main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends All That You Cannot Leave Behind (AU, Anakin, Ben, Tahiri?, Post NJO) Updated 11*01*05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Moff_D, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    another fine post, Moff :D Loved the banter between the guys, and Jacen trying to talk his ship up was funny [face_laugh] I knew it would be those Koth twins at the end :mad: Hope Jacen's ship can waste them.

The streaking kaleidoscope of colours coalesced into long streams of white light before individual stars finally settled, silent pinpricks of luminescence against the unending blackness of deep space.

really great description.

Your posts are too short!!! post more soon! :)

2. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Yeah, I know those posts are too short but the time is limited at the moment. ;)

Thanks for the compliments y'all :)

3. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Great post, Moff. :D

Millenium Bantha

[face_laugh]

It is surprising to see Jacen bragging about a ship. I've always pictured him as the more girly type. 8-}

4. Vorquellyn

Vorquellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    Great post. Though it could use more Valin. :) Where is Jaina anyway?

5. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Moffy: I love the description you use at the beginning of the post. :)

but what could possibly happen here?
    Well, that's just asking for trouble in the SW universe. ;)

[face_shocked] What? Jacen working on something mechanical?
    I like that you show him developing more of a rapport with Han. :)

Nice post Moffy :) Can't wait to see what happens with the Koths now. ;)
    but she?s got it where it counts.
    [face_laugh] Too bad Jacen doesn't. :p

6. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Thanks y'all :D

7. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    The next post is in progress. A bit longer than normal :D ;)

8. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Okay, off to Beta but it will probably still be a few days at least.

9. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Better late then never. ;)
    I hope you all are still around to read it.

He?s here.
    Riina Kwaad awoke abruptly from her slumber. The sleep had been relaxing. It helped in controlling her. Riina had been working to subdue that part of her that was fighting, dampening her spirit and willing her away through sheer willpower. In a moment her effort had been shattered. Something had changed.
    He?s here!
    The thought was more joyful this time.
    Riina sat up and blinked as if the action could clear her head. She closed her eyes again and concentrated, beating her down again, making sure that he could not sense her. If she saw him again?all could be lost.
    ?Trouble??
    Riina?s eyes darted open as she raised her head with a start. Kunra was sitting on a stool at the end of her makeshift bed, his head cocked slightly and his mouth curled in a slight grin. At least Riina thought it was a slight grin. It was hard to tell in the darkness. ?Nothing serious,? she finally answered.
    ?Something could be brought for you to help you sleep.?
    Riina narrowed her eyes. ?I?ll be fine.?
    Kunra bowed his head. ?I am only here to serve.?
    ?What a touching display of loyalty.? The words dripped with sarcasm as Baatjes Savalax emerged from the shadows. ?How you ever became a Shamed One is beyond me, Kunra.?
    ?Be careful human,? sneered Kunra, ?do not presume to comment on affairs you know nothing about.?
    ?Precisely my point,? Savalax answered dryly. ?You Vong have always been so narrow minded that you fail to see the objective through your misplaced sense of loyalty and honour.?
    Kunra stared at Savalax, clearly puzzled.
    ?I see the confusion on your face now my Yuuzhan Vong friend,? Savalax casually strolled behind Kunra. The one-time warrior turned slightly to see what Savalax was doing but the passing of time had made the old Vong?s abilities a shadow of what they once were. Savalax bent over Kunra?s shoulder. ?Any warrior of useful skill would not let me approach like this,? the human whispered.
    Kunra?s eyes widened in understanding but it was much too late. The old Vong seized as Savalax jabbed a stun baton in his back, his teeth gritting as he lifted off the stool. He made a three quarter turn and clawed briefly at the chest of his assailant, some fight still present in the warrior. It was to no avail. Darkness overtook Kunra as he slumped to the ground.
    Riina watched in stunned silence as Kunra fell. She had expected something like this but not so soon.
    No! Noooo! screamed in her mind, except it was not her thinking it.
    Not now! Riina responded. Let me handle this!
    Don?t let him take me. Not when he is so close?
    The despair of that last thought overwhelmed Riina, thwarting any defense she might have put up.
    Savalax watched her for a moment. ?Most interesting,? he said quietly. He approached Riina as she looked up at him with vacant eyes. It almost looked as if she was pleading. ?All too easy,? he whispered as he touched the stun baton to Riina?s side. She slumped over as unconsciousness took her. Savalax bent over and grabbed her arm, easing her up and flinging her over his shoulder. He moved nimbly, avoiding contact with other Yuuzhan Vong and staying in the shadows. He smiled to himself, pleased with his evening?s work. An excellent addition she will make, no matter her condition.

