he hoped that one of them would be near enough to pick them up on Coruscant. Teal?c glanced at him sharply, wondering what was going on in O?Neill?s mind. Daniel, on the other hand, caught on a little more quickly, and smiled. Kyran watched the interplay for a moment before a tech reminded him that the Gate wouldn?t stay open forever.

?All right,? he agreed reluctantly. ?I?ll let the Council know. But be aware that they?re going to want to go over every detail of your

18. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    great update, can't wait till the next one!

19. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    My, I think there is going to be a big get together on the Queen Mother
    It seems everyone is going to be there.:oops:
    Will there be fireworks.o_O I'm sure if Qui-Gon is involved there will be.[face_worried]

great work.=D=

20. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Well worth the wait! It seems a surprise party is going to occur... with a surprise for everyone. Great suspense. I especially like the part with Ba'al and his interaction with the woman. Could love possibly be in the air? [face_love] And now, what does Ba'al have planned. Does he hope to get to Qui-Gon before Namtar? I hope he's ready for the fight of his life, because Qui-Gon won't go down as easily as Obi. Hope you post again soon.

21. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    YES! MORE OF THIS! [face_dancing]

And what a part; it seems like everyone is going to come together big time :eek: I hope this means something good for poor Obi-Wan....

Great update again =D=

22. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I'm a genius!! It is a trap!!

Is there a chancthat they'll meet a cute blue eyed child?

23. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Excellent post! It looks like everything is converging on this one ship... now we just have to see what happens there...[face_worried]
    Looking forward to more! =D=

24. verd_beskar_prudii

verd_beskar_prudii Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2008
    whahoo!!! go asgard!!! thor's always saving thier butts! qui-gon never was sneaky, was he?

25. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.