Tran Koth powered up the weapons systems of the Painless. A quick check of the ship?s sensors told him that their quarry was alerted to their presence. ?They?re raising shields.?
    Syn Koth nodded silently as he made a slight course correction, changing the vector so that they would intercept on a steeper angle.
    Tran smiled as the course change gave him more target to shoot at. The targeting system flashed green indicating a solid lock and Tran fired. Deep red beams of energy blazed out of the top mounted laser cannon, peppering their prey with multiple hits.

?T

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ben is Luke reincarnated I think. ;) funny he's pulling a Solo stunt.

11. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Yes! :D Tahiri's fighting to come to the surface when she realizes that Anakin's near!...

[face_shocked] He killed Kunra?!...

And Tahiri/Riina is taken! [face_shocked]...

Yay! Ben got his chance :)...

?well, flying was never your strong point.?
    [face_laugh]...

?Its not a weak point either,?]
    Uh huh. Sure Jacen. [face_plain]
    :p...

?Oh yeah,? replied Ben. ?I have a good feeling about this.?
    Anakin had been strangely silent for the last few moments. He had a sudden flash of her and then she was gone. Something had happened but he did know what. All Anakin knew was that it did not feel good.

I like how you contrast the anti-ANH "bad feeling about this" motif in Ben with the bad feeling that Anakin has in so short a space. Very nice :D

Nice post, Moffy :) I can't wait to find out what's happening with Riina/Tahiri!

12. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great post moff, love seeing ben show some skywalker and solo actions

13. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Great post, as always, Moff :) really exciting! to bad savalax has Tahiri :( now anakin has to save her!

?I?ll alert the HoloNet,? Jacen added dryly.

Jacen's sense of humor hasn't improved much :p

A ring of wreckage circled the planet, from massive chunks of Mon Calamari cruisers and Vong cruiser analogs down to blasted snub fighters and corralskippers and everything in between.

:cool: I like that idea.

?I have a good feeling about this.?

:eek: bizarro Han!!! :p

14. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It's good to see Ben having his day in the sun, and also perceptive of Anakin to trust him. Poor old Anakin's a bit distracted though!

?Well and good my young Padawan,? answered Anakin as he watched his sensors intently, ?but try to keep in my mind that we are trying to aim as well.? LOL - Anakin's sounding more and more like Obi-Wan.

I enjoyed the scene with the Anakin and Jacen working together. Very nice. :)

Previous post - ah I see old Luke is being mystical again. I hope we see more of Valin. I think he's my favourite character in this story.

15. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Savalax has Tahiri! [face_shocked]

And I agree with Yoda. Jacen needs a major personality change. That "humor" certainly doesn't help him. 8-}

16. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Thanks y'all. The feedback is always appreciated. It won't be long before I can repay the favour to the other authors out there. ;)

17. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    That was great, Moff! Humor and explosions, a perfect combination. :D

?well, flying was never your strong point.?

[face_laugh] That?s it Anakin, try for the subtle jabs at your brother.

?Let?s see what this baby can do!?

The characterization for Ben was perfect. Poor Jacen. Maybe he?ll think twice before calling him 'Benny' next time.

?Oh, uhhh?? he quickly tried to replay the past few moments in his mind, ?why not?? [face_laugh]

Maybe not the best thing Anakin?s ever said. I?m looking forward to seeing what happens next. More soon!

18. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Only a minute to pop in and say....great post! Loved the action, and looking forward to Tahiri coming out!

19. Vorquellyn

Vorquellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    I'm late!

Sounds like Tahiri is gaining more control or at least disturbing more of Riina's control. I like the direction Anakin has matured.

20. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Howdy all,

Just saying the thread isn't forgotten. I have a lot of writing to do at the moment but I hope to squeeze in the next post shortly. :)

21. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
  22. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    up! need a new post, moff! :D

23. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Yeah, I know.

I'm currently writing my thesis so I'm a little preoccupied at the moment.

But this story will be finished. ;)

24. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    It's a little early, but

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOFFY!
    [face_love]

25. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Here's a birthday bump ;)

Thread Status: